Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It Was Nice For The First 20 Minutes ...

And now I am very annoyed.

Been 30 minutes searching ... no joke ... and my husband and I cannot find the entrance to the dang sewers outside Serbule. We have been told it is NE of the town by a lake.

I searched around 2 lakes, touched every crystal and portal I can find ...

No clues in Journal or minimap.

I like me some exploring like in EverQuest, but this is ridiculous. Have the Favor giver mark it on your minimap or something. UGH.

About to give up soon and stop playing a bit.

EDIT: There was a player nice enough to guide us to the spot. A portal underwater unable to be seen unless you were right there.

So yes, please have the Favor giver at least give directions in some regard. Even EverQuest did that, and that is what it feels this game wants to be.
    Last edited by AngelTerri; 01-21-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to find. You're not looking in the right place.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

It's not easy to find, and took me awhile the first time, too. And when they changed the maps.

Since no location is essential to find, if you don't find a place, don't worry about it. Someone will help you (or you'll stumble over it) eventually.
    Last edited by Crissa; 01-21-2018 at 09:05 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Project: Gorgon Alpha. I would encourage you to utilize your resources starting with the Testing Guide. As for in-game related resources, the Project: Gorgon Wiki is a fantastic resource. You can also utilize the in-game 'help' chat channel for additional assistance.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post

Since no location is essential to find, if you don't find a place, don't worry about it. Someone will help you (or you'll stumble over it) eventually.
    Yes, exactly that.

But I'd agree that the sewers are possibly too hard to find. At this point I know to look for the glowy blue thing under the water, but when I started out playing I had no idea that glowy blue stuff was an indication of a portal. I think I found the sewers long after the crypt, which is a bit backwards in terms of relative difficulty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the replies.

But that wasn't my point.

Example. If I go to an exterminator and ask to get mice taken care of, they will ask my address.

Same here. The Favor giver should have at least given some information where the sewers are. Such as "There is a portal that the mages had made to the sewers some time ago. You can find it in the lake near the city."

That's it. No hand holding or golden lines. Just basic info in the journal then I go explore. Heck the Favor giver gave me info on where the cemetary was!!

@Silvonis - That was the first thing I was made to read when joining the forums. And the Wiki? Eh ... seems hand holding to me.

Hopefully you all understand what I am getting at.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that. It's a known issue but not one we're going to fix immediately. We'll do another round of revisions on favor descriptions when we've finalized the terrain and locations. In the past, we've changed locations and forgotten to fix descriptions in one place or another, and honestly, giving WRONG directions is about a million times worse than giving vague directions. So until we've got things more solidified, this sort of polish will have to wait. But it will come eventually. In the mean time, use the wiki if you're stuck. It's not cheating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Sorry about that. It's a known issue but not one we're going to fix immediately. We'll do another round of revisions on favor descriptions when we've finalized the terrain and locations. In the past, we've changed things and forgotten to fix descriptions in one place or another, and honestly, giving WRONG directions is about a million times worse than giving vague directions. So until we've got things more solidified, this sort of polish will have to wait. But it will come eventually. In the mean time, use the wiki if you're stuck. It's not cheating.
    That's all I need to know, that it isn't something that is being ignored.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I think I found the sewers long after the crypt, which is a bit backwards in terms of relative difficulty.
    Me too, but I was feigning that the water was difficult to swim in. Also I picked up the quests in the reverse order.

I kinda miss the sewer-related structures that were above the water on the far side of the bay. They helped me find it, and were kinda confusing, but... In the map realign, the big trees and stone blocks were lost to the mouth of the bay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I’m trying to find these ‘spider caves’ so I can go back to the tutorial island. I don’t see such labeled caves on the wiki and all people tell me in Help chat is they are in the hills.

There are 4 sides to the map and 3 have hills in them. Can you understand my frustration? Are they called something else on the Wiki? Are people just trolling?

I’m all for exploring and I’ve played my share of MMOs since EQ and Horizon first came out back in 2000 time or so. No wiki or guides then. No handholding either. But getting a headache from this sucks. I want to enjoy the game as I like what it’s trying to do but meh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelTerri View Post
    Right now I’m trying to find these ‘spider caves’ so I can go back to the tutorial island. I don’t see such labeled caves on the wiki and all people tell me in Help chat is they are in the hills.

There are 4 sides to the map and 3 have hills in them. Can you understand my frustration? Are they called something else on the Wiki? Are people just trolling?

I’m all for exploring and I’ve played my share of MMOs since EQ and Horizon first came out back in 2000 time or so. No wiki or guides then. No handholding either. But getting a headache from this sucks. I want to enjoy the game as I like what it’s trying to do but meh.
    You can take the boat back to the island, or you can return from the exit portal in Serbule Hills. The wiki has a map with a mark for "exit from anagoge" -- http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/F...bule_Hills.png

Thread Footer