Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanzhigao View Post
    After receiving a key I activated account on a computer I don't regularly use, it auto synced to an account I made on the alpha client using that PC(which I logged into once) instead of giving me any option. SeemsGood
    Hmm. You should have needed to log in through Steam once on that alpha account before it became attached. But if you contact support@projectgorgon.com, we can de-Steam you so you can try again.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jms60t5 View Post
    In the Sebule Hills area, there used to be nice, lush grass and trees. It was fantastic. (I run using "retro" graphics but advanced and set all to max - no lag before and looked fantastic). Now, it's barren -- it's utterly lifeless. No grass, few trees. I was told in-game that the devs removed the grass and most of the trees deliberately. Is this true? In what universe did that make sense? The area looks hideous now. I actually don't want to log in, if I have to go to that zone. It's so utterly barren-looking, it's actually depressing. Seriously. No grass?

-- Edit: thank heavens Sebule itself still has a good, lush look. I am literally trying to figure out how to play without having to go to Sebule Hills ever -- it looks so bad without grass and trees. I normally don't care about graphics, but even low-res grass would look better than the barren wasteland that is that zone now. Please, please, please bring life back to that zone. It look like farmland before -- it looks barren now. Not... good.
    We exchanged comments briefly on the Steam forum, and I have your in-game report. (Thank you!) I just wanted to clarify for other players that this is not a deliberate or intended change. We'll get it fixed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jms60t5 How you think the Ranalor got the new dungeon built? Had to tear down trees for it !

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The trees and grass in Serbule Hills got turned off by accident. They'll be back

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    The trees and grass in Serbule Hills got turned off by accident. They'll be back

Oh, thank goodness! I've been leveling Animal Handling in Serbbule Hills, and yea, it was kinda cool to see stuff better, but gosh darn, missed the foliage more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I've enjoyed the new patch. I've seen some improvement in my FPS and the new dungeon has been great. I know that non-instanced dungeons are nothing new for this game, but as a new player I find it incredibly refreshing. It's awesome to meet new people at the dungeon entrance and work with them through a boss or two. Thanks for the update, I look forward to whatever is next!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came in again today to say that I really like the new item icons. Probably haven't seen them all, but the ones I have, very nice!
    Last edited by IndigoBlue; 04-09-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MaxActiveLoads=100 works just fine on my machine. It's not top of the line or anything. Middle of the road i3, SSD, 16gb ram & radeon 480+ gfx card.

Edit: having said that, at ANY gfx level, serbule (any area that is populated with humanoids) is still hard to navigate. My fps always shows a reasonable number, despite the stutter/jerkiness trying to navigate.

Maybe a special setting to tell PG how much resources for each zone to load? I've got an 8gb card, I imagine a lot of that is going to waste.
    Last edited by Unruly; 04-08-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you nerf panther but people in the thread were saying they make 200,000 in 20 minutes

panther only way i know for make money, now i am poor

;_;

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sudostahp View Post
    I like the new razorslash panther / orc mix in Kur. It's more dangerous, which is a good balance to the reward. Unfortuantely the panther spawn has been dramatically reduced, and it seems that their respawn time has increased (it's hard to tell on the latter since there are so many fewer in the area). I feel that the pendulum may have swung too far in this re-balance.
    This is exactly what i was going to say.

There used to be 50-100 panthers i'd say and now it's more like a dozen. As far as i know this is the only mob in the game that yields Quality skins (i may be wrong about this, please correct me).

I never farmed panthers regularly for cash, i only used them as a source when i needed specifically quality skins (usually to fill a work order). But now it just feels highly time-consuming to accumulate the quality skins i would like. [Edit: As comparison, even farming great skins from Grimalkin, with their low density, is faster, i believe.]

The addition of the orcs is great. They call for help and fire at you from range. I died more than once (of course i don't have great gear, so i suppose they're nothing more than a minor nuisance to stronger players).

One idea i had was to give the panthers some kind of evasion to aoe attacks to make it harder to farm them in bulk as people had been doing in the past. Perhaps this would make it possible to increase the number of panthers without their being the enormous cash cow they were in the past. I'm not sure if such an ability is possible with the engine, however.

Otherwise a great update. Still considerable lag in Serbule of course, but i think you're on the right track. It feels substantially better than before. Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by alleryn; 04-09-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Thread Footer