Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enter The Light: Death & Teleportation

I'd like to toss out a thank-you for this update. Although it is less convenient, it has been something that has been nagging at me for a while. It was an odd thing that you could teleport die to reset your position, and get to where you wanted to go at a MUCH faster pace. I'm all for mobility, and love having things that make it easier to move around, but this reminded me a lot of the change in runescape moving from teleportation, to loadstones. It made the game easier, but it took a lot from the aesthetic feeling of immersion. I believe this will aid immersion and help add a little more journey to your.. journey.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fellentier View Post
    I'd like to toss out a thank-you for this update. Although it is less convenient, it has been something that has been nagging at me for a while. It was an odd thing that you could teleport die to reset your position, and get to where you wanted to go at a MUCH faster pace. I'm all for mobility, and love having things that make it easier to move around, but this reminded me a lot of the change in runescape moving from teleportation, to loadstones. It made the game easier, but it took a lot from the aesthetic feeling of immersion. I believe this will aid immersion and help add a little more journey to your.. journey.
    Agreed, and the revamp to the area that you enter the light to is nice as well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda tempted by the random portal, if only to just go somewhere instead of doing whatever I'd planned to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I considered abandoning hardcore mode (the horror!) just so I could spend a few days teleporting randomly around the world.
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    I'm kinda tempted by the random portal, if only to just go somewhere instead of doing whatever I'd planned to do.
    This! I get distracted easily enough, and the temptation of exploration is huge.

<my-two-cents>
    I personally hate the 8 hour timer on the Serb portal without having fully made up for the fact with improved alternate means of travel such as mounts. I *am* reminded of AC's Subway or Portal Hub now that the dungeon area has been revamped (not an unpleasant nostalgia).

I understand the devs are trying to make Serb less of a nexus, but I feel this is a relatively forced approach. Adding content with positive reinforcement for spreading out to other towns seems like a more palatable tactic.
    </ my-two-cents>

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageJavelins View Post
    <my-two-cents>
    I personally hate the 8 hour timer on the Serb portal without having fully made up for the fact with improved alternate means of travel such as mounts. I *am* reminded of AC's Subway or Portal Hub now that the dungeon area has been revamped (not an unpleasant nostalgia).
    I'm not sure I'll ever encounter the limit on the portal, honestly. I nearly only ever use it when my hunting has gotten screwy or I'd rez hours away from Serb, so once a session seems pretty reasonable.

If zone rez was near a specific portal/city in the zones, you could always make it across the zone. Then dying on the way back towards the city wouldn't matter as much, and so you'd never get into the situation of not quite having the oomph to run from the Inn in mountains to the portal, and being kinda stuck.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been having fun with the random portal so far. I had to use it today to get back to Serbule, and managed with just a couple deaths. ( Landing somewhere in the middle of the brain bug cave is almost as good as spawning in the Serbule inn. Well, or it would be if I had a sense of direction and didn't spend 15 minutes running back and forth looking for the exit.)

Generally, I'm in a similar situation as Crissa though - being able to go back to Serbule once every 8 hours is plenty for me on most days. For me, the new sewers are a bonus since I finally have a convenient and easy way to get to Rahu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShubiMaja View Post
    I considered abandoning hardcore mode (the horror!) just so I could spend a few days teleporting randomly around the world.
    You mean I'm not the only one who plays Hardcore mode?!?!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't visited enter the light yet since the update. Rahu plus the boat rides out from it makes it easy to travel to Serb 2/3 of the month but that's ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageJavelins View Post
    I personally hate the 8 hour timer on the Serb portal without having fully made up for the fact with improved alternate means of travel such as mounts.
    Bind Rahu, alternate in Kur. Mushroom bind in New Prestonbule. Only recall to NP from the Serbule mushroom circle. Use Mushroom Un-Recall to get back to Serb from Rahu or any other mushroom circle. If you use wizard's shroom with pixie's parasol and black foot morel's, you will be able to get back to serb all you need. If you're wanting to get back to serb more than 4x a session, carry more types of shrooms for more un-recall.

Thread Footer