Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Launcher says 25% discount in Steam Store but there isnt

Ok I have recovered my account and loaded the game for the first time in a while. The launcher says there is a 25% discount in the steam store but when I click on the link to take me there there is no discount. The game is showing at £30.99!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The discount expired on Steam yesterday...it was a one week special.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sorry, we forgot to update the blurb in there when the deal expired. (Incidentally we'd have run a longer launch discount, but Steam has a one-size-fits-all program for them and we could only get a week.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you run another discount? I feel £30.99 is a bit too much to pay sorry. However I was prepared to buy with the 25% discount. How much longer will my Alpha Launcher work?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbeous View Post
    Will you run another discount? I feel £30.99 is a bit too much to pay sorry. However I was prepared to buy with the 25% discount. How much longer will my Alpha Launcher work?
    The standalone launcher has about another week before it will be deactivated. As far as running another discount, it's a possibility in the future but there are no plans on when that will be. Steam also dictates our flexibility in that area, unfortunately. We would recommend keeping an eye on our social media pages for any future discount announcements (we post important information there, such as a 'heads up' that the discount was ending).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok will keep an eye on Facebook and have wishlisted the game on Steam also

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steam ad at login says the discount is good for 2 weeks, but Steam raised the price after just one week.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dibbuk https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ull=1#post9226
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Sorry, we forgot to update the blurb in there when the deal expired. (Incidentally we'd have run a longer launch discount, but Steam has a one-size-fits-all program for them and we could only get a week.)

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbuk View Post
    Steam ad at login says the discount is good for 2 weeks, but Steam raised the price after just one week.

The Steam 'Ad' in the standalone launcher says that the discount is good for the launch week. It doesn't say (2) weeks. That said, Steam dictates the length of the sale. There may be another sale in the future, but there's nothing currently planned.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ahha - I found a location that still mentioned the discount! During the transition period, we have different, sometimes overlapping, messages depending on how you log in to make sure we're getting information to the right people. This message was technically accurate (the best kind!), but the wording was pretty confusing - so I've changed it.

As an aside: I was really surprised by how restrictive Steam is about sales or discounts.

Thread Footer