Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple accounts and Steam

Apologies if this query has already been posted. I currently have 2 alpha accounts for PG, and have purchased it on Steam for one of my accounts. Now, if I want to continue accessing the second account I understand I will have to make another purchase of the game on Steam. The question is, will the second account have to be tied to a second Steam account? I not sure, but I think only one alpha account can be tied to a particular Steam account? And how does launching multiple instances of the game work on Steam?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good question. Usually it's one account, one Steam. At least you can have multiple characters per account...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citan talked about this in the "Dev Blog: How Will the Upcoming Steam Integration Work?" post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Yes, each mule would need its own license of the game. And unfortunately it's a little bit slower to cross-account mule under Steam. You can't switch Steam accounts while the game is running, so you'd have to shut down the game, then switch accounts in Steam, then re-launch the game.

So personally I would hold off on buying extra copies of the game for mules. We're busy thinking about ways that the VIP package can make muling easier (for instance, by giving your account more character slots and a bigger shared-account-storage box). I think the VIP plan will be the easiest way to be a pack-rat in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While reading the OP's question I realize that the OP is in no way implying that he wants to use it for multiboxing (as in doing combat while operating 2+ accounts), or Botting (operating a toon automatic using special extra software),
    but somehow I feel the need to urge people not to assume those acitivies will be allowed.

The only exceptional Use (by the devs) for operating 2 accounts was for muling (easily transfer and store item on multiple accounts).

I believe in games like Asherons Call the practices of multiboxing an botting were more widespread. But please don't do it in PG :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackybah View Post
    While reading the OP's question I realize that the OP is in no way implying that he wants to use it for multiboxing (as in doing combat while operating 2+ accounts), or Botting (operating a toon automatic using special extra software),
    but somehow I feel the need to urge people not to assume those acitivies will be allowed.

The only exceptional Use (by the devs) for operating 2 accounts was for muling (easily transfer and store item on multiple accounts).

I believe in games like Asherons Call the practices of multiboxing an botting were more widespread. But please don't do it in PG :-)
    Yes, I currently run multiple accounts for muling purposes. I also happen to have a main character on two of these accounts. I think a workaround to have multiple accounts running is to install Steam and PG onto a second device i.e. laptop, create a second Steam account and purchase a second PG account. I can then have PG running on both desktop and laptop simultaneously. The thing is, with alpha I can launch my multiple PG accounts all at once on the desktop (I have multiple monitors) and easily move items between mains and mules. I'm guessing that trying to launch more than one Steam account and PG account on the desktop will be problematic in beta.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was possible to multibox some steam MMOs like https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=254442001

Cant check that for PG, cuz not having it on steam.

Or maybe installing steam on virtual machine would work as a last resort.
    Last edited by Atis; 03-22-2018 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are on Linux, you can also create a Linux user account for each Steam account, then su to the account in a terminal window, export your DISPLAY to your current desktop, and run steam from there. That allows you to run as many Steam instances simultaneously as you like (or your machine's memory can handle), each with their own saved username and password.

I don't know enough about Mac OS to know if the same trick would work there.

On Windows, a virtual machine is probably the best you can do...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    If you are on Linux, you can also create a Linux user account for each Steam account, then su to the account in a terminal window, export your DISPLAY to your current desktop, and run steam from there. That allows you to run as many Steam instances simultaneously as you like (or your machine's memory can handle), each with their own saved username and password.

I don't know enough about Mac OS to know if the same trick would work there.

On Windows, a virtual machine is probably the best you can do...
    I'm using vmware workstation when i use virtual machines, i think i've never been able play any demanding game in VM.
    How well does PG run in VM?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just for FYI as I just confirmed this with srand:

Having two characters logged in at the same time is acceptable only as long as neither character is benefiting. (So ... muling.) Otherwise it is indeed against the rules.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you can install different users on different user accounts on Mac OS. You can do that on windows, as well.

I just don't think you can fast-switch between them; you'd still have to exit the game as it wouldn't run in the background. Some times survive fast0switching users, but most things don't.

Thread Footer