Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there an open API? Project Gorgon API?

Title. Is there an automated public way to query the game/server to extract large amounts of information at once in some neat form like .xml or similar? (like all the skill levels and all the favor levels of a certain character)? I can do it manually, quite obv, but i'd prefer to save some time, instead of making excel tables/xml/whatever else myself per hand...

P.S. I thought of creating this thread in the tech support, but this isn't an issue/error with the game. Or in the tech talk, but this is directly related to PG.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 10-08-2020 at 06:22 PM. Reason: added "P.S."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a Wiki for the game that has that info already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what the wiki states:
    (44:45) Q: Would you be releasing an API if we could create add-ons or interface upgrades/modifiers?
    A: Unfortunately I don’t have that on the schedule at the moment. What we’re kind of hoping is that someone will solve this for us in the Unity Assets store and we’ll be able to integrate some sort of modifiable pack for GUI’s. The answer is probably not but we’ll keep our eyes open.
    Sad. But thanks. Also, I'm asking for a bit of a different thing. I just want raw dynamic numbers, that are stored on the servers. Like the current amount of experience, current skill levels, favor levels with npcs of a character. But, all the same.. No API... And only the Chat API was planned. Thanks...

Guess I'll have to do some manual labour for my characters and make adjustements.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 10-08-2020 at 07:49 PM. Reason: work, work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are many json files that have the info you might be wanting, i will look and see where they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all the json files are listed here http://cdn.projectgorgon.com/v336/data/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    there are many json files that have the info you might be wanting, i will look and see where they are.
    all the json files are listed here http://cdn.projectgorgon.com/v336/data/index.html
    Thank you again. These are great. JSON's are very helpful to create an initial universal base/database fast. They provide all (or almost all) the fresh static info kept in the game(client), I guess. https://www.gorgonexplorer.com/ i.e. uses them. But I was asking about the everchanging (by players playing and interacting with the world) character data for my character. For example the Skills levels (like 63 out of 80) and current exp in numbers (10150/25000) of a specific character, say Grobyd. I appreciate the help.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 10-08-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is old link. We are at v338 now. Either use cdn.projectgorgon.com which redirects to the current version, or go to http://client.projectgorgon.com/fileversion.txt to find the version and insert that into the link when you use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    This is old link. We are at v338 now.
    Or you could type something like v999 in the link and be automatically redirected to the newest version (v338) in this case.

http://cdn.projectgorgon.com/v999/data/index.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent in a suggestion for something like this a few years ago, and I'd still like to see it. Not necessarily an API, but I'd be more than happy with a version of /behaviorreport that covers the remaining information. For those who haven't used it, /behaviorreport is a command which gives you information on some player stats. (Challenge restrictions, Behavior badges, Food stats, Killing stats, and Misc Stats).

There are over 150 skills in-game right now, and to create a report of my stats, I have to click through every tab and manually write it down! If I want to record other character stats, I have to flip through nine other tabs in the Persona window to gather them (Health, Armor, Power, Damage Boosts, Damage Mitigation, Miscellaneous Enchantments, General Stats, Debugging, Currencies). The last time I put together a 'character sheet" of my main character, it took about twenty minutes to transcribe everything. If I could see that information in a window like the Behavior Report, it would save players looking to do similar tasks a great deal of effort. I wouldn't even complain if this command was placed into VIP.
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could ask support@projectgorgon.com for permission to sniff paquets, and turn that info into your own API. Later, the API would be replaced with a more official source (if it ever happens, resources are limited, and there is little benefit in game for what is a large effort).

That's how Magelo started 15 years ago.

They could just say no, and you'd have wasted only a few minutes of your time writing the proposal.

Thread Footer