Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't help but wonder how much of this is a capitalist vs communist thing, with communists thinking that new players would want to see an equal start and capitalists thinking new players want to see elite players to give them hope of upward social mobility. Just a passing thought...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking forward to subscribing monthly to pay for more content. It has nothing to do with using current character slots. I can appreciate the inexplicable need to change one's mind about this kind of project.
    Last edited by pilotfisherman; 04-07-2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Inexplicable Need sounds like the name of a boss curse.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delceri View Post
    However I still find this unfair to even newer players, and I also like the idea of competing/building with others from a blank slate with the game fully completed(ish, no launch is perfect).

A lot of games don't wipe their *final wave* of *beta testing*, but alpha? Isn't there a better alternative here? One of the benefits of being a tester is having vast amounts of knowledge over other players for a solid edge anyways.

TLDR; Full Character Wipe should happen at launch or near to launch.
    I feel like the no-wipe thing is a bribe, plain and simple.

The dev team is tiny. It's 2 people (or 3 people if you count the forum/web person). They contract out for some stuff. But the core team is tiny and there are human limits to how quickly the game will be built.

Players have already had to stick around for years and there will be more years in the future.

By not wiping at launch they attracted the sort of people who would be okay with being involved in a game that would take a long time to build. *IF* you keep your character skills on launch then the time it takes to get to launch isn't as important as if there's going to be a final wipe.

With a final wipe people want to get to the wipe ASAP so they can get to the point where they get to start keeping everything.

Is it "fair" to new people or highly competitive people? No.

Does it make sense given how long the game will take to build? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by tangar View Post
    There are also another two aspects:

1) Bugs. Due alpha/beta there are loads of bugs which some players used to advance their chars. In release version this bugs would be fixed and people who used it in the past got certain advantages in compare to new, 'legit' players.
    It's not just bugs. This is just part of testing.

Before I started playing, players did "stuff" a certain way. Gear mods worked differently. Then there was a big mod change (which was a mini-wipe of sort as it broke all the gear), right when I started playing. I started a little while before the 2016 Halloween event and I ended up with a lot more cash and loot than I "should" have had. I unlocked a bunch of favor and bank slots with it.

People came after me. They didn't have that advantage, but they were still able to get Battle Chemistry easily.

As of a few updates ago, Battle Chemistry is gated by skill and location. But the players who can't get Battle Chemistry easily can still unlock something else easily now that will be gated later on.

There will be *something* that "all" the alpha players got easily that will be made hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Celler View Post
    Make no mistake I do not want to keep my character for the sake of greed or power it is all down to the fact I'm far too lazy to do half the boring crap again.
    I agree. I worry a little that we're going to have to re-do some things that haven't been clearly defined one way or another like re-buying favor or recipes. I'd really hate having to unlock all that stuff again.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There will be *something* that "all" the alpha players got easily that will be made hard.

Most things actually got easier as the development progressed I find. We get a lot more materials in general these days, more mobs implemented that drop materials, more stuff to gather and the WO really help with buying skills. More zones, larger dungeons, way more gear drops. We have never had dungeons that had so much in the way of drops as Lab and GK (which are relatively newly added). Cotton yields extra harvest, stomachs are really not that rare anymore, we got music buffs and dancing buffs now, fire mats drop a lot better etc. (that's why I'm baffled when people say "stomachs are stupid rare, that's broken" because they drop so much better than before).
    Overall I find it's way easier to progress now than a year ago for sure,I started a new character with completely new skillsets and even with the reduced exp rate she had a less harsh upbringing. It's easy to imagine older players had some sort of advantage in the past (because newer players don't have anything to compare with) but judging by the majority of my game friends the only advantage is understanding how the game works better than new players.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #65
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This thread has been mostly civil, but I want to step in to remind everyone that we encourage the free exchange of ideas, suggestions, etc. If you disagree with someone, feel free to share your thoughts in a constructive manner. Personally attacking or harping on someone for their views is not needed and stiffles a free and open discussion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there a need to continue this though? Citan repeatedly posted where he stands and the whole "wipe" thing is based on assumptions anyway. We have no clue what or how much he intends to keep and, with that in mind, starting this conversation over and over is kinda pointless. Imho we should just wait and see, I wouldn't be surprised if at Steam launch we'd be all naked level 1 cows with no other skills teleported on Anagoge. He never clearly said what skills he intends to keep, wipe or change.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    I have been playing without many breaks since 2014 and I can tell you that the devs don't listen to older players in particular. If anything, Citan actually told me that I dislike parts of the game cause I'm bored. Side note-no, I'm defs not bored, you made an awesome game...but after 3 years I have the same beef with inventory and storage I had 3 years ago and he still doesn't believe I hate it cause I hate it not cause I'm bored xD
    Really? Did Citan say you're just bored about storage? Or was it just in general? Was this a post? If it was, do you know where it is? I'd love to read it if it's public.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep it's somewhere on the old forum but I understand the reaction lmao (I kinda think it's funny). He thought I was bored because at the time there wasn't much new content so I was annoying him with my storage issues=)) I do tend to go in pitbull mode when I want something and I can be very very nagging till I get what I want so...yeah lol. I think I must've started a storage thread per month just to stay in shape.
    He's very helpful when we have game problems but with storage my guess will be that he has some master plan so we'll have to put up with it for a bit longer. He definitely knows we hate storage:P

edit-sorry for off topic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Trolls, the least you can do is search the forums for similar posts *before* starting another terrible thread regarding the same tired thing that's brought up each month.

I suppose if they wanted to do that they would have. You might try not telling them how to post.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #70
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Is there a need to continue this though? Citan repeatedly posted where he stands and the whole "wipe" thing is based on assumptions anyway. We have no clue what or how much he intends to keep and, with that in mind, starting this conversation over and over is kinda pointless. Imho we should just wait and see, I wouldn't be surprised if at Steam launch we'd be all naked level 1 cows with no other skills teleported on Anagoge. He never clearly said what skills he intends to keep, wipe or change.
    We allow open discussion, even after we have made an announcement. Since you've brought up storage in this thread, I will use that as an example. You’ve made your opinion known on storage, but you’ve continued to let us know your opinion even after Citan responded to you. We know that you have a strong opinion on this and other topics, but please allow others the freedom to express their opinion without the need for suggesting they shouldn’t.

As for the official stance on character wipes, this is it: "Characters will not be completely wiped at launch. We will be wiping some aspects of your characters, but not everything. In particular, we will be wiping items and money, but we won't be wiping most skill levels. Please note, this is subject to change as we progress through development."

Thread Footer