Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little wipe, partial wipe or full wipe entirely up to the developers, I really enjoy the game and I know it's alpha/beta therefore this stuff is expected.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you were then. I just disagree on the idea of releasing the game onto steam with a price tag when stuff as simple as armor appearing invisible, disappearing, or flashing when worn. Minor stuff adds up, on top of major things.

@Silvonis

'I’ve read your comments and, to be frank, you are complaining about incomplete game systems in an in-development game. Honestly, it sounds like you just want to ‘play’ rather than ‘test’ and if that’s the case you would probably be better off just coming back closer to the official launch.'

Incomplete game systems, in an in-development game - where you want people to test content for a price tag. My only point was based on the fact that I come from a game that is 'similar' in makeup (Perhaps not in goals or ideas) but offers the sandbox feel of being able to do and pursue what you like, with a vast set of skills and abilities to mix and match, and crafting to go along with it.

When introducing people FROM that game to PG, they wouldn't even play it when there 'wasn't' a price tag -- Now is my argument completely solid based on the opinions of three to four people who I'm friends with? Not at all. Still, it shows that even as people who like the ideas of PG - I, and they too, agree that paying to 'test' something is just kind of bad. Maybe I will come back when the game fully launches, maybe I won't. Not really sure. I just have a gut feeling it's going in a direction that could potentially be very bumpy (Which I'm sure the PG staff are entirely prepared for).

All in all, I like PG. I love the concept of it, I love the skill systems, I like the aspect that it doesn't guide people. But typically when stuff hits early access with lots of unfinished, unpolished, somewhat buggy content - It gets rejected. Though that belief stems from my own personal view that early access is typically just dumped into by companies to display a half-finished project to generate cash for development or just set up to BE cash grabs.

Regardless, good luck with the launch. Honestly I hope it goes well and smooth - but I won't be purchasing it unless my drive comes back to play. I just hope other people who do purchase it are satisfied with what they 'expect' to get.

P.S. Not entirely sure where the Final Fantasy comment came from. The Steam crossover on this forums is broken - It might say I'm playing it but that was quite a while ago. But to draw comparisons, it is relatively 'cheap' compared to most games and does offer a plethora of content without bugs. (From my own experience). Though it doesn't fill the need or want for openworld, sandbox - skillbased systems with crafting. At least not to a hardcore degree.
    Last edited by Gervase; 02-17-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ETA on Steam? I have been looking but still not seen it. I will be getting it ASAP as soon as I see it anyway lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are not familiar with Steam dear Game Developers of PG this also addressees to all PG players, I have been using steam past 10 years and I will give you a hint you should never ever ignore this.
    Reviews in steam are very important they are the key, it is very crucial to have a positive reviews on the store page or else people wont even bother buying or playing your game. It could be very unfair because some people are just hater, and they will probably criticize the graphics but that's not very important the real problem is the bugs or glitches will heavily impact your reviews a lot ! It really doesn't matter if the version is Beta Alpha or PreAlpha or anything. People will be focused on that small obvious mistake and give a negative review. So if you really want your game to success, I suggest you and other players to write a detailed recent review, polish your game when I see an orange colored review or a low % in any game on steam I always start reading the reviews so do most of the steam users. Make sure to vote up all good reviews. I am not worried but if the game is successful reviews will be positive anyway.

Oh again make sure to mass advertise the steam release, on reddit especially MMORPG section.
    Last edited by Mechant; 02-17-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechant View Post
    If you are not familiar with Steam dear Game Developers of PG this also addressees to all PG players, I have been using steam past 10 years and I will give you a hint you should never ever ignore this.
    Reviews in steam are very important they are the key, it is very crucial to have a positive reviews on the store page or else people wont even bother buying or playing your game. It could be very unfair because some people are just hater, and they will probably criticize the graphics but that's not very important the real problem is the bugs or glitches will heavily impact your reviews a lot ! It really doesn't matter if the version is Beta Alpha or PreAlpha or anything. People will be focused on that small obvious mistake and give a negative review. So if you really want your game to success, I suggest you and other players to write a detailed recent review, polish your game when I see an orange colored review or a low % in any game on steam I always start reading the reviews so do most of the steam users. Make sure to vote up all good reviews. I am not worried but if the game is successful reviews will be positive anyway.

Oh again make sure to mass advertise the steam release, on reddit especially MMORPG section.
    This is so pragmatic, I love it!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gervase - I'm a bit late, but thanks for your detailed response. I appreciate you actually taking the time to try the game again and clarify what's bothering you. I can't exactly say that you are wrong about some things, it's just that they aren't things that are important to me and I'm having fun...

Which brings us right back to how to price a game based on one person's idea of fun. I can't really be objective here, obviously. In my opinion, the gameplay in PG is very strong and it is a more fun game than many games that try to cover up their lack of substance with the latest pretty graphics (which will be outdated again in a few months anyway). Whether enough people on Steam agree with me ... we'll see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Silvonis are you planning on giving out the pledge rewards during the steam release?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Karamasha
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    We aren't yet rolling out any of the pre-order benefits (such as horses, titles, special items, or VIP features). Some of those features are still a long way off, while others will be coming soon. But before we roll out anything, we want to make sure we've got your data right.
    So anyhow...

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #59
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No package features will be rolled out in the next month or so. The plan is for pledge rewards to be rolled out during beta -- after the game is on Steam but before it leaves "Steam early access". The features will be rolled out when they're ready in regular game updates. There's no exact timeline. Some features, such as player titles, are close to completion and I expect they'll arrive in a few months. Others, such as housing, aren't even started yet.

Since we haven't finished coding them, I should also include this disclaimer: it's possible that certain pledge-reward features may not be available until the game officially goes live, for logistical reasons.

For pledge rewards that include VIP time, we'll give you some control over when that VIP time starts -- either during beta or when the game leaves early access.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No package features will be rolled out in the next month or so. The plan is for pledge rewards to be rolled out during beta -- after the game is on Steam but before it leaves "Steam early access". The features will be rolled out when they're ready in regular game updates. There's no exact timeline. Some features, such as player titles, are close to completion and I expect they'll arrive in a few months. Others, such as housing, aren't even started yet.

Since we haven't finished coding them, I should also include this disclaimer: it's possible that certain pledge-reward features may not be available until the game officially goes live, for logistical reasons.
    Thank you so much for such detailed information, you guys are the best!

For pledge rewards that include VIP time, we'll give you some control over when that VIP time starts -- either during beta or when the game leaves early access.
    That's very generous of you, im not sure if i really want to activate my VIP during beta/early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    @Karamasha

So anyhow...
    I have no idea how i missed that post, i guess you're facepalming right now.
    Last edited by Karamasha; 02-19-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Thread Footer