Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I train unarmed and unarmed cuz at the speed their releasing nerfs for them

Should I train unarmed and unarmed cuz at the speed their releasing nerfs for them I fail to see anything wrong with training them waited for like a year still no nerf anything that nullifyies damage this much shouldnt be allowed you can solo pask and everything in gazkeep

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming this is your new rant? I saw you spewing out "Nerf Bard and Unarmed" in chat today. Still upset over the AOE adjustment affecting sword?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weirdly, as Unarmed, a good deal of my damage is AoE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, unarmed(and bard) nerf is incoming.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that when i started 3 months ago I was told unarmed was 'ok' but not nearly as good as sword/fire/BC/Ice/ etc, I'm sort of wondering what part of unarmed anyone considers needing to be nerfed? Bard I've heard lots about. But until Deathkon got killed by a slug, (A tragedy so horrible that of course someone MUST answer for it!!!!) I haven't heard anyone mention unarmed being so good it needed balancing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all a nerf to unarmed is not needed, you have yet to experience it yet you already claim it
    can solo everything in Gazkeep (Maybe with bard, but not with any other skill)

Unarmed is RNG physical mitigation. Gazkeep has multiple damage outputs (Fire,Physical,Poison,Acid,Dark) because you can reduce the damage of one of those by half does not mean you could solo the place.

Now i don't think you understand how the physical mitigation works in this game at all, nor how any of the unarmed mitigation mods work.
    Unarmed attacks have a 21% chance to conjure a magical field that mitigates 10% of all physical damage you take for 1 minute (or until 100 damage is mitigated). This does not mean you can stack 10 of these and you will have FULL physical mitigation.

Instead it will reduce 10% of the already reduced damage. Should you obtain another 10% reduction it will reduce 10% of that 10% and so on.
    Open your google calculator and put in 100, reduce that by 10% until you reach 1 then post how many 10% reductions you had to do in order to nullify that damage, until then do not speak of this until you yourself decide to experience the skill.

On another hand, stop crying and play the game or don't play, but just please stop crying wolf.
    It's not there and when it is there i don't think anyone is going to bother listening. Also the slime room is possible

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bard wasn't a problem for a long time. It never changed either, but Archers got hit with the nerf bat a few times, and AOE changes made other skills weaker - including Bard, but the result was a perceived shift in power.
    I don't see the skill as overpowered. You need both hands if you want both DPS and support, and neither is it's support as good as Psych, nor is it's damage anywhere near the top.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Story: OMG you nerfed my sword aoe!! I got killed in the slime room! Totally unacceptable! Nerf Bard! Nerf Unarmed!

Current story: I ran out of food and didn't notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    Bard wasn't a problem for a long time. (...) nor is it's damage anywhere near the top.
    The issue isn't the entire class, but stacking specific mods in it that take things to an absurd degree to the point there's people soloing level 70 group bosses. Took a while for people to catch on because the community isn't that big and you need specific high-level gear to take it to absurdity.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem seems to be scaling in every case. If you ever get the chance to watch a Lycan solo in Gazluk, you'll wonder what you had Bard on the black list for originally.

And then there's the whole "advanced class" thing. Archers needing ammo, Bards needing both hands, Druids having their events, Lycans their full moon, Necros have special requirements for their pets and so on, while Sword or Staff can rock just fine and is just as strong (or stronger) without sacrificing anything for it.

I don't believe in balance for every class before the game is even close to be finished.
    We don't even have all classes and races in game yet, we have very under powered skills like Necromancer, wonky things like pet-AI that make pets in general a security risk in groups - and we're still at lvl 70 of supposedly 125.

When baseline gear progression is streamlined and the complete content finished, then we'll see what the balance of this game will look like.
    Reading the dev blog tells me that pointing out balance problems at this point is not yet very useful.

Thread Footer