Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah stuns & mezzes don't seem to allow backstabs. It seems like a missed opportunity for synergy tbh

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
    Yeah stuns & mezzes don't seem to allow backstabs. It seems like a missed opportunity for synergy tbh
    According to last year's patch notes, mez is supposed to work: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/G...tes/2017-02-07 .

If you can confirm that it isn't, I'd bug that. I tried figuring out whether it's working or not last night, but the message that warns me when my backstab wasn't effective seems to have gone missing and I'm unable to read the floaty text fast enough to check whether mez worked based on the damage numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    According to last year's patch notes, mez is supposed to work: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/G...tes/2017-02-07 .

If you can confirm that it isn't, I'd bug that. I tried figuring out whether it's working or not last night, but the message that warns me when my backstab wasn't effective seems to have gone missing and I'm unable to read the floaty text fast enough to check whether mez worked based on the damage numbers.
    @Citan

Tested this last night with Tell me about your mother and gut. Confirmed it did not work. Warning text popped up and no Damage over time applied. I also tested Cause Terror with similar results. Tonight I will level up shield and test Stunning Bash.

In order to create more of an opportunistic feel to the Knife Fighting abilities such as Gut, Backstab and Surprise throw could also be used when the victim is in a Vulnerable state. Vulnerability to me imparts of feeling of defenselessness or recklessness that invites retaliation.

On top of exploiting enemies when they are in a vulnerable state, punishing enemies when they make an over reach is a hallmark of clever combatants. Synergizing with their defensive capabilities such as Blur Cut, when a knife fighter successfully evades an attack this could open up an opportunity to Gut/Backstab/Surprise Throw.

Additionally I love where Knife Fighting is going with its survivability aspects IE increased evasion and such. However I feel the current implementation of Surge Cut and Fending Blade feel out of place. In their current iteration they feel more like Sword abilities. In an effort to further push the identity of Knife Fighting and Sword abilities apart. These could use a closer look.

The rage reducing abilities of Swords are well implemented in their current form as each knick and well timed slash can whittle enemies to shreds. For knife fighters however I feel the technique they strive for is to get into their opponents head and use their rage against them. Creating attacks of opportunities when the opponent is distracted or makes a misstep.

Instead of reducing the opponents rage as the current iteration of Fending Blade does now, perhaps it could impart a high temporary evasion modifier and/or completely remove the focus clause that is required to Gut/Backstab to its fullest effect. I believe an implementation change like this would give the knife fighter a survivability tool like Surge Cut and fulfill a skillset defining aspect of the Knife Fighter mythos.

Thread Footer