Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please fix this affix

I enjoy playing support class. I think some of the nonspecific class support affixes are great, i.e. your minor heals restore some armor, etc... those are wonderful.

However, one particular affix that appears in the loot pool for various support class is in need of a serious rework.

This affix causes the target of your heal to heal an additional amount after 25 seconds delay.

This affix is impossible to play around, gear for, or predict. None of us can know what exactly we are doing in 25 seconds from that time the heal is applied. Given the fast paced nature of combat in project gorgon , that is monsters tend to die rather rapidly or your group is dead, this affix tends to go off when combat has ended either due to the monster being dead or your own team being dead.

Furthermore, even if you for some reason do find yourself still in combat, with how players tend to bounce between either full HP or dead (as damage is so erratic), this heal effect does nothing but either result in overhealing (player is at full hp when it goes off) or no healing (player has died).

SO my recommendation is to exchange this affect across the various classes with an affect that is more sensible and immediately useful and one which players can work around and build upon. There are an infinite number of affixes one can replace this with that would make healing more interesting and offer support classes a more useful option in building their spec up.

Thanks..

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Play style matters, and I actually value this 'mod' (that's how I call them) a lot. Yes, most fights don't last very long, and indeed you can't predict what will happen 25s from now. However, sometimes shit happen, and you wish that 25s before you knew you were going to need a heal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Play style matters, and I actually value this 'mod' (that's how I call them) a lot. Yes, most fights don't last very long, and indeed you can't predict what will happen 25s from now. However, sometimes shit happen, and you wish that 25s before you knew you were going to need a heal.
    Can we brainstorm about possible alternatives to this one if you agree that it is often times useless and difficult to gear around and predict?

How about a heal affect that reduces x% of all incoming damage
    How about a heal affect that increases targets overall damage by x%
    how about a heal affect that places an absorptive bubble on the target absorbing 'x' damage
    How about a heal affect that reduces elemental damage or increases elemental resistance (i.e fire/electrical/poisin/psychic etc..)
    How about a heal affect that increases targets evasion chance by x%
    How about a heal affect that reflects damage a target recieves by x% for x seconds
    How about a heal affect that consecrates the ground around the target inflicting x% damage to nearby targets
    How about a heal affect that applies an "Avoid death" buff on the target so the next fatal shot instead reduces the targets health 1 HP
    How about a heal affect that temporarily increases the targets total HP for x seconds
    How about a heal affect that temporarily increases the targets max armor for x seconds
    How about a heal affect that increases the healing recieved temporarily by the target

The list can go on. This is just purely healing values. We could get really creative with different kinds of supportive buffs and effects that could replace this poorly made affix too and you can get super creative with class effects too i.e. playing off psi waves.

I would love to see some effects that reduce targets defensive capabilities , enemy monster attack speeds (there are several ways to reduce their attack damage such as druid or psycology debuffs), increasing a party's damage output , just so many different things that can be done.

Thread Footer