Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Small reminder- we wiped yesterday repeatedly in 8 ppl group And some are really OP in the way that they're older players with above average gear. Citan said once (when 50 was cap level i think) that some players were effectively level 80 due to their gear and so many maxed skills.
    where did you wipe? I think the 2nd floor NE is not for a group of 6 lvl 70s. maybe 3 lvl 125s.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We had partial wipes few times that run but it was admittedly more fun than zerging with 2 groups. I do have the same doubts about a 6 people group being able to fully run that dungeon, even if they're really good and geared players. Maybe if the mobs get tweaked a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That music clip was awesome and downright brilliant!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, the key-drop rate on the manticores is low, and these are elites that only spawn once per hour, so i can see a problem for people wanting keys for Labyrinth. Secondly, guilds will often arrange runs through dungeons for larger groups and a maximum group size of 6 will limit these runs. Thirdly, i think there will be complaints when high levels blast past low level groups in the early dungeons and leave them locked out of the bosses.

I completely agree that zergs are boring and trivialise otherwise challenging dungeons and also that archers are currently OP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only realy bad thing is the fast respawn rate with a group of 6 people we arent fast enough to avoid them from dropping on our heads.
    a 8 person group can handle it in full lvl 70 legendary gear but a 6 person group will most likely die.
    reversing it to the old difficulty will fix the problem and makes it possible to enjoy the dungeon with a 6 player group.
    Pls look at what is cosing the fps to drop to around 10 fps even with a i7 nvidia 980 gtx 16 gig ram, everybody seems to have this problem no matter what computer they are using.
    Overal i like the brightness and the dungeon.
    Last edited by nimto; 03-15-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further feedback on GK:

6 vs 7 man groups:
    Note: Most of the members of these groups were experienced players with level 70 skills and a mixture of level 70 /60 high end gear. Everyone had run GK multiple times before. 4 of the 6 /7 took part in each run

6 people: Challenging run. Difficult with several wipes. Had to focus all the time
    7 people: Challenging, but almost felt it was a ‘farming’ run

The differences between 6 or 7 people in the group was highly noticeable
    Note: Even for this group, equipped with current top-level gear, GK was no pushover

Bosses:
    Whether with 6 or 7 people, they were downable. Major difference was it took longer with 6 people

Elites:
    Using pull and hook tactics, no real issues if people stayed back and didn’t rush in
    Major issues were encountered with rapid re-spawn rate and multiple packs of elites suddenly aggroing from other rooms (for no apparent reason)

Inconsistent elite pack behavior:
    As previously posted, packs can behave differently on runs – sometimes they (seem to) respawn quicker or attack without (apparent) cause – guess some orcs have better hearing?
    e.g. one area (by the tavern) that on an earlier run had been cleared without incident in a group of 4, resulted in 4 consecutive party wipes with a party of 6. We had double spawns and circa 3 packs of elites attacking us – on each attempt. We ran the same area next day in a group of 6 with no issues

AOE behavior: Raised as a bug
    Relating to the inconsistent pack behavior at the tavern, on one occasion it was noticed by several players that Heavy Multi-shot (archery) shot through walls plus hit non-engaged elites. This was unexpected as previous testing suggested that AOE only affected already aggroed monsters

Feedback: GK - A tale of ‘Hack and Slash’ with a ‘Monty-Haul’ reward system

Accessing GK:
    Unless you can fly into the keep, getting through the multiple monsters roaming outside it is a pain. There are too many for most single players to survive their onslaughts.
    The problem can be avoided by assembling as a group outside GK and clearing the orcs
    Suggestion: Reduce the number of orcs who patrol /attack outside GK

Screen loading times (entering and leaving GK):
    Since last patch, these have significantly lengthened (for me at least). On leaving GK (e.g. to help clear orcs outside), it is not uncommon to be at half-health and under attack from 6 orcs before the screen clears and you can act
    Suggestion: Remove /reduce the number of orcs by the GK entrance

Frame rates:
    These are very poor - some times as low as 10, but more often around 20. Could it be caused by the amount of items people leave lying around due to the large amount of loot drops and available inventory space?
    Suggestion: Optimise GK code /reduce number of drops

Chest keys:
    1 key /chest: Most people had an over-abundance of keys
    3 keys /chest: Most people are short on keys and unable to open all the chests /run
    Suggestion: Set to 2 keys /chest and review

Loot drops:
    It feels that loot drops in GK are too random in relation to skills used and skills dropped-items have, e.g. archer /druid can receive deer /druid etc.
    It is recognized that by design skill drops have a small % of being random, but in GK, non-applicable skill drops seem to be common, rather than rare

The impact of this is made worse by the number of single skill set combined with Generic drops that are received
    Suggestion: Review code and reduce the occurrence of non-relevant skill drops

Loot quantity /disposal:
    Currently, GK is a loot-fest where you get so many drops, that you spend a large amount of time managing your inventory and phloging. Several players (including myself) only pick-up pinks and golds now – due to there being so many drops
    Suggestion: Review amount of loot dropping. Reduce /change?

Vendors: Spoiler
    Although, there appears to be an embryonic vendor in GK, it is not active now. The nearest vendor is half a map away (& doesn’t pay full value?)
    Currently, people suicide in the start area in GK, enter the light, sell to vendors in Serbule, teleport back to Gazluk, re-enter GK – rinse and repeat. The amount of loot drops makes this worthwhile and presumably has a knock-on effect on the economy
    Suggestion: Add a black-market vendor e/g/ 'shady orc' to Entry area

Augmentation:
    Current skill limits result in < 20% of augmentation attempts being successful i.e. your new level 70 gear is very difficult and expensive to augment. If your current level 60 gear is max. crafted and augmented, the level 70 gear gets left in the bank
    Suggestion: Raise skill levels cap by 10

Crafting max. level 70 gear
    Without Vervadium (i.e. a Lab. run), you cannot craft several level 70 recipes (e.g. tailoring and leatherwork)
    Suggestion: Give each GK boss a chance to drop Vervadium

Comparing Lab to GK: My personal comments
    It may be nostalgia, but I prefer Lab to GK – despite having run Lab dozens of times and for many months
    Lab has variability, a start and an end (loot the chests on the way to killing Asterion and then Claudia). It is unforgiving, but rewarding. It has stood the test of time

GK by comparison feels linear, repetitive and mechanical – with no natural ending (i.e. story line). The loot rewards are greater in quantity, but it feels like an old-style Hack & Slash dungeon (with excessive loot i.e. ‘Monty-haul). Technically, it is ‘better’ than Lab, but after doing many runs, it feels emotionally unrewarding.
    I can run Lab 2 or 3 times /day and enjoy each run. GK, I go for the loot and mechanically kill monsters – at the end of several hours, my enjoyment level is way below that of a Lab run.
    Suggestion: Raise Lab to level 70 difficulty or Add ‘immersion’ content into GK
    Last edited by poulter; 03-15-2017 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Added Suggestion to Vendors. Added Frame ate comment

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Chest keys:
    1 key /chest: Most people had an over-abundance of keys
    3 keys /chest: Most people are short on keys and unable to open all the chests /run
    Suggestion: Set to 2 keys /chest and review

Loot drops:
    It feels that loot drops in GK are too random in relation to skills used and skills dropped-items have, e.g. archer /druid can receive deer /druid etc.
    It is recognized that by design skill drops have a small % of being random, but in GK, non-applicable skill drops seem to be common, rather than rare

The impact of this is made worse by the number of single skill set combined with Generic drops that are received
    Suggestion: Review code and reduce the occurrence of non-relevant skill drops"

This is noticeable even for someone who doesn't run GK as much as Aws. Out of an average of 4-6 yellow drops per run only 1 or none are actually usable for me. Also most of the weapons are unsuitable (i.e. lots of shields for unarmed and archery players)

"Loot quantity /disposal:
    Currently, GK is a loot-fest where you get so many drops, that you spend a large amount of time managing your inventory and phloging. Several players (including myself) only pick-up pinks and golds now – due to there being so many drops

Vendors: Spoiler
    Although, there appears to be an embryonic vendor in GK, it is not active now. The nearest vendor is half a map away (& doesn’t pay full value?)
    Currently, people suicide in the start area in GK, enter the light, sell to vendors in Serbule, teleport back to Gazluk, re-enter GK – rinse and repeat. The amount of loot drops makes this worthwhile and presumably has a knock-on effect on the economy
    Suggestion: Add a black-market vendor e/g/ 'shady orc' to Entry area

Augmentation:
    Current skill limits result in < 20% of augmentation attempts being successful i.e. your new level 70 gear is very difficult and expensive to augment. If your current level 60 gear is max. crafted and augmented, the level 70 gear gets left in the bank
    Suggestion: Raise skill levels cap by 10"

[I]These are related issues for me. I actually take longer than others when we have phlog breaks for one simple reason-I actually pick up the green and blues too and have to sift through them and keep duplicates. It sounds stupid but I keep them for augments extraction because I have more chances to extract an augment out of a green or blue. I keep duplicates in case the extraction fails (which is very often).

There are 2 problems here actually, one is the cap level for augmentation. Since we already have the necessary abilities, allow us to gain exp in order to raise augmentation to at least 60 to lower the chance of failure.
    The second problem is the generic mods. Since rolling skill specific mods into generics -in order to isolate and extract the mod you want- is currently impossible, my suggestion is looking into it and maybe re-implement that feature, it was really useful.
    It is frustrating having to carry around a load of greens or blues and ending up with either no augment or with the wrong one.
    [/I]
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-15-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poulter View Post
    Loot drops:
    Loot quantity /disposal:
    I'm hesitant to suggest changing the amount, because what's happening now is the amount of usable items is very low. This is very much luck of the draw right now, where some people have managed to get quite a bit of what they wanted, and others (myself included) have spent nearly every single day in there and still only have 2-3 pieces that are kind of 'okay', but still not quite there.

If the argument is because we can empty vendors of money faster now - that is simply not true. It was very much doable before, and in some cases in shorter amounts of time (due to the Mant/Pask/Lab rotation and how easy it was.) Doing is solely via Gazluk Keep drops is much often slower, because of the required effort (in time and people.)

As for inventory management, my suggestion is GUI related (I know, no changes until the new GUI.) That is - add an option to decompose or distill the item when you loot it instead. Still allow for the old way of doing things, but give the option right up front. Make it instant at time of loot, because it's not really a moment of thinking whether you will want it later or not. (Unpopular opinion incoming: Kind of sounds like a VIP feature to me, too, as similar options we're given in other games.)

Quote Originally Posted by poulter View Post
    Comparing Lab to GK: My personal comments
    It may be nostalgia, but I prefer Lab to GK – despite having run Lab dozens of times and for many months
    Lab has variability, a start and an end (loot the chests on the way to killing Asterion and then Claudia). It is unforgiving, but rewarding. It has stood the test of time

GK by comparison feels linear, repetitive and mechanical – with no natural ending (i.e. story line). The loot rewards are greater in quantity, but it feels like an old-style Hack & Slash dungeon (with excessive loot i.e. ‘Monty-haul). Technically, it is ‘better’ than Lab, but after doing many runs, it feels emotionally unrewarding.
    I can run Lab 2 or 3 times /day and enjoy each run. GK, I go for the loot and mechanically kill monsters – at the end of several hours, my enjoyment level is way below that of a Lab run.
    Suggestion: Raise Lab to level 70 difficulty or Add ‘immersion’ content into GK
    I hate Lab. It was a necessary evil, but I truly hated it. World of WarCraft made the beginning to end dungeon run popular, and I hated it coming from EQ. There are more 'immersive' elements in GK than Lab by far. I know that Lab wasn't meant to be run that way, but by the time I got to it that's how it was always done. That being said, there are problems with it that may make it less fun for some people so let's talk about that:

1) It's not meant to be run beginning to end. Trying to get that through to people is an uphill battle when they've been doing Lab for so long because that very much is beginning to end. All the dungeons prior to Lab are not treated this way - you don't run crypt beginning to end, or Kur Tower, or the Goblin Dungeon, or ... etc, etc. Lab you do, and you would continue to do so because it was the 'end game' for so long. Now GK is the end game and so the natural reaction is to do it the same way as you've been doing it, but it wasn't meant for that. Hell, Lab wasn't meant for it either but for some reason that became the standard because there's no good reason to sit anywhere inside and farm for awhile. GK there *could* be plenty of reasons to sit and farm for awhile. Which is great, because when the level cap goes up even further, it's going to make a lot more sense.

Right now, that aspect doesn't make sense to people because there's no reminder that this is barely more than "half way" to max (assuming 125.)

2) GK feels more like EverQuest (1, never played 2) did, where you would take a group in, find a spot, and sit awhile. The problem is that groups don't want to do that, because there's no incentive to actually do it. You can't farm bosses, because of the 3 hour loot limit. You *could* farm Snowblood Misery armor on the 2nd floor north side, but nobody wants to do that either except a select few. Which is sad, because for the actual armor stat, it's the best you can get in some slots. Yes, yes, you can farm that outside GK, too, but good luck with that. I've been doing it for weeks and gotten jack all to show for it.

That said, there's no incentive to sit awhile and stay, because what most people want drops from generally everywhere else (in the dungeon, you can get the same items at the beginning that you could at the 'end' for the most part.) You could argue for necromancer and cabalist stuff, but I haven't seen a single person actually wanting any of that specifically. Boss items, yes (the gargoyle boss ring comes to mind), everything else.. not really.

3) While bosses may drop some unique items, they don't drop them in the rarity that's worth the effort. Most groups only do the bosses because they drop 4 items on average. Speaking of bosses - they're just regular mobs. They aren't interesting, to be honest, because the one thing that is different is: they resist/are immune to some things, and they tend to disable abilities (golem more than the rest.) The reward feels in line with how hard they are. Why does the healing boss take longer? Because people keep pulling him out of the room (seriously, keep him in the middle and one blizzard will take out all the crystals.) Why does the golem take longer? Because he disables abilities more. The rest are about the same. And probably why there's not much feedback on bosses - they feel fine.

4) Respawns suck. It's the system, itself, and I can't stress this enough. Every X minutes things respawn. Let's say X is 10, and you kill 20 things in the past 10 minutes to clear the way. Well, 10 minutes comes around and all that respawns. Have fun with that as a small group. If you're trying to progress further in, this alone can make it so tedious that it begins to feel more like work, and less like fun. Most people haven't seen this in lower areas because they don't take as long to clear out. It's only a problem when you start reaching a certain threshold of time to clear - which you can reach it quite often in GK.

All that said, if I had to rate these in number of importance, the reality is that #4 is the most critical, hurtful, and detrimental to small groups. The rest can be kind of slogged through, but you can't do anything about how the respawn system works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunting groups will be capped at six players instead of 10.
    When fighting elite and boss monsters, only the first group that attacks it will be able to loot it.
    The monster will become "locked" to the first attacker's group, with a little lock icon visible to other players and groups to let them know.
    Each member of the locked group will get their own share of treasure, just as they do now, but no one outside that group will be able to loot the corpse.

Really disappointed to see this. I see this as a backwards step to the community. People will just go with the same 6 people. Turn at dungeon and group X is there, give up and log off as nothing to do. No more, any one want to come to Dungeon HTJGY, all are welcome.

Oh look my friend has logged on, hmm we already have 6 people, I will just boot that person so I can get my friend in.

Helping our guild? Nope cant afford to carry people. Oh wait thats people that are great friends but not optimised. So not friendly.

Sad day. I am happy to see what it is like but we will see on how it effects attitudes. I love this game for being unique and interesting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see this turning into a pissing contest honestly. The first group that will be classified as getting the kill so to speak will always be the puller. And if not then it will be others hitting to early and causing too many mobs coming in at the same time causing many party wipes.

But with that being said I will hate to see this implemented because of how many guild members that will get left behind. When we do guild events we try to include as many that want to come along. But I will def be giving feedback when this is implemented
    Last edited by SassySusie; 03-15-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Thread Footer