Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    Read the last few rules in here you will get the idea http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Code_of_Conduct
    What is that supposed to mean? Were folks being a jerk to you, or are you suggesting you got in trouble for being a jerk to others?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't know who you are talking to do you?

He means well at least on one level but runs his mouth often and gets in trouble for it. In the past I think he has gotten in trouble for discussing a ban and knowing how he behaves it likely happened again.

It does seem slightly ridiculous to me not be able to talk about why you got banned. By that I don't mean talking about details but more of an incredibly simple one sentence answer.

Why did you get banned?

I said the wrong thing.
    I did an exploit thing.
    I was making money by using PG ideas/logos.
    I did something in the game that was illegal.

Not being able to say why you got banned just makes it sound like persecution. Imagine for example if you went to jail and were not allowed to discuss why you were in jail or were going to face more jail time.

I am not saying the user in question is innocent. I know he misbehaves from time to time - but keeping it a secret seems like a bad idea.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is months old and probably worthy of a lock by it going off the rails.

I do want to add that I think its naive to think the type of player who was banned for behavior would have the self-control to give a ~5 word short sentence to explain what happened. I think its more likely that they would rant on an off-topic thread, and on reddit, and on a description of a youtube video. These examples I gave actually all happened with one person.

The rule they have is strict, but I believe its enforcement -- so far -- has not been. It should be a fairly private matter, and bringing it up publically to an audience IMO is generally a method to create sympathy, or get a mob to change the devs opinions. Games have been sunk by exploits and games have been sunk by the appearance of exploits, even when the effect was minimal. I think the devs are aware of this and they dont want to give an inch.

Thread Footer