Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering since I've never used Steam. If you buy a second account do you have to have a separate Steam account in order to log into both of them at the same time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmatx View Post
    Just wondering since I've never used Steam. If you buy a second account do you have to have a separate Steam account in order to log into both of them at the same time?
    At the same time? I imagine so since I presume that one Steam account can sync to one Project Gorgon account (as they eventually become synonymous to the server, I think).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleVVLL View Post
    At the same time? I imagine so since I presume that one Steam account can sync to one Project Gorgon account (as they eventually become synonymous to the server, I think).

I've thought about having multiple accounts for trades and whatnot but I haven't because I never took the time to see if it was kosher. Are we allowed to set up and run an alt, say playing music while we farm on thr same comp, same IP?

Clarification on this might lead to one or two alt accounts, lol.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know the answer to that question although I'm going to suppose that you would need two Steam accounts at the minimum assuming their servers do not bar two-boxing (wow, I haven't used that term in a while!).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I know that people have had more than one account for muling and made no secret of it. I think the is no botting or scripts but they don't care if you have more then one account. I've never bothered doing it but was considering it for the future since crafting mats take up so much space and I'd like to leave a character slot open for new races.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmatx View Post
    Well, I know that people have had more than one account for muling and made no secret of it. I think the is no botting or scripts but they don't care if you have more then one account. I've never bothered doing it but was considering it for the future since crafting mats take up so much space and I'd like to leave a character slot open for new races.
    That's what I was told by Srand when the "mule police" saw me muling last year and cried bloody murder. Srand swung by, saw my mules and we chatted. As long as you are not botting, running scripts, etc I was told mule accounts are fine.

Some folks also don't play 1 main toon, power leveling it. Some people like to switch toons and explore more.
    Last edited by lileth; 03-14-2018 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
    man, really sad to see the negatives on /r/mmorpg. Often from people who have put well over 50 hours into the game, but somehow that's not worth $30...
    Wow, that was a nice reading. You can clearly see that graphics are some kind of mental barrier for ppl. I'm not sure if that's good or bad overall. Sure, playing with more ppl is fun, but I always had a thought that current Project Gorgon graphics keep all the trolls and greedy people away from the game. This surely increases density of lore/fun-driven people within the entire community, hence making the game even more enjoyable. Nevertheless, the 'graphics' people are probably the main money sink on the game market..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To play through Steam, my impression then is to have two separate Steam accounts but there may be simpler solution.

The MMORPG subreddit is a rather toxic place for the most part, unfortunately. It used to be a bastion of some rationality by those who were advocating for better MMO games but now it has faded into a dismal and trollish swamp, filled with those who would rather complain and point a finger than enjoy the very solution to their expressed problems.

For example, there has been an outcry there recently about getting back to the roots of great classic games with no P2W aspects or a cash shop. Well, here comes Project Gorgon (even with no subscription fee!) but most of the vocal individuals in the sub go apeshit because the development team wants ~$29. Talk about bizarre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just received my steam key by email : it's one of the best email i've received to guide player for their first login.
    GJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To play through Steam, my impression then is to have two separate Steam accounts but there may be simpler solution.
    I remember a similar discussion when people wanted to multi-box Wurm Unlimited. On the one hand the developer should not prevent people from buying multiple copies as long as there is no botting. You don't even need to multi-box in PG. I remember using 3 mules and swapping items through the shared chest. It took a lot of time though and added a lot to the suck factor.
    On the other, if you want to multi-box a Steam MMO hassle-free, you should run each copy on a different PC. Steam does not allow one to log in with multiple accounts on the same PC. There used to be a trick in Wurm Unlimited where you ran Steam, logged into the game, then killed some Steam executables in taskmanager, started Steam again, and logged into WU with another account. But this has been patched out, and after a few months WU started shutting down when Steam was closed, as any other Steam game should, Steam wants to be a bit of a DRM platform after all.

For example, there has been an outcry there recently about getting back to the roots of great classic games with no P2W aspects or a cash shop. Well, here comes Project Gorgon (even with no subscription fee!) but most of the vocal individuals in the sub go apeshit because the development team wants ~$29. Talk about bizarre.
    There is a new generation who grew up on free or $0.99 mobile games. Millenials will be the death of us .

Thread Footer