Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all the dev warnings about expectations about posts here, players are still not getting the message!?

https://projectgorgon.com/terms.html
    https://projectgorgon.com/conduct.html

I'm not a moderator, but consider that one will likely have to act again. As a volunteer guide I can share that consequences are real; please read the expectations at the links above.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A few of the recent posts in this thread wandered off from its purpose, discussing this update. I've deleted the off-topic content here. I tried to leave anything vaguely related to the update. But let's keep the detailed discussions of combat mechanics between you folks to its own thread, and keep this one focused on giving us feedback about this update.
    Last edited by srand; 03-13-2020 at 06:08 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A few answers to questions/comments:

GK elites: Previously, GK bosses received cranked-up chances for Exceptional, Epic, and Legendary gear, above and beyond what bosses already were supposed to receive. They also got bonus health (between 9000 and 15,000 extra), and a bit more damage. In contrast, GK elites received a smallish health bonus and a damage bonus, but they weren't supposed to have extra chances for high-rarity loot. The elites in question (like the yellow Lieutenants) used one of the bonus-tables intended for bosses instead of elites. So they had +9000 max health instead of the intended +6000, they dealt something like 30 more damage per attack, and also had +20% chance for exceptional, +10% chance for epic, and +2% chance for legendary gear. They ALSO had their bonus chances from just being elites (which gave them e.g. +25% chance for exceptional already), so the stacking effect really made them a goldmine. I knew they gave out too much high-rarity loot, but I didn't put together why until just a bit before the update when I was cleaning up the entity files.

Thorns changes: I forget which thread it was in, but someone mentioned that thorns shouldn't do health-bypassing damage, and I realized that no, they weren't supposed to! Meaning that the damage-calculation spreadsheet assumes they deal regular damage. But then I implemented them as direct-health damage. So that was basically a bug fix, a no-brainer fix for me. That helped me understand where things were breaking down in my spreadsheet math. Even so, I still think thorns damage is overpowered when farming weaker monsters, and I'll have to address that at some point.

Fae newbie area: we'll make the trolls a fixed rate spawn so that they don't overwhelm the newbie area. Will also work on the newbie quests a bit more to try to make that intuitive. We'll do another client update with more bug fixes early next week!

Fae hives: these are definitely overtuned at the moment, meaning they are way too hard. They also have really cranked-up loot profiles, so it sort of works out, but not really. Will work on rebalancing those soon, but since these are large outdoor elite encounters, and I don't have a lot of experience making those, I expect it'll take some time to figure out how to make them flow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    GK elites:
    Thanks for taking the time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did the fae realm dailies with a group and I really like the elite changes. You could definitely notice both the armour changes and the rage bar changes and I think both are for the better, it's really nice to see armour removal skills actually get some utility now rather than being completely useless. We still cleared the content easily for the most part, but a couple of the bosses felt significantly harder, such as the fire elemental one, due to the new regen system. I think the difficulty is around right, if it was any harder, I think newer players would struggle with it too much, so really the only thing I would want to see now is extra difficult content designed around yellow geared players, but I don't think we'll be seeing that until the end game.

Just as a side note, is it intentional that all the fairy magic abilities can be used from the sidebar? If so, it makes fairy magic very powerful, although you would still be mod limited.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairy magic begining sidebar slot skills is not big deal because of mods
    3 active skills mean than u need item set that mod 3 skills and it very hard (if possible) to do items sets that will make this OP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading a note that new fae characters would likely need help from other characters on the account. Are there plans to add a transfer chest to the Fae Realm? Solo players have no safe way to transfer items to a new fairy character.

Feedback on Fae racial skill:

Why would I make any of the items there to use? A permanent autopsy kit/saw/etc lasts forever and does not need dust to summon.

How about instead of summoning 3 different shields we have 1 shield summon and then an ability that coats the shield in defensive properties? Or do you think that is too close to armor patching?

The food is a nice addition (more food yay). Everyone loves extra storage and the light is cute (will be extremely helpful in places like labs).... but it seems like everything else is just something you spam once.

I am hoping there will be an endurance quest added for fae? The nature appreciation was nice as was the fishing xp. It is slightly brutal however having zero endurance at level 30.

I think it might be helpful to have some quest dialogue to prompt the player to do the sunvale quests to remember some of their skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Fairy magic begining sidebar slot skills is not big deal because of mods
    Some skills in the game work incredibly well with no mods. This includes several staff abilities, elemental ward and the new fairy skill fae conduit.

I am not saying anything needs to be changed just yet but consider the following:

Pixie Flare 5 does 179 damage with no mods and can be on your sidebar.
    This breaks the rule of damage skills being within 25 levels (because it is on your sidebar).

You can have multiple damage skills on your sidebar and use them to eliminate monsters while having very low combat skills with no damage boosting mods on any of your gear.

That might be a bit of a problem. Then again this may be the design model since you are basically playing a fairy to be a 'second character'. Maybe this is a perk and is part of the intended design.
    Last edited by Glythe; 03-14-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing that bothers me about elite mobs or bosses is all they do is either AoE stun or AoE knockback. Is there not any other mechanic in the WORLD that these monsters could be given to make fights more diverse? Also shouldn't player stuns have diminishing returns on enemies? I.E. Why can you basically stun lock a group mob? Why not provide other gameplay mechanics players can rotate through and fix group combat so it doesn't come down to stunlock and burn? Its very one dimentional. I know combat pacing and combat in general is a work in progress in this game but I thought I would mention that too because I don't think its been brought up.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    - It's not intentional that fairy magic be usable from the sidebar, that will be fixed soon!

- Elites and bosses use all kinds of different rage attacks besides aoes, but the fact that you only remember the aoes probably indicates just how ineffective those other attacks are...

- Stunning IS supposed to have diminishing returns. But it diminishes slowly from a 4-sec down to a 1-sec stun, which takes a while. It was designed around a 15-second battle duration, which has never actually happened. Should be less of a problem when combat is longer, but yeah, maybe this is a system that I should crank up, at least temporarily, to move people away from stun-locking.
    Last edited by Citan; 03-14-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    - It's not intentional that fairy magic be usable from the sidebar, that will be fixed soon!
    With that in mind the penalties for fairy seem overly steep.

You trade flying (cannot use range attacks while flying) for 16 inventory slots and automatic return to fae realm on dying.

You get a 10 slot box which is kind of annoying to summon in a place where creatures use fire magic and a light - which is mostly cosmetic but might help in a few places.

I assumed the sidebar powers were balancing that out. Having the epic sidebar attack is definitely broken but I do not really see a problem with the others considering what you give up. As an example you can mod power wave to be free free, stack 3 times and give a ton of power immediately when used. Or you can have the new fairy ability. Is that the design then that fairy is so niche that you are expected to always play mentalism?

From all the mods I have seen for fairy magic I do not think any of them are worth giving up mentalism mod slots for (disclaimer- probably have not seem them all yet). This is partially why I assumed they were side bar enabled in that they were meant to be meh powers you can call on after you used every other power on your bar.

It seems wrong that a fairy not playing mentalism has nothing to show for it in a dungeon except negatives.
    Last edited by Glythe; 03-14-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Thread Footer