Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: old animation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old animation

there away to switch old animation ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the animations have been replaced.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the old teleport animation was better :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weilan View Post
    I started playing with the new animations and I don't see why the old ones should still be available, it defeats the purpose of the new ones' existence.
    Maybe because the "new" ones ROOT and SLOW the char in place while doing the entire animation, so an INSTANT spell becomes a 2 seconds cast time with ROOT/SLOW effect (idk which cause I quit game cause of that, just saw the other day some update that they said you would be slowed down instead of completly rooted LOL).
    Oh also, if you arent facing the target EXACTLY, add a special effect on every cast (at least from fire): "you will spin for 2 seconds and be rooted for another 2 seconds while doing the 'casting fireball' animation". An INSTANT spell.

Maybe, just maybe, thats why he wants the old animations?

I just check forums every now and then to see if they figure out how combat got awful with this nonsense (at least for fire/priest); meanwhile I will keep looged off so I just wont login and AFK complaining in chat about combat nerf and how every single person in my guild just logs in to AFK also. That way devs wont count my login time as "playing time" and it becomes more evident that people quit cause of combat nerf.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The original post came long before we changed movement speed, so that is definitely not why the original poster wanted the old animations.

My understanding is you haven't even *tried* our recent efforts to find a middle ground. We've continued to tweak these systems in each update, and we aren't done.

The bottom line is that we get feedback about poor animation quality often from new players, and we just absolutely must fix that. It also is just untenable programming-wise: monsters and pets cannot keep up with you if you're moving at literally 30 m/s while fighting. I realize it was a nerf. I'm sorry I couldn't address this sooner and it took YEARS before we could get to fixing it. But that'll happen several more times before launch: lots of stuff needs to nerfed and a lot needs to be buffed.

That doesn't mean we've just arbitrarily decided our first solution was the best! We've been working on different approaches to meet all these different requirements. And I'd appreciate your help in figuring out that compromise game, one that looks good AND feels good. But the feedback you've given me here just says "I REFUSE TO EVEN CONSIDER COMPROMISE. MAKE MY GAME MY WAY OR I QUIT." It's not helpful to me.
    Last edited by Citan; 12-01-2021 at 01:46 AM.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinne View Post
    Maybe because the "new" ones ROOT and SLOW the char in place while doing the entire animation, so an INSTANT spell becomes a 2 seconds cast time with ROOT/SLOW effect (idk which cause I quit game cause of that, just saw the other day some update that they said you would be slowed down instead of completly rooted LOL).
    Oh also, if you arent facing the target EXACTLY, add a special effect on every cast (at least from fire): "you will spin for 2 seconds and be rooted for another 2 seconds while doing the 'casting fireball' animation". An INSTANT spell.

Maybe, just maybe, thats why he wants the old animations?

I just check forums every now and then to see if they figure out how combat got awful with this nonsense (at least for fire/priest); meanwhile I will keep looged off so I just wont login and AFK complaining in chat about combat nerf and how every single person in my guild just logs in to AFK also. That way devs wont count my login time as "playing time" and it becomes more evident that people quit cause of combat nerf.
    It would be more helpful if you tried to propose a solution, a middle ground, or even just a way for the system to work that wouldn't revert to the old system but would be an improvement to your perceived flaws to the current system.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A suggestion if you like fire/priest is to try Spirit Fox/Priest. Fox has a lot of fire mods that affect priest, and can be set up to do almost all fire with their own attacks. Works just fine solo, no group needed.

No animation problems, fluffy tail, illusions, no animal speech problems, and you can have a very fast movement speed at all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only animation I have problem with so far is 'Positive Attitude' for moving fast. It used to be when I casted it, I would not stop but would instantly cast it. But now when I cast it, I am stopped, I then do a clap-clap-clap-clap then raise both arms in air and then it is finished, it takes 1 to 2 seconds to do this. Maybe if you removed the clapping, it might better and faster. I do like Hammer's 'Leaping smash' animation, I think ratkins were doing it before you added it to hammer skill. What I dont like is I will use leaping smash to stun a ratkin and while being stunned, the ratkin will stun me, and also the stun I gave him is shorter than the stun he gave me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I appreciate Citan and Silvonis taking the time to read and reply, so I decided to elaborate and try to help with my player experience feedback, removing the ranting and "I QUIT" thing.

A long time ago, yes, I used to be able to kite and solo some elites, even when Fae Realm came out, at the first update, I managed to kite some of the elite droaches if I was really careful and patient (as fire/ice or fire/priest)... then some update came up, and mostly all elites kinda stun from far or slowed me, but, it was still ok, playable, it was something changed to make soloing harder and I understand.

But with the update that made sort of a "casting time" and rooting or slowing in place - for the INSTANT spells -, in special with the fire skill, it was game breaking (for me), because it was not like I was soloing everything; I wasn't 1 shotting elites, not even regular mobs from latest maps. Actually, I could never even solo Manticores as fire/whatever, cause we just get 3-4 hitted. At the same time, some other combat skills can solo a lot of elites, like Staff/shield with a ton of mitigation and just stand still casting stuff and not taking much damage, but it didn't seem to "break AI", only my instant fireballs from a squishy mage did (/sarcasm). In a way, it was fun, then it wasn't, and I truly don't think my playing pace was "AI breaking", far from that. Even when kiting, I was just a squishy cloth wearer.

Also, when this change came (the slow/root while animating), it did not effect every combat skill as it seems, because a lot of other players didn't notice any change, neither I when changing specs, so I guess it was focused to some specific ones, not a global thing... know the feeling of doing a dungeon with your inventory -1? That's how I feel when playing now, combat-wise.

I hope it was useful as a feedback, more then the previous ranting posts I did earlier. PG will always be special to me.
    Best regards

**EDIT**

I gave it a try 2 days ago... and combat is a lot smoother again, not as it was, but I don't get to rotate slowly anymore neither get rooted on ground! Just a bit slowed but it doesn't last forever, so its not a game break anymore. Not sure when they tweaked it, but it doesn't matter, I'm playing again and having fun, as before... well I had to leave my review in order to be fair!

Thanks a lot to the devs... best regards!
    Last edited by Katrinne; 12-28-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Thread Footer