Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Kickstarter

With more publicity than ever before , an upcoming redit session that will certainly peak more interest in the game, twitch streamers, why not run another kickstarter to increase support/funding for the continued development/growth of the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    With more publicity than ever before , an upcoming redit session that will certainly peak more interest in the game, twitch streamers, why not run another kickstarter to increase support/funding for the continued development/growth of the game?
    Sounds like a good idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would support that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what? Kickstarter is for kick starting projects not getting more money when you're running low. The project is funded and can be purchased on Steam. They could add the subscription or offer DLC packs for sure, but crowd funding - no.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So 3 in favor and 1 opposed. Cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkadyRandom View Post
    For what? Kickstarter is for kick starting projects not getting more money when you're running low. The project is funded and can be purchased on Steam. They could add the subscription or offer DLC packs for sure, but crowd funding - no.

Well you probably have a good point.

I believe they did have a "kickstarter" fund already. Not familiar with how those actually operate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what is the right response. The steam launch being successful is the "kickstarter". The successful Kickstarter years ago happened after a failure of one. The makers really can't over due it and come across as kickstarter hungry. They probably made 20,000 from the launch which I don't think is enough but I'm sure they'll make it work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm well aware of the original kickstarter. I donated to that one and payed more than the current asking price. They also did and Indigo campaign. Both were successful in terms of the goals they set. It never hurts to have more funding though!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    Both were successful in terms of the goals they set.!
    Really? I thought the first one was a bust, which was why they did a second one. Could be wrong, before my time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the first one was not a bust. They reached their stretch goals if I recall correctly which is where things like Vampirsm and Mounting came from. They were stretch goals of the kickstarter.

Thread Footer