Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's up with Ice magic.

When i see ice magic and fire magic i think of 2 skills that should be on par in a lot of things but as time goes on ice magic is soo behind fire that's not funny anymore. One of many things... i've seen people using a shield/ beaker with battle chemistry/ fire and i got curious how it was possible and since i was using a staff/ flask to play battle chemistry/ ice. So i got myself a shield and guess what i can activate fire skill with a beaker but can't activate ice magic, wtf kinda sick joke is this i feel like a lot of time was dedicated to the fire skill development but maybe not ice magic. I just would like to know why fire m. works with a main hand beaker but ice m. doesn't @Citan , thanks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fire magic has been in development years more than ice magic. I'm not sure about the balance issue, I certainly prefer ice magic more than fire magic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was fairly impressed with ice magic,in both a single target and aoe focused build, as far as damage is concerned. Talking geared out in level 70 stuff,using coldrend potions and enhancing the cold damage on my armor but even unmodded there was a respectable amount of versatility there with the root/mez/cryogenic freeze.

The fire magic enabling beaker-staff not enabling ice magic is an issue yes,but running bc/ice magic with flask is absolutely an option. Honestly the ~90 armor wasn't gonna save you if the two roots/mez/cryogenic freeze/healing mist/golem etc won't.
    If you aren't hearing strains of Yakkity Sax everytime you get into combat in an aoe build that relies on roots something is wrong there,suffice to say the armor ain't the issue in my opinion.

Granted this is coming from a guy wearing hot pants for the damage so take that last bit with a grain of salt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wiki needs to be updated as well for Ice magic - it only goes upto 65 spells - it does not say what is needed for lvl 70 spells

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Recipe for level 70 Ice magic
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Shield, any vendor selling glowy yellows currently?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw on vendor someone selling Coated Glowing yellow crystal - can the coated ones be used to learn ice magic 65 and 70 spells or does it specifically have to be Glowing Yellow Crystal (Non coated)?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Coated Glowing yellow crystal are easily cleaned to become regular Glowing yellow crystal. One of the option for Coated Glowing yellow crystal is to clean them which turns them into the regular kind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that easy to do? Do I need any prerequisite- I could nit find anything on the wiki.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pretty sure it is as easy as drinking water.

Thread Footer