Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Class Suggestion

Hello Citan and Srand,

Is there any possibility of introducing a hivekeeper class like the Tumerok class from AC2? I think that would be pretty cool to have and it fits in well with the quirky classes we have available now. I don't have details or specifics on the class and what it would require, its playstyle, etc.. but I have many fond memories of playing the hivekeeper back in the day and think something similar would be very fun to play.

Others are welcome to input, agree or disagree etc...

Kindly,
    Alex

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan
    ... Fae Bees live in the fairy realm. They're tameable by fairy animal handlers.

So that would be one form of beekeeping

BetaNotus a long time tester wrote this a fair while ago
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus
    So Beekeeping could actually be a pretty interesting crafting skill that works similar to Fletching boxes or Cheesemaking barrels (but placed in a garden). You’d need some carpentry knowledge for the hive structures, and foraging to potentially find feral bees (chance to spawn with flowers perhaps). Hives would probably require wood, metals, and some wax from candle stubs to craft. Could be a carpentry recipe. Hives placed in close proximity to each other by multiple players could potentially produce more beeswax or honey. Beeswax could be used to craft candles, increasing cold-resistance of leather (waterproofing), and used in blacksmithing recipes. Textile Creation already requires Cheesecloth for dying cloth armor, but I think beeswax could work better for dying 2 or 3 colors. (Look up Batik). The wax could also be incorporated into cheese making recipes, leatherworking, potential jewelry skills, and well, soap. Beeswax collection from hives could improve as your level at the skill increases, similar to how carded cotton is created.

I could see charged, flaming or poison-coated bees as Special Abilities for the side bar, probably sacrifice your hive to fill two or three empty bottle with bees from your hive, and apply magic.
    There is honey in game, and a need for honey. Citan has talked about bees. Animal Husbandry is also a yet to be an implemented skill and maybe the two will be the same or at least go hand in hand. I think there are strong indications that beekeeping and maybe hive keeping while be in the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Great input Shieldbreaker. I appreciate the references. This excites me!

Thread Footer