Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shield avoid 101% death mod being prematurely activated and not being used when I

Ever since the crit update I have noticed my shield mod to avoid death will go off randomly even though I'm full on health and armor this has happened in gazluk wolf cave and the rakashas cat people things I will recover my armor and health with push onward and shield team and reinforce ect and then if I recover from the brink of death to quick it still counts the mod being used even though I didnt die inless crits are instant killing me at 1k armor and 739 health I highly doubt its me being paranoid fk what should I do to fix this

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update lost a quarter of my health and armor and didnt heal or die but it activated the mod anyways

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In GK it is impossible to fight with a group of enemies !!! Right death ... And the armor is pierced anyway ....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday 3 man group in GK, killed Gut then beakhorse and the mini boss 1st room downstairs, recalled beginning made our way to Healer and killed him, did we use more rezz yep but it's still doable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be that Death Avoidance was changed and instead procs on enemies doing a Critical Strike thus sparring you a bucketload of damage taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenatom View Post
    In GK it is impossible to fight with a group of enemies !!! Right death ... And the armor is pierced anyway ....
    Get a tank and a healer.. Simple, yet effective .

Tank with Staff/Shield can negate most damage, excluding the necromancers down stairs, have the tank use the damage mitigation buff from Meditation and he'll be fine.
    It's all about that mitigation now and especially immunities.
    Last edited by Ashreon; 10-10-2018 at 05:37 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that death avoidance is bugged and triggers in cases where it clearly shouldn't. This bug could actually occur before the crit change, but it only happened to me when fighting Gazluk bosses and getting hit by rage attacks. It seems getting hit by very strong attacks triggers it more often and crits make it so even weaker mobs can trigger the bug.

My guess is that death avoidance tries to predict when an attack is going to kill you to negate it, but the method of doing so is inaccurate so it triggers even when it shouldn't. I believe it's because it only checks to see how much damage you're going to take, and then compares it to the health and armor you currently have, while ignoring passive mitigation on your character. So if a mob does a 400 damage attack to you and you have 200 health and 200 armor, it will trigger death avoidance, even if you have a huge amount of mitigation from armor or your gear. (I have a hunch it calculates mitigation gained from buffs correctly, but I'm not 100% sure)

This bug was probably causing death avoidance to trigger prematurely many times before as well, but it just wasn't as noticeable because monster damage was lower so it only occurred when you were already at low health, so you would just assume that the attack would in fact kill you. Now that damage can be higher it can occur when you have high or even full health + armor so it's very obvious.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 10-10-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    I can confirm that death avoidance is bugged and triggers in cases where it clearly shouldn't. This bug could actually occur before the crit change, but it only happened to me when fighting Gazluk bosses and getting hit by rage attacks. It seems getting hit by very strong attacks triggers it more often and crits make it so even weaker mobs can trigger the bug.

My guess is that death avoidance tries to predict when an attack is going to kill you to negate it, but the method of doing so is inaccurate so it triggers even when it shouldn't. I believe it's because it only checks to see how much damage you're going to take, and then compares it to the health and armor you currently have, while ignoring passive mitigation on your character. So if a mob does a 400 damage attack to you and you have 200 health and 200 armor, it will trigger death avoidance, even if you have a huge amount of mitigation from armor or your gear. (I have a hunch it calculates mitigation gained from buffs correctly, but I'm not 100% sure)

This bug was probably causing death avoidance to trigger prematurely many times before as well, but it just wasn't as noticeable because monster damage was lower so it only occurred when you were already at low health, so you would just assume that the attack would in fact kill you. Now that damage can be higher it can occur when you have high or even full health + armor so it's very obvious.
    fixed derp
    Last edited by spider91301; 01-15-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A pity for those who play most of the time alone ....
    I have almost 800 of armor, but it does not make any difference !!!
    I really hope the DEV's also take a look at this ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhenatom View Post
    A pity for those who play most of the time alone ....
    I have almost 800 of armor, but it does not make any difference !!!
    I really hope the DEV's also take a look at this ...
    I group with that im just pointing out how fked up the games logic is when triggering the life saving effect then again with how crits are halloweens going too be fun with the level 70 boss that and getting there past the mages

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that certain mobs in GK can instant kill you even if you are full hp/armor hitting you for something like 600+ damage which bypass armor, not that it doesn't mean it isn't bugged as well, but this just adds to the problems :P.
    Last edited by Ashreon; 10-16-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Thread Footer