Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lightbulb The Way of the Staff

The Way of the Staff

"Those who spare the rod hate their children,
    but those who love them are diligent to discipline them."
    - Proverbs 13:24
    (Don't hit your children, hit mobs in an online game instead.)

Introduction
    In the time I've played Project: Gorgon, I've heard many differing opinions regarding my ultimate all-time favorite combat skill in the game: Staff skill. This guide will serve to describe the versatility, playstyles, abilities, and *some* of the combat skill combinations which can create powerful builds in the game (as of Update 273). You might hear people say Staff is a weak or underwelming combat skill. You might also hear them say it just doesn't seem very cool or it wasn't what they expected. Don't listen to them. Always try it for yourself and form your own opinion. That said, I played Gorgon using this skill for the past 9 months and it was...addictive.

Note: @BetaNotus, if you are looking for content like this for the wiki, please feel free to repost it there and edit it as you see fit.

Abilities
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Playstyles
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Staff's helping skill "Hoplology"
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Which skills can I pair with Staff?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Conclusion
    I hope this guide has been informative to you! If you have any questions or further suggestions to add to the guide, please post them below or message me ingame. -Hood
    Last edited by Hood; 02-02-2017 at 03:21 AM.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for this guide! I always appreciate the time/effort it takes players to go this extra mile.

I would think Battle Chemistry as an offhand would make a fantastic pairing. Mind you.. I think BC pairs with pretty much anything. Mentalism could also be a strong contender for survivability.

EDIT: one of my fave movies too!
    That's MrWhiskers to you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kell.shepherd View Post
    Many thanks for this guide! I always appreciate the time/effort it takes players to go this extra mile.

I would think Battle Chemistry as an offhand would make a fantastic pairing. Mind you.. I think BC pairs with pretty much anything. Mentalism could also be a strong contender for survivability.

EDIT: one of my fave movies too!
    Yes Staff/BC works very well! My personal favorite though is Staff/Psych. "The Philosopher Build"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one point in the past I ran a Staff/Mentalism pairing, that had decent survivability capability. Although due to my sub-par equipment I tended to be more support than anything. Suppress was always one of my favorite moves due to the mods available for it at the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone play Staff and Hammer before? What are strengths and weaknesses of both in your opinion? I'm starting to see a lot of staff users now. Just curious as to why.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritfingers View Post
    Anyone play Staff and Hammer before? What are strengths and weaknesses of both in your opinion? I'm starting to see a lot of staff users now. Just curious as to why.
    Hammer is for killign stuff. It has damge, more damage, and even more damge. Then some more damage on top of it. It also ahve soem decnt cc - including unique knocdown mechanic, that works liek stun but also boost damge done to target by 25%.

Staff has good mix of surival and utility. And a bit of trivia fact - there are only 3 skills that cant be used with equiped satff - Hammer, Sword, and Knife. This make staff most universal weapon in game.
    @Hood: From what i noticed, studign any item gives you 20 exp in Hopology - and it cnat be boosted in any way. Since every level needs 50 exp - you need 3 items for 1st lv up and then 2 for next.

Also a bit of my personal experience with satff - well i did started it in wrong time and in wrong set. i stillc na figure out what mad me think that makign staff/ice magic build for Gazluk would be good idea. With ice magic as main dmg source...

Well so far its not too bad (only thign i regret is not having stun), surivability is good(as long as i remebr to use defensive and deflective stance) and dmg is not bad either
    Last edited by cr00cy; 01-25-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm, then Hoplo seems to be different than it used to be. Still an easy skill to level, even if it does take a little time. Edited the post.

Ice/Staff is a very cool build. Both myself and Lyra used to play it. It makes AOE grinding very easy, but also does good single target damage. I like the fact that Ice skills give you so much utility as well. Armor, Slow, Stun (if you mod it), and Freeze. Staff is a great skill to pair it with bc of all the power regen. Definitely keep spin and stance up as much as you can

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammer may do more damage but it has a heavy power usage. Hammer isn't a spammable weapon. Lots of sitting around using basic attack or other combat skill. I can see why more people are using Staff now. It synergizes with other combat skills better than hammer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Hmm, then Hoplo seems to be different than it used to be. Still an easy skill to level, even if it does take a little time. Edited the post.

Ice/Staff is a very cool build. Both myself and Lyra used to play it. It makes AOE grinding very easy, but also does good single target damage. I like the fact that Ice skills give you so much utility as well. Armor, Slow, Stun (if you mod it), and Freeze. Staff is a great skill to pair it with bc of all the power regen. Definitely keep spin and stance up as much as you can
    Heh at first i was plannign on picking up all AoE's from ice magic, but decided it would hurt my ST too much. Right now im using shardblast(more for rest on Ice armor than actual damage) and ice nova. Well, build is not completed, i made it in a hurry just to have something to level in gazluk (since i have to wait for full moon to progress my werewolf). So not all mods are the ones i wanted - basily if it was for skill i used i kept it. So even with this half-assed build, im having fun.
    Last edited by cr00cy; 01-26-2017 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting read.

Thread Footer