Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am suffering from this bug very badly tonight. It was only when there were lootables that it would happen. It would go away if there were no corpses to loot but then reappear about half the time when their were more bodies to loot.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You're getting the cursor stuck in the center of the screen again? Hmm, I've fixed the only cause of this that I could repro, so I need more clues about what you're seeing.

You say it comes back when there's lootable bodies... if you rotate your character 180 degrees with the keyboard, does it fix itself?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to try to narrow down the circumstances that produce it. I will try the 180 rotate.

It is slightly different than the classic "locked to center of screen bug". The mouse travels more but when trying to loot or select a targetable (anything with the rectangular aiming box) it jumps back to center. Some group members were suggesting it had something to do with the camera trying to reset to its default position. This would make some sense as I often 180 the camera angle when luring monsters in GK.

Is their a way to loot with the keyboard?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    You say it comes back when there's lootable bodies... if you rotate your character 180 degrees with the keyboard, does it fix itself?

Took a long time for it to happen maybe 30 mins, but sure enough. I mez a target, go to mouse click over to another target and I notice I cant.
    The 180 keyboard turn dint affect the bugs expression other than directly behind my character was nothing targetable so the mouse moved more freely.
    Upon tabbing back into the game the bug disapeared, though alt tabbing seems to have no effect I think it might be more relatable to number of targetables on screen at one time. After writing a bit and time passed some of the items on the screen had expired. Sorry this is all so broad and not specific. Ill let you know more as it happens, or hopefully not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Is their a way to loot with the keyboard?

I think the defaults are cntrl tab to target next and u to interact but there doesn't seem to be a way to loot. If you try to interact again the item just flashes but doesn't loot. A /take all command or key bind would be nice but I suppose that would just make botting easier.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The key-bind 'Use' will open an object, like to loot.

But it won't go further and select what kind of looting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my work around for this is to change the path of the mouse cursor till it lets you get to where you want it. In order to loot while the bug is active I will move my character a little bit. Then instead of a straight line I will move my cursor in a large looping pattern and try to approach the loot button or item from the top instead of the bottom. If the mouse doesn't go over any other targetables it wont reset back to center, but if I cross a targetable with mouse then it resets. On the upside I am turning into a true keyboard warrior.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So what you're seeing is that you can move the mouse, but when you try to click, it jumps back. Or is it that whenever you mouse over certain rectangles on the screen it jumps back? Hmm. That's super weird. A few more questions for you:

Does right-clicking and dragging the camera around (then letting go) fix it for a while?

What sort of framerate are you getting when this happens? (If you enable the FPS indicator, it'll give you a color-coded number -- I'm wondering if it's red, yellow, or green when this happens, basically.)

Also, please try opening up the Settings window and adding the word "NoSlowBoxes" (without quotes) and see if that fixes it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added "NoSlowBoxes" . Cant tell if that has effected anything yet.

My frame rate caps at 30 on this comp and I usually run 1, 0, or -1, graphics settings. -1 as of late. When the bug happens it is usually yellow and between 17-24. Though it happened the other day when I arrived at the platue in Rahu where Pask roams. Their was only one other player there at the time and it seemed to be triggered by their presence.

360 spinning the camera DOES fix the bug but sometimes the camera doesn't want to spin. In that case I move the character around a little or try from a different spot then the camera will spin. The inability to click could just be me trying to click in the split second that the mouse is being dragged back to center. When I say it fixes it, it fixes it till the next instance, which might be 10-25 times during a GK run.

Do graphical settings draw distance affect item interaction? It seems like its a layering of the targeting boxes issue. Sometimes their will be a ghost square thing that flashes near the center of the screen Their are so many things that seem to cause it and it happening in Rahu to me threw me for a loop. I thought it was just a GK dungeon / gaz outdoor thing for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I just had something similar happen to me, cursor was stuck in the upper right corner of the screen though. :/

Problem was I couldn't right click to pan because all my UI windows were in that corner, hah.
    This is Monger.

Thread Footer