Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reath View Post
    Gamebreaking: The game gets stuck in the loading screen after choosing a character. My character was in Serbule, if I remember correctly.

The loading screen turned black after a while, then my computer became unresponsive. I waited about 20 minutes, then the Firefox, Steam and Discord I was running in the background crashed. I opened Task Manager and 99% of my ram was being used. I ended Gorgon's process and the memory usage went down to 9%.

System specs:
    CPU: Intel i7-3770
    GPU: Nvidia 560ti
    Ram: 8GB
    This is not necessarily a Game Breaking Bug for the NEW UI as a whole, but rather something specific to your machine. We will keep an eye open for similar reports, but so far it's the only report with that issue. As for general troubleshooting, make sure you've checked out the sticky thread in the support section. As a way to try and quickly resolve the issue you can open the launcher and then click 'options' then 'Validate Installation'. If that still does not work, you can uninstall the game and then reinstall using the directions in the first post. If you do reinstall, make sure you open the launcher as administrator and try disabling your antivirus during the download and installation process.

If that fails, you can revert to the old UI to get back playing immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might not be related to the UI specifically, but I assumed I should post it here since it's specific to this version of the game.

I started the game a second time and it loaded normally this time. I had less programs running in the background now, so it seems like it crashes if there isn't enough memory available while it's loading.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Spent some time in combat!

Buggy Functionality: XP bar bugged out and stopped updating while killing enemies. I leveled up, but the bar stopped working toward its goal of the next level. (Edit 1: also stopped updating on the Skills and Abilities page. Both errors were fixed by rezoning.)
    Buggy Functionality: targeting a mob that is a distance away displays Footprints over each ability that is out of range. Previously, the footprints only appeared after you had targeted a mob and clicked an ability that you wished to use on the out-of-range mob. Now they display without using an ability.
    Buggy Functionality: Not all XP gains for combat and noncombat skills are being posted to chat. Example: Transmutation xp gains not posting to All channel unless there is a level gain.
    Missing Functionality: No XP gain included in "Combat Numbers"
    Last edited by Hood; 11-12-2017 at 05:17 AM.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buggy Functionality: Skill window. After I collapse some skill (the anatomy subskills) and relaunch the game it is not collapsed anymore.

Suggestion: I am missing the lvl next to the skill. So I could see what lvl I am in a skill without clicking on it. This way if I wish to find out the level I have to click on it. Makes looking for unfinished skills more difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update this morning, and since I didn't see these elsewhere unless I missed it...

-Buggy functionality/Cosmetic: When buying from the guild shop or Dreva's altar, it shows the amount of councils you have, not the blessings/credits.

-Feedback/Suggestion/Cosmetic: The scroll bar in both chat and, say, when buying stuff skips around too much, (for me at least). I'd rather scroll using up/down arrows like on the old UI. I'm probably just used to doing that.

-Feedback/Suggestion/Cosmetic: It was nice leveling skill levels next to the skills without me having to click on the specific skill to check the level. Sometimes this was how I decided what skill I should level next. (EDIT: Erthiel beat me to this one by 4 minutes )
    Last edited by Tiamat; 11-12-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missing functionality: Set hotkeys to change my load-out does not work.
    Buggy: When I try and change a hotkey, the UI's buttons for assign key, or even save and cancel don't seem to work.

edit--
    Cosmetic:In sun vale my direction arrow is backwards
    Cosmetic: while unloading stuff from Agrashab storage, I was dragging and double clicking and my glove icon looks stuck between some storage "squares". This is only visual as I have it in my bag. When I close my storage the icon is floating in the middle of my screen.
    Cosmetic: Upon putting armor on while the hiding worn gear, the hover-over does not auto update. Like I click put on a line of gear and if I don't move my mouse,it'll show the first item my mouse was over.
    Buggy: The old loadout would save my armor after I put stuff in storage. The new UI does not recognize my gear.
    Last edited by Mbaums; 11-12-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality: /join -<secret> room says it's invalid. The secret sauce rooms don't work and seem to appear as public?

Cosmetic: The UI especially the titles of the dialogs are very spaced out compared to the previous. In some cases because of this I can see less things in the lists. - Skills and Abilities for example.

Cosmetic: At the moment, it seems there is less space on the screen in which to put dialogs that you might want around often. For example the chat you probably often want open. The inventory box seems to now have a bigger minimum size.
    - The status icons showing your diseases are bigger than your combat icons, which I don't know is a good idea. The combat icons are important, but the status icons are less so one you have read what they meant and can identify them.

Buggy functionality: Drag an item out of inventory and press ESC to close the window sticks the item onto the screen in mid air.

Cosmetic: Not sure I like the single click on an inventory item to use it. It's far too easy to accidentally do.

Buggy functionality: The chat window says "tell" after you have sent a tell, but if you type another message an press enter it goes to the chat channel on not to the person in question. Should remove the tell indicator after sending a message.

Buggy functionality: If you click on someone, and they run off, you can see them forever in the little hud window each time they fight or pick their nose.

Buggy functionality: Changing the UI tabs is quite slow, the messages are not cached.

buggy functionality: can't seem to assign keys. for example 7 to ability bar 7

Buggy functionality: There is no group dot or whatnot on the eltibule map.
    Last edited by Murk; 11-12-2017 at 08:12 AM. Reason: + some more

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reath View Post
    It might not be related to the UI specifically, but I assumed I should post it here since it's specific to this version of the game.

I started the game a second time and it loaded normally this time. I had less programs running in the background now, so it seems like it crashes if there isn't enough memory available while it's loading.
    I'm glad that you were able to get it working. Generally, after a freeze up like that, I'd suggest restarting your computer and trying again with nothing else open.

As for running out of RAM, yes that can crash Project: Gorgon.

Thanks for following up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cosmetic: looking at a bat PC, the bat face in the PC/NPC/objects window is below the circle. You can see the top of their head briefly when they dance or jump. Same issue I think for people in raven form.

Cosmetic: in that same window, if someone is playing ocarina, you can see their hands in front of their face but not the instrument (like if the ocarina was invisible, but the instrument appears equipped on the character).

Regression (hard to tell if it's buggy, missing or intended): previously, you could "queue" your actions. You could for example press the key for Extra Toes and then Haste Concoction immediately, and Haste Concoction would be executed as soon as the global refresh timer allows it. Now, you have to wait for the global refresh timer and then press the key, or it gets eaten. This is an issue when fighting, you have to spam the game now.

Cosmetic: have the minimap up. use the mouse to increase its size, empty space appears around the minimap itself (the window resizes but not the map). Zoom in, zoom out, now it's resized properly.

Cosmetic: because of the issue above, knowing if an ability can be used *now* is critical. I find the green lines around abilities too thin, notably for Psychology abilities (green on blue, I don't see it at all). The refresh timer animation that selectively gray a part of the icon is nice, but the contrast between grayed/not grayed is too light for me, I can't really see it unless I look directly at the icon (and during combat I want to focus on other things)

Missing functionality: there doesn't seem to be an icon for the word hunt game, available now only from the /wordhunt command. Hard to find for newbie bards.
    Last edited by Niph; 11-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be a knowledge issue here, does the shift buy multiple work?

Thread Footer