Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account auth and ingame name

ive updated to latest ver and had my account verified

would like to verify ingame name but the log in (after update / nor my memory) remembers the Guest ### i had my character name under

any help or sugestions

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could you explain in a bit more detail what is happening? I'm not sure i fully understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was able to play 1st half of Jan as a guest while waiting for my account to get verified

the launcher remembered the guest ## so i didnt wright it down

after i updated yesterday to the new ver. the launcher didnt remember the guest # and i cant get to my guest account to associate it w/ my acount

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah, i see. We'll probably need a dev to answer this. My guess is that guest accounts get purged periodically. Is there a reason it's taken you so long to verify it? Should be something you can do in a matter of minutes.

I know several people have had the verification email get destroyed by a spam filter. Did you never receive your email or is there some other reason you hadn't verified?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt receive email till i registered on the forum after updating so i could post

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dininy View Post
    didnt receive email till i registered on the forum after updating so i could post
    I believe the forum account is separate from the game account. Did you receive a confirmation at the email address associated with your game account?

Edit: Also, when did you first try to verify your in-game account?
    Last edited by alleryn; 02-07-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i created an account before i dl the game instead of from ingame

and as you say forum is different from account / i tried to log in Progect:Gorgon page and it still sais no account verification / thought forum and home were same

so how do i get the guest ## i was using before i updated??

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dininy View Post
    i created an account before i dl the game instead of from ingame

and as you say forum is different from account / i tried to log in Progect:Gorgon page and it still sais no account verification / thought forum and home were same

so how do i get the guest ## i was using before i updated??
    I think we'll have to wait for a dev to see if it's possible or if that info has been deleted from the server. I'm not sure how long they keep old guest accounts. Hopefully it's still retrievable.

I know they are working on a new system where you won't be able to register from the site anymore -- all registering for game accounts will happen through the in-game interface, which should prevent these kinds of problems. As i'm sure you know, PG is still in alpha, so some bumps in the road are to be expected.

Again i hope you are able to recover your account. If not and you decide to start over (i hope one way or another you stay with us... PG is awesome) i'll be happy to help out with anything you might need to try to help you catch up to where you would have been.

@Silvonis @Citan @srand Is it possible to recover Dininy's old guest account?

Thread Footer