Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Discuss Dev Blog: April 2, 2019

The newest developer blog is here:

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/entr...g-April-2-2019

And this is the thread for discussion! Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War cache sounds very interesting and I am looking forward to trying them out.

Suspect that they will be a 'wanted feature' for all levels.

Kudos for coming up with the concept and developing it.

Many thanks to all for your commitment and hard work. These experiments really differentiates PG from all the other games.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the future could you make it possible for us to know which treasure effect has been added by an augment?

Currently you need to keep a list.

It would be super awesome to put say an asterisk or maybe a purple one next to the text on the power in question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to see more content!

The Lycan changes have been a long time coming.

It will be intresting to see how the players/skill usage landscape changes with these changes.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most looking forward for the % chance for a given mod being rolled, it will make things way easier.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very excited about the new transmutation aspects - I like that less rare items are more easily boosted - this helps a lot with spending a long time getting a set how you want it just to out level it. Interested to see how percent rarity will change the add useless augment game for increasing favorable re-roll odds.

Incredibly excited about these new 'war caches' - cannot wait to try them out. I'm very curious what it will be like when you randomly end up with another player. People on the whole tend to be very helpful - i.e. waiting and guiding to loot pigs - and I think it could be a great social moment when you randomly end up with just one other player in a mini puzzle dungeon.

On twitter there was mention of new skills as well as new mechanics for the next update, but nothing mentioned about new skills - curious if we'll see any net new skills coming soon though I'm sure I'll be sated with just what was listed.

Lastly, thanks for the hammer boost :3 I've already enjoyed hammer as is so looking forward to seeing what it turns into ^_^

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's going to show the percentage, great! But has the mechanics in which you roll treasure been updated or am I going to see 12.5 % but have the same 2 treasure recycle themselves? @Citan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was waiting patiently to see what was going to change with Lycan because after the last nerf I can not even run in Gazluk nor Gazluk dungeons without dying over and over again. So my days are done with Lycan. I made a whole new character after the last nerfs because well Lycan was not playable for me anymore, and very frustrating, instead of a wolf you made a baby puppy. I did not complain about the last nerfs well because yes it needed to be done, I will be the first to admit Lycan was too strong. But now another nerf? If you keep nerfing and making it useless you mine as well take it out of the game. Go ahead haters... hate I don't give a crap. I guess my lycan-puppy can become my mule now and just hold items. Hell I may not even log back into the game after this. It was fun while it lasted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you look into lowering the cost of crude and decent phlog per reroll. Consider the opportunity cost for someone in the mid 50s his first time through with 210 decent phlog. With this 210 decent phlog, you can go sell it for 10k and buy a couple of abilities, or reroll six times. I don't remember how much money these people make, but 10-15k/hr isn't out of the question, is it? It wasn't until 60+ that I could make 15-25k/hr, but maybe I was just slow at making money. So you're asking for someone to spend an hour of their time's worth of money to MAYBE get one or two better mods on non-permanent gear. I really don't think that works in favor of transmutation/modding, which basically becomes necessary 50+ (where you have that steep difficulty increase). The tools to scale to the current content are there, they're just too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    In the future could you make it possible for us to know which treasure effect has been added by an augment?

Currently you need to keep a list.

It would be super awesome to put say an asterisk or maybe a purple one next to the text on the power in question.
    You can go to a transmutation table and find the mod that you aren't allowed to reroll. As in, item shows six mods, but the transmutation table will only allow you to reroll 5. The augmented mod is the 6th... if I'm understanding you correctly.
    Last edited by Ranperre; 04-02-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The new dungeon stuff sounds interesting. From what I take it sounds like it'll be kind of puzzle orientated which could be fun. Opportunities to gear around level 50 were pretty difficult too so I look forward to the addition.

The transmutation changes are very welcome too. Giving the player more information about these sorts of things is always excellent. It lets us plan ahead better and reduces a lot of the frustration involved, ESPECIALLY when dealing with randomness.

As for the Hammer and Lycan changes, they sound pretty good for now, but I'll have to see what the changes end up like.
    Pound to slag is ok, although a little lackluster compared to other epic attack nukes so a bit of a buff wouldn't be bad on it. Latent charge getting a buff is definitely good though, it's probably always been Hammer's worst attack overall. I'm still wondering if Way of the Hammer is going to get any changes since the last patch's changes to the damage formula hurt it really badly.

I'm glad you're looking at Lycan from a fair point of view. There have been a lot of people claiming that Lycan is the strongest damage dealer in the game and super OP, so I was expecting Lycan to just get decimated by the nerf bat. In reality, Lycan isn't very strong, it's just that Skulk was way too good and outside of the huge damage Skulk combos, Lycan's damage is kinda lacking. The damage formula changes have evened it out a bit, but I would still like to see Skulk weakened a bit more while improving the rest of Lycan's damage a bit.

Thread Footer