Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Spells and abilities underwater.

I am very new to the game and if this has been discussed before please accept my apologies. I have very few skills that I have been using my main ones so far have been Animal Handling, Bard, & Fire. I would like to know why I am able to use my Bard abilities submerged under water but if my feet are even touching water my Fire spells are disabled, is this a bug, feature, or by design.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fire, Electrical and Some Battle Chemistry are not suppose to work underwater, in some cases even when touching water.

Bard being usable underwater. Well my research found you can play guitar underwater and it is feasible to blow a whistle underwater. As I understand it, it wouldn't be audible in the air outside the water. But we don't need perfect realism. There are points for it either being more effective in water and there are also points that it might be less effective.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    Well my research found you can play guitar underwater and it is feasible to blow a whistle underwater.
    I would just like to say that I had a great time imagining you doing that research. Then it occurred to me that you'd probably just googled it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    googling counts as research

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    googling counts as research
    Compared to jumping into a pool yourself while playing your trusty guitar? No way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking a bit more about this and your comments about lutes and drums working underwater at a diminished capacity. You can weld underwater and flares work underwater. Have you ever considered letting a few select skills in those trees work under water so you don't leave the caster defenseless?

On a completely different line of thought have you ever considered about implementing a whole different skill tree just for underwater that you could work on? Switch your primary Fire skills out for the Deep-sea skill set and expand on that tree to allow for longer periods underwater and attack skills?
    Last edited by WokUrKatt; 05-02-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't know what Citan has considered or not unless he writes it out someplace. I'm just a player.

But your ideas sound interesting, you could also submit them in-game with the in-game suggestion form under the ! icon on the right hand menu. So that they get automatically added to the feedback system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WokUrKatt View Post
    I was thinking a bit more about this and your comments about lutes and drums working underwater at a diminished capacity. You can weld underwater and flares work underwater. Have you ever considered letting a few select skills in those trees work under water so you don't leave the caster defenseless?

On a completely different line of thought have you ever considered about implementing a whole different skill tree just for underwater that you could work on? Switch your primary Fire skills out for the Deep-sea skill set and expand on that tree to allow for longer periods underwater and attack skills?
    I think if we had any real shot at a substantial underwater...well anything we would have seen it take form in the ranlon den dungeon. Given the lack of a real local to use these skills its likely that underwater combat and dungeons is likely not on the to do list or so far down it wont ever see the light of day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WokUrKatt View Post

If ever the day comes!!!

This would be a great addition to the diversity of this game.
    Attempting to make guides and streams for the game via YouTube.
    Feel Free to stop by!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR..._as=subscriber

Live Stream link
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR...WlAwq-evw/live

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought of this thread when I saw this posted somewhere.

Thread Footer