Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    On that note can we nerf travel form swapping? Battlechemistry buffs drop the second you change classes. But you can change to shield press take the lead, elemental ward and then change to a different class and still have those buffs. Why?
    Agree with this, or the opposite, and just make the BC buffs not tied to whether the caster has the skill active or not. I have seen players exploit the first case to speed run GK solo to Melandria without using back door.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    Agree with this, or the opposite, and just make the BC buffs not tied to whether the caster has the skill active or not. I have seen players exploit the first case to speed run GK solo to Melandria without using back door.
    What I see is a reward for having spent leveling 5+ classes and having the ability to setup a hardware/software macro. It feels very exploity when you see it or use it yourself.

1. There is a potential for people to stack insane sprint speeds or multiple normally not allowed combat buffs at the same time.
    2. There is already a working protocol in place that more or less says: if you cast class buffs and change classes those buffs fade immediately.
    3. This change would close a source of exploitation.
    4. BC buffs would be stupidly broken if they didn't fade when you swapped; but there are other abilities that are still pretty broken with short durations.
    5. It seems more simple to have everything work the same way: If you change classes you lose all active buffs from that class.

As an extreme example I could see someone parking a low level alt with tether outside a very difficult boss. That way when you are fighting the boss the priest can cast tether mid fight if someone dies. The current content isn't that hard yet and the playerbase overall isn't quite yet that bored.

How about a less extreme example: a group in voice chat says 1-2-3 go and 5/6 players all put on their mentalism or some other swap gear set. They all cast a buff then change back to their real classes and kill the boss. In some cases the buffs wont fade until the end of the fight or after the boss is dead.

In one sense this requires dedication and planning to pull off but it most definitely has the potential to make some content insanely easier than it should be.

@Citan, If that is what you want then leave it in the game. If not then change it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These new war caches are the bee's knees!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanna make a quick correction to something I said earlier.

Cows don't have a % based mitigation shield, they are just really strong tanks with decent self-healing. I'm not sure why I thought they did, but I double checked and they don't.( I talked to some cow players and I also went through their list of modifiers myself).

I stand by the rest of the issues I mentioned, but I still believe this was a really good patch. Definitely steps in the right direction and the war caches fill a niche that existed, plus most of them are fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the war caches and I do them for the safe cracking skill. The symbols around the zone are nice, but I've decided that its just easier to forget about them and solve the mino chests without it. The fact that they can spawn in small dead ends, nearly behind boxes against a wall, and there might be less than 6 if there are duplicates in the symbols makes finding it just a PITA.

If you do ever create 70 and higher versions of war caches, I do believe the gear from there should be that the gear is weaker --in white stats not in mod#s-- to that of whatever is dropping off the group level content. I just want to avoid 70s deciding they can get better gear solo vs struggling with a 3-man torture-fest.

Also, the spiders in GK... They stun now? I dislike it, but I welcome the difficulty! I should have been looking at other mobs abilities but this was the most noticeable.

Clopjaw's extreme regen is really nice. And he is actually the first pet ive had with the lure away clever trick. Tested it and I absolutely hate it :P It's just that the pets aggro is still wonky.
    Last edited by Mbaums; 05-08-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    I like the war caches and I do them for the safe cracking skill. The symbols around the zone are nice, but I've decided that its just easier to forget about them and solve the mino chests without it. The fact that they can spawn in small dead ends, nearly behind boxes against a wall, and there might be less than 6 if there are duplicates in the symbols makes finding it just a PITA.
    FYI, the Rune clues are always in the same location for a particular cache, and we've got most of them mapped on the wiki if you want the spoiler. Agreed, they can be tough to spot, so getting the wiki maps in place for easier repeat adventures was worth the effort.

War Cache S-1 has a bug where one rune clue is repeated, so you only get 5 clues any time you run the dungeon and there's a possibility the solution might have one of the other seven runes. All the other war cache runes work, though.

If you do ever create 70 and higher versions of war caches, I do believe the gear from there should be that the gear is weaker --in white stats not in mod#s-- to that of whatever is dropping off the group level content. I just want to avoid 70s deciding they can get better gear solo vs struggling with a 3-man torture-fest.
    Absolutely opposite opinion here. I love the war caches and dream of having a L70 equivalent. The game would be so much more enjoyable if there was a reasonable solo option for L70 content.

Please do it! I've had a great time with the War Caches, and spent more time enjoying PG dungeons in the past couple weeks than the few months before they came out. I don't play video games to have a "torture-fest." I do it for fun, and stress isn't what I want from PG. It shouldn't take away the ability of players like Mbaums to have their adrenaline-rush group do-or-die experience and let players like me have a fun (and gear-rewarding) solo experience too.

It would be a wonderful improvement to the game to have a real solo option at 70 that actually gave some decent chances at some yellow drops. The war caches have proved that beyond a doubt by being such a fun area with level 60 rewards.

There's only so many hours you can spend on the edge of Onkara Plateau killing War Troopers, or in the little section of cave where the Skeleton Frostlords and Vigilants spawn, and come away with blue drops at best. PG gets pretty depressing when your only options are that or GK and you have real-life time (and stress) constraints that make big group GK runs a rare option.

+1 to something like War Caches at the level cap, please! It's okay if it's only 25%-50% as good as GK runs, but right now, the L70 alternatives feel more like 500:1 worse odds for gear, measured by drops relative to hours of play time invested.

(The numbers I claim above are based on raw emotional feelings, and are nearly baseless, and certainly not supported by even somewhat impartial anecdotal evidence, much less a process that involved things like counting or algebra.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say hold off on level 70 war cache until the level cap is raised to 80. Otherwise there would be no incentive to create groups for GK when you can just easily solo whenever you have 15 minutes of free time. Even if drop rates are 25% as good, but at 1000% easier, you know which options most of the players would choose.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clopjaw's extreme regen is really nice. And he is actually the first pet ive had with the lure away clever trick. Tested it and I absolutely hate it :P It's just that the pets aggro is still wonky.
    I did not notice the regen, but when does a pet take damage? They never have aggro.

Joke aside, I find Chopjaw's clever trick nice (but situational) because it's the second pet after Tundra Bear that has a chance to get aggro over you in the middle of the fight: this clever trick includes an aggro increase.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #39
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    When you switch skills, your buffs from the old skills should stop working. This has to be coded and tagged manually, and as you might imagine, there is a ton of complex data to configure. So I sometimes don't bother if I think the buff is short and irrelevant. Other times I just overlook it. Anyway, if you have an exploitable scenario where you can swap skills to get lots of buff stacks, please report it so it can be fixed more quickly. It is definitely not intentional!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clip View Post
    FYI, the Rune clues are always in the same location for a particular cache...

Absolutely opposite opinion here..[/SIZE]
    I never even thought to look in the same spot for them! With the fog resetting I never noticed and I assumed it was dynamic per-person. And I see your point, it's essentially, people are still putting in work for their gear. I look at it like, if the white stats on something from a group dungeon is 168 armor, +42 health from combat refresh, the solo version could be 160 armor +38 refresh or something, to avoid a scenario where people argue, "why even DO lvl 70 dungeons?", but then again people flip the script and argue why even do the war caches.

The chlopjaw's is identical to the other Grimalkin outside, only he has extreme regen instead of thick armor. It really pays off if you use Unnatural Wrath.

Thread Footer