Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Animation System?

What ever happened to the promise of a new modeling/animation system that was in the works when steam released in early access that we heard so much about? All talk of this has disappeared it seems.

Any update on this? It was suppose to help make the game more aesthetically pleasing and help the animation look more modern and smooth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would've been better to focus on performance improvements first.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animation work continues

Hi!

The contractor working on animation and art hangs in The Gorgon's Head discord with players. Back in August he told us that he was working on mount animation. I won't quote everything he said, but mounts are nearly ready. He rewrote the animation system. He also was working on zone improvements.

So yes, that all is going on. From what he said, he's updating systems to allow designers to have more choices with how player/mount interaction functions. The systemic changes will still need to be incorporated into whatever else is happening on the development end. But eventually we will see that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamasha View Post
    Would've been better to focus on performance improvements first.
    Well that's part of the reason for an animations/modeling systems update, to aid performance... lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfyn View Post
    Hi!

The contractor working on animation and art hangs in The Gorgon's Head discord with players. Back in August he told us that he was working on mount animation. I won't quote everything he said, but mounts are nearly ready. He rewrote the animation system. He also was working on zone improvements.

So yes, that all is going on. From what he said, he's updating systems to allow designers to have more choices with how player/mount interaction functions. The systemic changes will still need to be incorporated into whatever else is happening on the development end. But eventually we will see that.

I know it's been mentioned in other threads, but it would be really helpful if all the information related to PG was shared in a central hub. I know the majority of players don't know how to access Gorgon's Head server on Discord, and bouncing around Steam discussions, Twitter, and the actual forums is enough to drive people crazy (or frustrated enough to make new threads).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a player. My reporting of what had been said was just to share information I had seen. To expect everyone to say the same thing everywhere might be too much. Getting it here on the forum was something I could contribute. I'm not even sure the developers know what had been shared in discord. Therefore, I replicated it here. You are welcome to the information I have.

Expecting the developers to make sure everyone knows everything about their development plans and progress will definitely exceed their capacity to do so. As a player and a volunteer guide, I assure you I do not know much about everything. Allow us to all give what we can.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    What ever happened to the promise of a new modeling/animation system that was in the works when steam released in early access that we heard so much about? All talk of this has disappeared it seems.

Any update on this? It was suppose to help make the game more aesthetically pleasing and help the animation look more modern and smooth.
    It will happen eventually your not the only one waiting coding takes alot of time

Thread Footer