Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    The new area is probably nice but I find the update frustrating, just like the previous one that turned Kur into deathland. The weather effects are way too extreme even if they're trying to be realistic.

Less extreme weather effects, it has to be a happy medium between the previous build and the current one for Kur at least (I know I'm repeating myself but this will drive lvl 40 ish players into skipping this zone which they already tend to do. It became a zone to be farmed by lvl 60s atm)
    I'm 50/50 Druid/BC and i Hate being in Kur. I pretty much just run through it as fast as I can to get to a portal on my way to Rahu. I've never gone hunting in Kur nor talked to any npc.
    That's MrWhiskers to you.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kell.shepherd View Post
    I'm 50/50 Druid/BC and i Hate being in Kur. I pretty much just run through it as fast as I can to get to a portal on my way to Rahu. I've never gone hunting in Kur nor talked to any npc.

That's why I'm saying that the weather effects are bit much. It's a shame players don't use Kur anymore, it's still the best area for skins, wood, lichen and many other things. Plus NPCs with decent banks, storage and skill training+3 pretty cool dungeons. I think you are missing out on a thing older players experienced and probably others that will join the game will avoid it like you do because of the excessive prep needed. And not implying you don't wanna put the effort in but the preparation involves skills a newer lvl 45 ish player most likely doesn't have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khay, I really like the idea of putting gear into a sort of suitcase for load outs only. It would make it so much easier to carry 3-4 sets of gear.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suitcases +1 !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something cool for suitcases would be: one set of gear for a 2nd combat combo, 2 sets of gear for weather condition based maps (Kur, Ilmari, etc) and 1 set of gear for dungeons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Khaylara

I'm not so sure the cold weather thing is strictly terrible as-is, but rather the problem lies in the economy. Hopefully I'm not drawing from nostalgia here, if I could even call it that, but I felt the game was immensely more enjoyable when people helped others for the sake of helping - maybe a guild would get together and overcome a challenge, such as the weather, that the game presents.

Unfortunately now, it's all about gold; getting gold used to be a lot easier, and costs were a lot lower. Draining a vendor would only take an hour or so and you wouldn't be under constant pressure to min/max income because it didn't really matter. Gold was still useful and necessary, but nowhere near the levels it is now. I don't think it's strictly a bad thing - but it swings the game in another direction - one that *might* be better for longevity, but may push a more greed-focused player base, but it's hard to tell.

The plethora of market features definitely adds to this feeling - the stalls, raffle/vendor boxes, work orders, and the player work-orders. I used to think, when I got a new item, of who that item might benefit, and give it to that player - they'd usually compensate me with a bit of gold, but the gold itself was insignificant compared to the gesture.

As for the quantity vs. quality stuff, it's easier to build on a foundation, so I think these large content updates are a good thing - even if they're more of a tourist attraction that brings people back briefly to check 'em out.

I'm still hopeful the pieces will fall in place in the long run.

Also yeah, I think going as far as to split up the inventory into pages - one for tools, one for gear, one for food, and so on, would definitely help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think that cold is as big a problem as it has used to be. First thing I did after the patch is I crafted myself full set of winter gear. It makes a big big difference. The cold in Kur is definitely more manageable. In Gazluk I think the gear holds up quite good as well. I think the biggest problem is that people do not want to part with their already great gear. Carrying 2 sets of gear is not that bad. You can run on the surface to any cave / dungeon you wish and then change into your battle gear. Hunting on the surface is definitely much more difficult.

My biggest complaint is that when using a full set of winter gear you can only have speed mods on rings and amulets. Which makes it very difficult getting anywhere in Gazluk since it's so so big. And the agro range is really big too. You can not get anywhere without basicly drawing 2-3 mobs most of the time behind you. Only way is to try and move on the sides of the mountains which is not that easy. Even exiting caves is dangerous sometimes. Before you look around you'll draw 5 monsters, even sheep, towards you who tear you apart with the quick damage to your hp, before you know what is happening.

I would move the lower tiers of winter gear to Eltibule so lower level players can either craft or buy them before entering the zone. And I vote for slightly decreasing the agro range. Making it easier to move around, kill and possibly even solo few monster here and there on the surface. My AH pets are sometimes unwilling to attack monsters that far away and just turn back mid way or hit once and return. Which is not always my intention to draw all the monster in the vicinity towards me.

But I love the new zone. It's beautiful. I tried hunting in Gazluk and the money you can make from *things* (trade secret ) is not bad. But it truly requires some time to collect enough. Let's give it a few more days, maybe a week and then revisit if the initial problems remain.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played a bit in new zone. It looks nice, but unfortunatly is also very unstble (at least for me) Basicly every time i try to enter or exit it my game just closes. Same when i enter/exit caves in Gazluk. i dotn have any crash reports, anything - game just turns off. It sometime happens when i just run around too(and yes i alredy reported it ingame).

About zone itself - its bigh, it looks nice, and i liek large amount of caves. Monster aggro range is imo too big (like others mentioned). Anotehr problem i have(but mayeb its just me) that its hard to navigate in caves. They are lookign very similar, with very few points that coudl serve as landmarks.

Maybe adding option to make marks on our own would be good idea? I tried droppign items form my inventory (meat/pumpkins) to mark corridors i explored, but this works only if im alone - if there are other player(s) its very likely that tehy will pick this stuff.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is a more detailed review of the new content than my previous post. I am an experienced player with very modest & decent resources and moderate council-making capability. I have more time than many players in which to play, I play during EU evening hours & US afternoon hours, and there is little competition for gathering. I farm occasionally, but certainly not daily or for long periods of time.

Gazluk
    - The new zone is large and there is a lot to explore. We needed a new zone, and I'm very happy to have a new place. The other zones are still useful, but excitement for a new place is really nice.
    - I've found the cold mechanic to be fairly kind. I do not think standing by a campfire once every few minutes for a few seconds to be tiresome or difficult. I think the materials required to craft these campfires are cheap and easy to get. In addition, the warm-up breaks have resulted in more party chatter. I am very chatty, and have used the opportunity to get to know some people better. A social advantage.
    - Winter gear is very easy to craft now and very worth the 2 minutes it takes to gather the small number of mats from storage. The cold mitigation/body heat bonuses are substantial and prolong the time before I need a new fire enough.
    - There are so many caves that I see no point to arguing the weather mechanic is too severe. Once you learn the location of a few of the many cave entrances, you can make it from cave to cave if you lack resources for many campfires.
    - Emergency campfires are very cheap from NPCs and do the job just as well as Basics.
    - Meditation is an essential skill for every player (read about the passive bonuses) and leveling it high enough to get the -20% cold vulnerability or +5 universal mitigation meditations only takes a couple hours of playtime.
    - You do not die immediately once you've run out of body heat. You get quite a lot of time before you begin losing health. Perhaps this is based on another factor that new players may not have access to. I eat my words if so.
    - Frankly, Citan has done a lot to prepare us for this zone and it's more than enough.

Aggro Range
    - I've seen many players in-game claim the "!" mechanic is new. It is not new at all. It seems mobs of similar species have simply learned to "call for help" more loudly. In addition, Citan has mentioned many times that mobs have hearing. If you didn't know about this, search the Old Forums for labyrinth bugs.
    - I suspect this change is in line with Citan's recent changes to speed buffs during combat. A new zone is introduced and many players can simply fly over and skip content & landscape. It's important for me to note now that Hood is not a druid and I do not farm WOPs in order to fly over mobs. Perhaps I should do the latter every now and then. Regardless, the aggro changes do allow us to experience more of the content Citan has worked hard on.
    - It makes the zones more interactive.
    - It creates a more intense atmosphere in the new zone.
    - It promotes grouping. This is great during a time when we are waiting on a new group dungeon.

Skill Uncap & New Ability Rank Costs
    - If you play this game you need to farm. You need to learn how to make councils and a portion of your in-game time is required for that purpose. No one will give you councils for chatting with people. No one will give you councils to test things in-game. No one will give you councils for simply logging in. It's honest work, clever non-exploitative use of crafting/industry skills, good use of player work orders, a well-stocked vendor stall, or dishonest price-gouging. The time has to be invested in it.
    - They've already said the prices aren't coming down.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Vzi I agree as the community grows there's more of an isolation mentality, people group by guilds etc. But also there is no benefit from grouping outside dungeons at this moment, imagine a group of level 40s farming orcs in Kur, what would be the benefit. They would get more XP soloing even if they die a bit, also the loot which is okay for one person would be split to the point that they would make no cash either. So imho at the moment groups are necessary only in some dungeons. And it will be that way till outdoors mobs become more attractive loot wise.

As for weather effects I like how Erthiel started his post, he made himself a winter gear set and it was fine (because he was able to do so). Also good suggestion to place winter gear recipes in Eltibule to allow for preparation.
    People seem to forget (and I will remind them again) that when we give feedback we shouldn't just think from a personal perspective. Kur is for lower levels, Gazluk is not only for me or Hood or few others that have the resources but for ALL level 60s that might still be wearing lvl 50 gear dropped from manticores. Not everyone has maxed lw or tc to make themselves gear within 2 days of an update. Citan actually said that once that some players that were level 60 at the time were effectively level 80 (or something of the sort). These are a minority and changes shouldn't be based exclusively on that small percentage of the playerbase.

As for cost of the skills yes, Silvonis said that's not gonna change and that's fine. But we need more and better ways to make cash then. I have almost all the trades maxed on a char. If I do all available WOs (that I can do anyway) I get about 250 k. I could probably get more if I had the materials for everything. That would be enough to unlock 2-3 skills. Don't forget that now we pay for the smallest thing like fishing, mycology etc. That is a char with maxed lw, tc, carpentry, cooking and high level in tailoring and blacksmithing so I'm actually able to get 2-300k. How many of the more recent lvl 60s have so many tradeskills though? And making cash off trash mobs was fine till now but it will take months of mindless zombie farming to make the kind of cash needed. It's causing us to stagnate just for the sake of it and become gold-driven as Vzi said. Because at this point I can't afford putting metal slabs into tools to give away or sell at vendor value to help the community. I can hardly afford buying curatives or medikits to help others.

As long as gaining new skills and progressing will be depending on gold we will become more and more greedy not because we're bad people but because the game goes in that direction. Less for the casual player, more for the gold farmer. And that was the general idea of my initial post. Vzi put it much better than I did.

PS Sorry Naku, I might have taken your cave markers thinking they're trash
    Last edited by Khaylara; 01-25-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Footer