Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderator issue or non issue.

In Project Gorgon the community is very good, and the moderators who are given powers to mute in global almost never get to use it.
    Unfortunately this means in the minds of some individuals that they will look for any chance they get, but this is a possibility, I don't want to jump to conclusions.

I won't say who is right or wrong, but I hope I can bring this to the others attention.

I was banned from global chat today after logging in and then saying "greetings inferior non spiders" I don't know for certain if these were the specific words that had gotten me banned, but it was the only thing I could find that could be construed as negative in the only three sentences I said today.

This is the full context of what was said by me "Kyos"

I was quite enjoying the banter, but at this point I was banned. I assume lynevere was also banned, for saying " not what your mom said last night during the fox bukake " As for if the others were also banned, I don't know.

Of course the people who should decide where the limits should be are the creators of the game, and if this is in line with their sensibilities then the policing that was done here was the correct decision.

That aside, I wonder if what was said by me has crossed the line and warrants a ban in your minds or not, and if all speech done by me, or you, or others in the community, should also receive the same heavy policing by the moderators in Project Gorgon "If the words can be seen as possibly negative in nature."
    Last edited by overtyped; 10-08-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that is indeed the reason , Then I feel the sensibilities are way to sensitive .. Granted many might not like being called inferior .. but no reason to ban IMHO .
    That's A big IF that's the reason . I seen far worse !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheawanna View Post
    If that is indeed the reason , Then I feel the sensibilities are way to sensitive .. Granted many might not like being called inferior .. but no reason to ban IMHO .
    That's A big IF that's the reason . I seen far worse !
    These are indeed the only 3 sentences that were said by me today. I had not logged in for about 12 hours prior to this.
    Others that are logged in now will also be able to see that is the case if they check the chat.

Could i maybe ask you a favor? If you happened to be logged in for more than an hour, would you be willing to verify my story?

I ask because I don't want to come off as editing out something to make myself look good, because I did indeed show the extent of what i wrote.
    Last edited by overtyped; 10-08-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overtyped View Post
    In Project Gorgon the community is very good, and the moderators who are given powers to mute in global almost never get to use it.
    Unfortunately this means in the minds of some individuals that they will look for any chance they get, but this is a possibility, I don't want to jump to conclusions.
    First of all, read this for general information: All-About-the-Guides-Program by Citan . Perhaps it'll help you understand.
    Secondly, this community, from time to time, is way too sensitive for its own good, but that is just imho. I, myself, found, that the best way to play is to rarely type anything, better yet not use the in-game chat at all.
    Finally, mistakes happen. Chances are slim, but still possible. I can see a random person misunderstanding the message in the game chat. Happens all the time.

P.S. Problem with policing speech at all, as a concept, is that anything will be offensive to someone. All it takes is a sizeable crowd. If you're talking to 10k+ people, somebody will be offended. Because everybody has their own opinion. So, it doesn't even matter what you're saying.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 10-08-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought you would get a warning first and if you continued then you would be gagged for a short period of time. But the major gagging or bans can only be done by the admins. Also, when you log out, the chats are gone, so you cant see old chats, unless you have chat logging enabled.
    Last edited by Figger1; 10-08-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh*

There are so many things wrong with this thread, so you'll have to excuse me as I put on my "Angry Admin" hat.

1. Since you chose to drag it into the spotlight:
    Quote Originally Posted by overtyped View Post
    I was banned from global chat today after logging in and then saying "greetings inferior non spiders" I don't know for certain if these were the specific words that had gotten me banned, but it was the only thing I could find that could be construed as negative in the only three sentences I said today.
    Give me a break. First off, you were given a 15 minute public channel gag. Hardly a ban. If you were banned, you wouldn't have remained in the game. Secondly, the "Oh , but I'm innocent. I don't know what I did..." crap doesn't fly with me either. A similar incident occurred not even 48 hours prior and you were warned at that time to not do it anymore. When a moderator or admin tells you to stop, that means stop. Full stop. The warning doesn't magically disappear at the change of day. You knew exactly what you were doing. You just chose to ignore the warning. That's on you.

2. On a side note (since it was mentioned in the thread): While we do try to make it a practice to issue warnings about lighter offenses before taking action, we are in no way obligated or required to do so in any case.

3. The real sticking point -
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Game, LLC Code of Conduct
    The following categories of conduct are not allowed on the community forums, website, in-game or other ELDER GAME provided PRODUCTS:
    •Discussing a Suspension and/or Ban publicly;
    This was handled all wrong. If you felt you were wronged by a moderator, or an admin for that matter, you either submit a formal complaint via the in-game abuse tickets or by submitting an e-mail to support@projectgorgon.com. At that point evidence from the server logs will be gathered and the issue will be reviewed by the admins as a whole (this includes the devs). You ended up taking the little bit of good faith you had and tossed it out the window while getting yourself even deeper in trouble by violating the rules yet again.

We really dislike having to call people out publicly like this. It seems to be a common tactic by some thinking that if they do this they will get to dictate the story because the mods and admins will stay hushed. In most cases we won't bother, but from time to time we like to remind people that we are not afraid to do so when it is warranted. This stuck out as one of those times.

The matter is now closed and will not be discussed further.

*Takes off hat*
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    *sigh*

There are so many things wrong with this thread, so you'll have to excuse me as I put on my "Angry Admin" hat.

1. Since you chose to drag it into the spotlight:

Give me a break. First off, you were given a 15 minute public channel gag. Hardly a ban. If you were banned, you wouldn't have remained in the game. Secondly, the "Oh , but I'm innocent. I don't know what I did..." crap doesn't fly with me either. A similar incident occurred not even 48 hours prior and you were warned at that time to not do it anymore. When a moderator or admin tells you to stop, that means stop. Full stop. The warning doesn't magically disappear at the change of day. You knew exactly what you were doing. You just chose to ignore the warning. That's on you.

2. On a side note (since it was mentioned in the thread): While we do try to make it a practice to issue warnings about lighter offenses before taking action, we are in no way obligated or required to do so in any case.

3. The real sticking point -

This was handled all wrong. If you felt you were wronged by a moderator, or an admin for that matter, you either submit a formal complaint via the in-game abuse tickets or by submitting an e-mail to support@projectgorgon.com. At that point evidence from the server logs will be gathered and the issue will be reviewed by the admins as a whole (this includes the devs). You ended up taking the little bit of good faith you had and tossed it out the window while getting yourself even deeper in trouble by violating the rules yet again.

We really dislike having to call people out publicly like this. It seems to be a common tactic by some thinking that if they do this they will get to dictate the story because the mods and admins will stay hushed. In most cases we won't bother, but from time to time we like to remind people that we are not afraid to do so when it is warranted. This stuck out as one of those times.

The matter is now closed and will not be discussed further.

*Takes off hat*
    I do appreciate you confirming that you did ban me for saying "greetings inferior non spiders" however that's not what this thread is about. I hope we can keep on topic.

If a 15 minute timeout is , in your words "hardly a ban" then it should be fine to discuss.

This thread is not to discuss my 15 minute timeout specifically, or the 30 day ban you gave me for writing this thread, the thread is to discuss if, what I or others said deserves a ban, and how they feel on the policing that is going on, and if indeed is or isn't over policing.

As for good will, there is no need to discuss this. We both know a upright and just moderator like you would never hold a deep seated grudge from this thread, and use it as a reason to scour the global chat the next time you graciously allow me to log back in 30 days from now, all in the hopes I'll say something you dislike, so you can then react with extreme prejudice and give me a permaban.

No, i have far too much faith in you for that, you are very upright and not at all petty. I'm certain that the next time I say something you dislike in global, you will certainly react in a gentle and measured manner, certainly.
    Last edited by overtyped; 10-09-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Thread Footer