Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of "little" bonuses you can get in game from leveling different skills.

Alchemy gives a small boost to Power every few levels. Psychology gives extra bonus levels of Mentalism. There are a lot of skills it's good to get 20-30 levels in just for the passive bonuses and unlocks.

Make sure you always have food buffs, and a snack buff if you can. Buy and use consumables like armor kits and first aid kits. "Good" kits that you buy from Marna are perfectly fine at higher levels, as long as you play conservatively. This will help you keep costs down.

Someone else mentioned it too but use your Basic Attacks. Combat refreshes are really important now. The basic attacks have a blue outline when they give a refresh. I make sure to click one whenever it's blue. It gives back health/armor/power.

Have you found and befriended your special skill trainers? Archery has at least 3 in Serbule and there's others in later zones. I know Mentalism has at least one in Serbule that has the good damage-dealing attacks for Mentalism (electricity-based attacks as a hint).

Quote Originally Posted by gillzj00 View Post
    My armor looks like I just got off newb island but I never loot anything better than what I have. I am constantly depleting my power when fighting. I also seem to run slow.
    Pick up armor crafting. That will make a *huge* difference. Cloth armor takes a lot longer to level than leather armor so if you're in hurry (as in wanting to catch up) learn to make leather armor.

Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but the cold weather leather armor recipes are "easier" to get (you need less money up front) and you can wear the armor anywhere (even the desert). So it's perfectly reasonable to learn to leatherwork and then head to Kur and buy the cold weather recipes there.

As you're leveling you can skip the various "max enchanted" recipes to save money.

+1 speed bonuses are good. I didn't realize that when I started. Two items with a +1 bonus let you run visibily faster. Also Battle Chemistry. It's great.

I feel very vulnerable in Kur in general and if I go into the Kur Tower area I can kill 1 or 2 mobs at a time but generally draw 6 of them and get murdered. Is my thinking wrong? Do I feel weak because I am not hunting in groups? I just feel like for lvl 51 I haven't seen much of the map and in general haven't done anything that exciting.
    Groups help but I solo a lot because it's hard for me to find people and I can get through a lot of content by being patient and picking mobs off one at a time.

Instead of attacking mobs while they're near their buddies at range, walk forward slowly until *one* mob spots you and starts running toward you. Then back up to a safe area and kill that mob. Learn to the judge the distance where mobs shout for help (and pull other mobs) and pull them further than that. The shout shows as a bang (!) above their head.

Also, consider picking up a skill with a pet (necromancy, animal handling, or battle chemistry). Pets help a bit. Animal Handling and Battle Chem are both cash sinks. Necromancy is pretty cheap until you hit 50.

As a note I have focused on my fletching too and I can make Expert level arrows. I am currently using Amazing level arrows I bought from a player vendor.
    Do you also have good mentalism gear with bonuses for your attacks? For random generated gear, make sure at least half your mods apply to the skills you're using. If not, switch some of your skills around until you get better gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I slowly start to dislike more and more how everything depends on gear.
    I really like the game but after more then a year into it with the only real motivator being gear and only gear and then some more gear the game start to feel kinda boring to me.
    So i leveled up and I'm now 55 instead of 45 and unlocked new skills... absolutely useless and meaningless if you don't have the appropriate level 55 gear. There's no sense of in accomplishment in leveling.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marique View Post
    So i leveled up and I'm now 55 instead of 45 and unlocked new skills... absolutely useless and meaningless if you don't have the appropriate level 55 gear. There's no sense of in accomplishment in leveling.
    These new abilities make you more powerful... Maybe there is no sense of accomplishment for you (and perhaps having all abilities learnt automatically as you hit a new level, instead of a few ones, would help with that), but it has an effect similar to looting new gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    These new abilities make you more powerful... Maybe there is no sense of accomplishment for you (and perhaps having all abilities learnt automatically as you hit a new level, instead of a few ones, would help with that), but it has an effect similar to looting new gear.
    I can get a couple more points of damage when i buy the new ability when i level... Or I can totally ignore that new ability and focus all my time and resources on updated gear and get a quadruple amount of damage points.

I get that new and better gear improves your character, it pretty much works for every (MMO)RPG in that way. Personally I feel that the balance between gear and level is way too much in favor of gear in Gorgon. Gear is everything and the rest comes as an afterthought.
    Then I have not even started about player skill yet...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I have not even started about player skill yet...
    Is there much or anything PG has to do with Player Skill? Player Knowledge can be important, but I'm not so sure I would say a significant amount of Skill is very important from what I've seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yertle View Post
    Is there much or anything PG has to do with Player Skill? Player Knowledge can be important, but I'm not so sure I would say a significant amount of Skill is very important from what I've seen.
    No there is none at all, that's my "issue".
    A player with full understanding of the game mechanics, abilities and made well thought out action bars with abilities that accomplish each other but fell behind in gear will not even be remotely effective as a player with the highest possible gear who is just completely randomly mashing buttons with absolutely no idea what he/she is doing.

As i said earlier I understand very well that gear plays a part but the balance seems to be off in Gorgon. Player skill/knowledge/level should at least make something up for the lack of the best/highest gear. Right now it does not, gear is absolutely EVERYTHING and the only "true measurement" of what content you can do in game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I realize we're talking about opinions here, and I can only totally disagree with you, not bring hard facts with that (or I would).

But seriously, "will not even be remotely effective as a player with the highest possible gear who is just completely randomly mashing buttons" ??

I'll just mention Borghild. Anyone that has explored the place fully certainly realize it's a lot easier once you know the pathing, position, and powers of the various monster there. I challenge anyone with max level and full legendary gear, pick the skills you want, to win against the Forgotten Loading Golem, *just* randomly mashing buttons. Yet a friend and I won it in a duo at level 40, and of course we didn't have the top gear for that level (who would?)

I don't know your character, and what you have experienced of the game, but haven't you at least met Lamias?

P:G has a lot of content where good skills at playing the game is a huge advantage. A lot of content you can currently see *only* if you have these skills, you or someone in your party.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I slowly start to dislike more and more how everything depends on gear.
    I really like the game but after more then a year into it with the only real motivator being gear and only gear and then some more gear the game start to feel kinda boring to me.
    I personally don't think gear so much a game changer, hating the inventory limit as soon as I had enough money I bought shirt and leggings with +20 inventory slots, still managed fine from lv 50ish to 70, could I be more powerful with attributes boosts on shirt and pants? for sure but not so necessary. Lv 45 vs 55 attributes you should see an improvement I sure saw it!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No there is none at all, that's my "issue".
    A player with full understanding of the game mechanics, abilities and made well thought out action bars with abilities that accomplish each other but fell behind in gear will not even be remotely effective as a player with the highest possible gear who is just completely randomly mashing buttons with absolutely no idea what he/she is doing.
    I completely disagree with you, speaking from experience only. Niph's example is relevant, if you have no clue about what skills to use etc you can have the highest gear possible and still get nowhere. I call that a "high level noob", great gear, maxed skills but completely clueless.

I also disagree that the gear makes it impossible to be any good unless you have the level appropriate gear. As a fire mage I leveled to 50 on my first character in goblin dungeon gear (level 30), I ran wolf cave and Dark Chapel w/o any issues in my lvl 30 gear. For years the cap level was 50 and the gear we had available was level 40-43. It's not only about the level, you can be decked in level 70 gold gear if you don't know how to make a build and strike the balance between damage and defense/heal AND also adapt their build to a specific dungeon or group of mobs.

I will give 2 examples that I encountered very often
    -one is necromancers who start raging about "necro is shit" because they can't deal in crypt or Kur tower and not bothering to read that undead mobs resist darkness damage (most necro skills are that damage type)
    -the other is fire effect-rage inducing, many archers or even fire mages who reach max level and decide those skills are shit cause they die too often. Why they die? Cause any creature you burn will have their rage meter filled faster and that triggers their rage attacks more often ecco you die more often... What a knowledgeable player would do is offset the rage inducing fire with rage reducing abilities. But many don't bother to read the skill description, treat PG like a hack and slash w/o bothering to read about their skills a bit.

Gear is important ofc but more important than level is choosing the right mods not just stacking dps abilities and mods and having no sustain.
    Knowledge equals skill in this game and it takes a bit of reading, asking around and testing to find the right build for you. A nice build does not have to involve max tier gear that you have no clue how to use. I'm fine with level 55-60 gear in GK which is level 70+.

PS Just as another fact anyone can level leatherworking and craft a level 60 or 70 gear, it just takes a bit of effort put into leveling the skill.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-04-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    I will give 2 examples that I encountered very often
    -one is necromancers...
    -the other is fire effect-rage inducing...
    Both of those examples are showing that Knowledge is the requirement, not Skill. Without much of a physics based game and a seemingly relatively low amount options for truly pulling and fighting, then I'm not sure how much Player Skill will grow. Gaining Knowledge is work and a type of skill, but it would be cool to see general Skill grow.

Thread Footer