Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

March 4, 2017 Update - Discussion

Patch notes over here. Discussion below! We are especially interested in your feedback on Gazluk Keep.

(And remember, please report ALL bugs you see through the in-game report tool - under the big ! icon on the top of the right-hand sidebar. You can discuss them here, of course, but reporting them in-game makes it MUCH easier for us to track them and get them fixed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just logged in, but so far LOVE the larger bows. Also love the improved model / texturing, including the giant bat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice additions, I am looking forward to the graphics update. I am guessing this will be done to some of the other areas as well?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Due to laptop fan issues I can't manage to do much ingame right now. What I have tested, however, is creating new lvl 70 cow gear. Everything seems to be populating well on the craftables I've made (leatherworking). I do like the cow treasure effects in place right now, but they don't really sync well with the new combat system integrated in the Fall. I.e. boosting core/nice/epic attack dmg. I realize this just hasn't been done yet, and that's okay. It'll come.

I think something needs to be done about yellow glowy crystals though. While crafting today, if Awatu hadn't helped me for 20 minutes, my character would still be in a life-death loop. I have some in storage and I have to transfer them all to my inventory when I want to split them. It ends with me needing help from someone every time due to my lag. I can't drop the crystals before I die, and I can't store them in smaller stacks.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    -My loading time are now extremely long, when i launch the game my screen stays white for minutes.
    -I don't particularly like serbule's new look but since it's part of another update i'll wait for that one to comment.
    -The new dungeon is really nice, better designed than Lab i thought, really exciting (thought I haven't been there for more than 2 hours). There's a lot of new content via drops there. I noticed a lot of alchemy, cooking and sidebar abilities scrolls along with orcish language scrolls and books. Looking forward to become fluent in orcish.
    -Many of the drops are now single skill (I bugged it ingame but I thought I should mention here too).
    -What Hood said about yellow crystals, maybe make them stack in max 10 or something. It would be bad for our storage space but better for our sanity.

Although this update is more for the 70s players I think the new dungeon is really good.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like Gazluk Keep, and I think the balance is in the right ballpark. I little bit too easy perhaps.

We have been able to clear the two floors completely with a group of 10 (in less than 3h, I think), and we have been able to clear to one of the bosses (cannotrememberthename The Intransigent) but unable to kill it with a group of 4 (only one try, but I think doable with high-end gear).

The most dangerous trash mobs seem to be inflitrators, refraction spiders, and observers. The rest can be handled without much trouble.

I liked the wall traps and other little tricks. We need more of these. In fact, dungeons would probably be more interesting with pits, traps, secret passages elevators, etc.

From the hardcore player perspective, it is clear that in the current state of the game being hardcore only has downsides now. The best gear is no longer Great Winter Court, and the exit is not safe. As soon as I have a decent set of the trooper armor, I'm going to turn hardcore off.

I didn't see too many bugs, perhaps a few minor graphic glitches here and there. The FPS in general is pretty low and there seem to be a memory leak issue that makes you lag over time, but of course it's hard to provide evidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will, first, echo what Niph said. There's very little reason to be hardcore now unless you like to torture yourself (and everyone around you, too.) You can level past 50 and 60 fast enough for that level of HC gear to not matter. I know plenty of other people complain about HC gear even dropping in the first place if they are not, so maybe now would be a good time to consider alternative bonuses for HC not gear related? Though I really do like HC exclusive items, and those complaints are really laughable to me, but maybe an alternative would be okay.

As for the dungeon, I wish I could test it as you intended, but it's very difficult to get a group that small unless it's all there is online. The groups tend to naturally snowball into larger parties, and eventually multiple groups. Everything has been inclusive to this point, so it's difficult to become exclusive. I know it was mentioned that there are limitations in the works and I look forward to those so it's not so hard to start.

There is one thing that's apparent, and that has to do with how difficult it becomes, even for large groups, to recover from being spawned on top of. Things don't respawn in the order they were killed, but rather in waves. So there's no 'warning' of a place starting to respawn, it just happens and if you're in that immediate area ... well, you're now fighting 1 to 50+ things at once you weren't planning to. This is true even while solo. Plenty of circumstance where you can be mowing through enemies left and right at your intended level, and still be killed because of the respawn swarm.

Finally, something I've been noticing is the loot being generated has been greatly biased towards single skill items. Plenty of X-only items (so Battle Chemistry only, Staff only, Shield only - or worse, shield+crossbow or archery+crossbow, and so on) or X-only + Endurance items. I know some of those mods were put in as a fallback so we wouldn't get legacy items, but right now it's almost as if (at least in terms of legendary/yellow specifically) the fallback mode is getting a second skill on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    -My loading time are now extremely long, when i launch the game my screen stays white for minutes.
    -I don't particularly like serbule's new look but since it's part of another update i'll wait for that one to comment.
    -The new dungeon is really nice, better designed than Lab i thought, really exciting (thought I haven't been there for more than 2 hours). There's a lot of new content via drops there. I noticed a lot of alchemy, cooking and sidebar abilities scrolls along with orcish language scrolls and books. Looking forward to become fluent in orcish.
    -Many of the drops are now single skill (I bugged it ingame but I thought I should mention here too).
    -What Hood said about yellow crystals, maybe make them stack in max 10 or something. It would be bad for our storage space but better for our sanity.

Although this update is more for the 70s players I think the new dungeon is really good.
    I was curios what changed about Serbule. I have been in Sun Vale since the update hit. Is the only thing added new rooftops?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    I was curios what changed about Serbule. I have been in Sun Vale since the update hit. Is the only thing added new rooftops?
    It looks different and I experience minor graphic glitches. The lighting seems different, the colors more saturated...it's an atmosphere thing, it looks less shabby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ( off update topic - Please do not put a cap on yellow crystal stack size, keep it as it is thanks. Please instead make it possible to break and split stacks in the storage. )

Gazluk dungeon seems very nice. I like the design, and I never realised orcs were so.. clean! The recipes are a nice idea. Not too overpowered but enough that you would want to get them if you are a min/maxer. Language is a nice idea as well, although I was finding it quite hard to get to level 8 for the books. I like the fact there are plenty of language gated POI in the zone, and I like the fact that there are items to pick up like the staff in the weapon rack. You mentioned that there would be more corridors than normal in a building but they work fine, and do what they are intended to do, which is separate player groups, and add size. I like that the alchemy potions add to the hype for orc race, I know I'll be making plenty of those fot he exp bonus when the time comes! I like the water breath/speed potion, nice upgrade to the previous 2 water potions. I'm intrigued by the almonds, honeys and pears - where did those orcs get them? Is there going to be a hothouse area in the keep, or maybe there is and i just haven't seen it yet. It would figure, seeing as it is really cold out there.

Some massive, glaring issues though - they are exactly the same as the issues discussed elsewhere about group size, looting and risk vs reward. It's just another loot pinata. Facerolling in a giant gang through a well designed dungeon ignoring any sort of tactics or game play.

10 people in a group geared up well, 10 in the 2nd group, and a few stragglers in the 3rd, 1 elite mob giving loot to maybe 25 people. I really cannot fathom it, it's insane for item swamping, for inflation. It makes getting a piece of loot a real pain in the arse rather than something decent. Bags get filled so quickly for everyone that flow of dungeon gets slowed down as people have to stop to sort inventory so many times and phlog. It's fun for a bit, but really it is just massive rewards for zero risk. I'm sure I am not alone in preferring the chance of some really really nice loot over oodles of phlog-fodder.

Literally no risk. No item decay. No exp loss from dying. Only cost is a bit of food. People are wearing storage gear to fight in. I filled 150 slots maybe 5 times over in one short session. Came away with loads of prisms and phlog, books, learned all the meditation skills, all the flower arranging recipes, all the cooking recipes and a set of 2 great armour pieces, learned all the battle cries. Also got about 8 yellow pieces from rings to necks to armour. Made in the region of 60k in a couple of hours.

Just like Lab there is simply far too much loot and far too many people in a group - just because that's what people are like. Can't blame us - if an easy, fun way of doing a dungeon is offered, people will do it for the jollies, a couple of times but then they will do it cos there is nothing else to do, but they won't enjoy it because secretly they will know they didn't earn anything.

To make dungeons and group content more fun, more rewarding and have a longer shelf life I recommend the following:

Make Max group size 5 or 6 people. Any more than this and its just a mess of spell effects, people standing inside people, not being able to really enjoy tactical play, its a face roll.

Make encounters lock to group. This would in one step pretty much eliminate the dungeon-roll mega group thing. Also, there is no way to even prevent someone leeching currently if you are wanting to just play in a small group, and have some focused play. At least consider adding a command to allow people to lock a group.

Implement need/greed/pass roll in group. Make people think about what they are wanting to roll, make them feel happy when they get that piece drop!

Rein in the amount of loot dropped. Non named elite monsters should drop one piece of loot only. One piece!! Then the group of 5 or 6 should roll on who gets it. You have a smart-loot system that sets mods to the people who fight so hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to make it so. This would also help with mega groups. Why be part of a mega group if there is only one piece of loot dropping? Why not make your own group and go down a different area and get a better chance at a reward. This would however, give people the option to still make massive groups if they wanted for specific dungeon goals such as killing boss mobs for quest updates or so on.

Get rid of chests in dungeons. Why are they even there? The mobs drop plenty of loot already without another source of inflation. Only way to keep them in game really is if you add keys to bosses, and then have chests solely in boss rooms.

I know that P:G has been like this for a very long time, and I know it is what people are used to. It is Alpha though, and 'nothing is set in stone' is the watch phrase. I really think that if people are honest, the current elite looting system is adding too much equipment to the game and making gearing up too easy, and the current unlimited group size causes many issues.

I do like large group play - but please, save it for raid content. make it so that 5 is group/20 raid or 6/24. Design a zone that drops really superb loot in the same formats I've laid out above and make it for a large group. so it is tough to do, scaled up in difficulty to cater for 20 or 24 people.

Anyway, thank you for the dungeon, I hope it will keep people busy.

Thread Footer