Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhawkas View Post
    It looks to me (based on what Azarik has said in this thread and the one about nerfing archery) that Project: Gorgon simply isn't the game he's looking for, so he wants the developers to change it to be that game. The "economy problem" just comes off sounding like an excuse because he keeps coming back to PvP.
    I just expect upfront advertising. Because as it stands PG is no more an MMORPG than Monster Hunter.

PVP or not the economy is lacking, that is a fact. When the entire market is just selling base materials that is a failure. A real economy would revolve around selling the items you actually make from the materials. As I have said before you aren't going to sell swords to a town full of blacksmiths, or arrows to a bunch of fletchers. The game being mostly PVE means it is half killing mobs half crafting. Unless you some how get off on doing nothing but killing mobs all day long you'll end up crafting at some point. And if you're an archer would you spend time crafting swords you don't need or arrows that you do?

As it stands I kill all my own mobs, I craft my own gear, I do everything myself. I could play offline, hypothetically, and my experience wouldn't change overall. Maybe get a little better being less crowded but that is of no consequence. That makes the game an RPG, not really an MMORPG.

Having given it more thought I have a PVE solution that would achieve the same goal. SWTOR has a crafting system where you can't be everything. I honestly forgot about it because I really only played it for the story. But this is an overall problem for PG. You can train every single skill no problem. It might take awhile to max them all but you can. If you were limited to a certain number of skills you wouldn't be able to do everything and then you would have to rely on others even in PVE, especially if crafting is done properly where the top tier items are player crafted.

For example if you could only have 3 trade skills you could craft your own arrows, potions, and food. Meaning you would have to trade with other people for your armor and such. If you got friends one could do potions another food and trade each other like that. This solves the core of my problem without PVP. Because I just want to sell actual items, not materials.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarik View Post
    You can train every single skill no problem. It might take awhile to max them all but you can
    If the price of training skills to higher levels continues, it will cost what? just a measly 100 million councils to get levels 91-100 unlocked. Yeah shouldn't be hard to max everything...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    noun: MMORPG; plural noun: MMORPGs

an online role-playing video game in which a very large number of people participate simultaneously.

I must have missed the part about pvp in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oqua View Post
    noun: MMORPG; plural noun: MMORPGs

an online role-playing video game in which a very large number of people participate simultaneously.

I must have missed the part about pvp in there.
    That's okay, Azarik missed the part about... well, all of it.

I will agree that the economy is... difficult? For me at least, loot drops are generally one of three things: a replacement for something I have (which is rare), favor fodder, or vendor trash. Selling it to other players isn't even really all that realistic, since what are the odds that I'll find someone who has the same skill combo as me (required to even use the item), doesn't already have something better, and actually wants the modifiers on the item I found? Low enough that it's not really worth it for me to even bother. The same thing happens when buying items. I just browse the "Buy Used" tab at merchants and hope there's something there that's worthwhile. Otherwise I just go hunting and hope for tailored drops with useful mods.

As far as I can tell, the market for finished goods seems to be too low, since people are doing everything (or at least the crafting part) themselves. Since there's no limits on how many skills I can learn (and raising those skills gives me other benefits in the form of stats or the ability to do a greater variety of work orders), then why should I pay for finished products if I have the time to raise the skills and get the recipes myself? There's the cost of materials to consider, though depending on where you're going (or have been in the past) may play a part since you may have already collected all the materials you need to last you a long time.

I don't know what the dev's thoughts are on limiting the number of tradeskills you can learn are, but it would definitely have an impact (whether it's a desirable one or not).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, it's just silly. Azarik ignores anything anyone says. Has proved none of his points. He just wants a couple of things 1) PVP 2) everyone to admit he is right.

Did you every stop to think that maybe, just maybe, if you are screaming about a problem, and everyone else disagrees with you, that maybe the problem is you?

There is a great economy in the game, you just don't see it. There is a great game, except you don't see it. You want changes in the game, but have hardly played. And you don't get the basic idea that the developers are the ones creating the game, and not you. It's their vision of what to create. Citan has been pretty open about what he wants and doesn't want. It's there to read. He even came into the thread and told you directly. And still it goes over your head. Sorry mate, your the problem, not the game.

Thread Footer