Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Discuss the Update: April 7

The patch notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ull=1#post9906

Please discuss the update in this thread!

We are aware of the following new issues:
    • NPCs can be "invisible" from certain camera angles (details not yet fully understood -- if you have more info on what's going on or how to repro it reliably, please post here!)
    • There's a farm building outside of Serbule that's "on stilts" and very high above the ground

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the first update that has been released since I joined. Thanks for posting the patch notes so quickly! I've been waiting for this patch to try out Animal Handling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i see you've made some icon changes again

is there any skill level increasing patch planned?

I'm thinking about the skills that's stuck at 60 mostly.
    Last edited by Karamasha; 04-07-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know not everyone is experiencing this but I am encountering numerous spontaneous relog events in the game. They can take anywhere from 20 sec to 3 minutes in game. I have run into this in a previous patch but not sure what was done to correct it then. There may have been something sneal back into this update that is causing this to occur again. Also, there is a noticeable degradation in fps in Serbule town square. Others have reported wildly fluctuating fps rates as well. And others have reported improvements. So, overall, I am of the opinion that there are some technical (non-content) issues that have crept back in to degrade the overall experience. Once again, I wish I cold give you more background information for repeatability but it does not seem to be consistent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a free trial planned? 'Download the alpha client and try the game' has been suggested to anyone looking at it. 'just pay 40 dollers lol' seems much less likely to get someone to take the dive.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to be fair, it was free to play for years, and even now you can buy the game and return it with less than a few hours of play since it's through steam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After receiving a key I activated account on a computer I don't regularly use, it auto synced to an account I made on the alpha client using that PC(which I logged into once) instead of giving me any option. SeemsGood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Fixes to Treasure Mods"

its not spelled out like I am 5, can I take it to mean these have been fixed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the new razorslash panther / orc mix in Kur. It's more dangerous, which is a good balance to the reward. Unfortuantely the panther spawn has been dramatically reduced, and it seems that their respawn time has increased (it's hard to tell on the latter since there are so many fewer in the area). I feel that the pendulum may have swung too far in this re-balance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Sebule Hills area, there used to be nice, lush grass and trees. It was fantastic. (I run using "retro" graphics but advanced and set all to max - no lag before and looked fantastic). Now, it's barren -- it's utterly lifeless. No grass, few trees. I was told in-game that the devs removed the grass and most of the trees deliberately. Is this true? In what universe did that make sense? The area looks hideous now. I actually don't want to log in, if I have to go to that zone. It's so utterly barren-looking, it's actually depressing. Seriously. No grass?

-- Edit: thank heavens Sebule itself still has a good, lush look. I am literally trying to figure out how to play without having to go to Sebule Hills ever -- it looks so bad without grass and trees. I normally don't care about graphics, but even low-res grass would look better than the barren wasteland that is that zone now. Please, please, please bring life back to that zone. It look like farmland before -- it looks barren now. Not... good.
    Last edited by Jms60t5; 04-07-2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Add more thoughts and seeing other zones

Thread Footer