Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tickling fish is/was illegal in the UK because it was hard to catch poachers because they needed no equipment; so it is somewhat realistic, although usually you tickle fish from a rock on the bank instead of running after them!

disclaimer - I have never done illegal fish poaching in this manner, and neither did the person who showed me how to do it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    FISHING!

Can you please make fishing more realistic and less about running into the water and grabbing things with your hand? Every gathering profession is exactly the same. Gather with your hands.

Can we get fishing to be more traditional with a rod, line and lure ala the cast your rod into the waters and play a fishing minigame to pull it out?

Stardewvalley has a simplistic one or you can look at world of Warcraft where you just wait for a bite and right click your lure.

But please... make fishing different then every other resource gathering in the game... its monotonous, repetative, …. and...…….. not fun
    You could try ice fishing, but it's a little like mushroom farming, which is a little like cheese aging, which is a little like alcohol aging........

On a more serious note, all the planned updates are exciting... and I'm glad we can lure more fish into the game with the demo now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught a decent amount of flak last time I gave a suggestion on these forums. So to keep it blunt and straight forward.

There is a lot of stuff that could use some optimization and 'ironing' out to make game play and the systems that follow 'smooth'. There is also some minor graphic bugs and some things like armor are just hideous either in design, color, or are just broken model wise.

Point being. Game is clearly a work in progress, and will continue to be so for sometime. The price shouldn't be 40$. It's not a 40$ game.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Imagine someone using a bunch of demo characters to play music for their main character's garden -- that's technically power-leveling, since music makes plants grow faster!
    Well ... oops. How do you feel about a mule on a paid second account playing garden music? I have a mule holding shared garden supplies for my main account. Since I always have her standing around for easy trading anyway when I garden, it seemed logical to give her an instrument and stop trying to multitask playing and watering on my gardener. I never really thought about it much - since I never took the mule out of Serbule, it didn't feel I was doing something beyond mule scope.

[ Unless I'm really missing something, music gives a chance for increased crop yield but doesn't increase growing time? ]

Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    FISHING!

Can you please make fishing more realistic and less about running into the water and grabbing things with your hand? Every gathering profession is exactly the same. Gather with your hands.

Can we get fishing to be more traditional with a rod, line and lure ala the cast your rod into the waters and play a fishing minigame to pull it out?

Stardewvalley has a simplistic one or you can look at world of Warcraft where you just wait for a bite and right click your lure.
    Every time fishing is mentioned, it seems I'm the only one who likes the current system but let me say again that I think swimming after fish is fun. I'd like to keep that around even if a rod system is added later on.

I theoretically wouldn't mind a fishing game, but I'd be hesitant about adding anything that tests reflexes too much. I have a few hundred hours in Stardew Valley and maxed fishing on multiple characters there but I still cannot fish without the easy fishing mod installed. Twitch reflexes vary quite a lot between people and getting the right balance between "impossible", "too easy" and "tedious" for everyone is hard. ( It's been a decade since I played WoW, but at the time, fishing there fell emphatically into the "tedious" category for me.)

I don't know, I'm generally pretty happy with the PG gathering skills, so maybe my opinion here isn't that useful. The only gathering skill I find a bit weird is mining since we are apparently breaking apart chunks of metal with our bare hands or hooves there. But I can't say I want to drag around another tool for mining, so I'm ok with the weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post

On a more serious note, all the planned updates are exciting... and I'm glad we can lure more fish into the game with the demo now.
    Yes, that. I'm really looking forward to the placeholder NPCs getting more personality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you are thinking about the UI and crafting in particular, I would like to suggest a couple improvements that you may already have on your list, but just to make sure...

It would be great if the icon here took you to the actual recipe. Linking you to more info about a recipe is useless.

I would love to see a basic version of crafted gear on recipe windows. Knowing the base stats for things, especially when it involves special stats like stun evasion or burst evasion etc..., would be super helpful.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramis View Post
    I would love to see a basic version of crafted gear on recipe windows. Knowing the base stats for things, especially when it involves special stats like stun evasion or burst evasion etc..., would be super helpful.
    This one would be REALLY nice to have. I can usually make 5-6 versions of a piece of gear, and it would be great to know what the base stats are without crafting one each first.

While we are on crafting, I'd love the ability to hot key a recipe - just hit "Ctrl-M" and up pops the Moon Phase recipe I've previously bound to that key combo. (Doing mushroom farming again right now, so I'm mildly obsessed about moon phases.) I don't know if that's remotely feasible - it just feels there are some recipes I want to bookmark or frequently use and hot keys would be one way of doing that...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Lyramis, I second your ideas. One more thing I woudl add is ability to sort recipes baed on diferent categories - like recipe level, gear slot(show only head/torso/main hand etc items), newest/oldest, show only highest tier, etc. It's sometiem hard to scroll trough multiple recipes, looking for the one I want.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How fast will the mounts be?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly the maps are too small for mounts in my opinion. The game world isn't large enough to warrant mounts. Mounts will make zones feel very tiny. If zones were much larger it be more fitting to have mounts. I mean.. look at sunvale for example. That place is tiny. Even Gaz isn't that large of an area when you think about it. Its mostly a circle surrounded by mounts on all sides with a big mountain in the middle you can scale if you feel like it since players can still walk 90 degree's up a hill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we limited to just 1 demo character? I wanted to make another but clicking the button doesn't allow me to to make another.

Thread Footer