Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendawn View Post
    Honestly, I think it's pretty funny and really puts some character into the world. The game doesn't do it constantly or go over board like a bad irish film or anything either. To tell you the truth the quirky nature of the world and it's humor reminds me of the Xanth book series by Piers Anthony.
    So does that mean you are in favor a Censor Ship being permanently moored at the docks? Couldn't resist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game reflects the reality. In reality we aren't living in a winipoo world, but in a world full of all kind of individuals. You can't just ask to get a person removed just because he is to rude in your opinion.
    Personally i don't like rudness either, and i try to not use such words, but i like that it is in the game, because the game just feels more real like that.

As for your kids: If they can read the text, they are at least 7 or 8, i guess. I don't see a problem with this, just tell them that this is how they should NOT talk in public. They will have to learn anyway.
    Last edited by Sommerlund; 03-09-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, individuals have been removed for being rude.

About a year ago there was a big explosion of that. I didn't know if I was coming back because of it. But the devs put their foot down, and said what unacceptable behavior was, and I liked that.

NPCs aren't players. They play by different rules.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't want to stifle the discussion so please just view this post as a way for us to clarify our position on the matter rather than an attempt to close down the discussion. We intend on keeping the language and type of humor that you currently see in Project: Gorgon and, to a degree, expand upon it as we move through development adding new NPC(s) and areas.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    I don't want to stifle the discussion so please just view this post as a way for us to clarify our position on the matter rather than an attempt to close down the discussion. We intend on keeping the language and type of humor that you currently see in Project: Gorgon and, to a degree, expand upon it as we move through development adding new NPC(s) and areas.
    Fair enough, your Game/Vision/Work (I mean this in a respectable way), but happy to know the feedback has been received. Thanks!

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #36
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yertle View Post
    Fair enough, your Game/Vision/Work (I mean this in a respectable way), but happy to know the feedback has been received. Thanks!
    We take player feedback and suggestions seriously and we actively encourage these types of discussions so please don't hesitate to speak your mind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally find the R-rated NPC dialogue to be hilarious! The profanity is refreshing as long as it is done with a sharp wit (which seems to be the case in PG).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yertle View Post
    While there are quite a few aspects of PG that I am enjoying, one area that I'm not a fan of is the high amount of sexual references and profanity of NPCs. I have two main problems with this text being so prevalent...
    1) I sometimes have my younger kids are nearby and possibly reading over my shoulder, so having these types of things going across chat and quests is a drawback.
    2) If you want a more mature audience, then I don't think this is the way to go. I actually think you could end up with a less mature audience by feeding sex and profanity (for generalities, think Darktide for an AC reference). I would propose going with deeper questions/lore/riddles than talking about having sex with a tornado.
    I don't want to get rid of the mature dialogues, but I would like to see more non-sexual dialogues in Serbule. It feels like there's too many especially when there's relevant in-game information not being presented to players.

I'd ask that instead of removing sexual comments, mix in more comments that aren't delivered in a sexual way. I agree with one part of what the original poster said. It feels to me like it's become immature. Unlike the OP, it's not that I think having it in the world at all is immature. But I think having so much of the focus of dialogues in Serbule revolve around it becomes immature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What relevant in game information are we missing being given in Serbule? I am curious now

I am older in real life and honestly don't see the immaturity what I see is a rather sarcastic world which I quite enjoy so far anyway
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    What relevant in game information are we missing being given in Serbule?
    Directions to Eltibule and the Docks would be at the top of my list, but I'm easily lost.

Anyway, most of Serbule is populated by elves, so it makes sense to me that they would focus on sexual chatter. I like Rita and Blanche's chats - they sound like friendly girl talk. I do like Eachna's suggestion to mix in more non-sexual comments, though. (Well, ok, I'm always in favor of added dialog, but I also think it would be nice to have some more balanced chatter in Serbule.)

When I started playing, I thought the dialog for the Mushroom Jack root vegetable quest was a bit too blatant, but that was the only thing that really stood out for me.

Thread Footer