Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Druid skill combination?

Fairly new to the game and want to make sure i understand the restrictions on when you choose to become druid. From what i can tell you can still train in every skill, but not all skills can combo with Druid.

• No skills with metal weapons in main hand while using druid skill
    • No skills with non Druid shape shifting forms while using druid skill
    • when druid event is going on you don't get XP until the event is over.
    • some NPC's won't talk with you while in shape shifted form

To me it sounds like the only big downside is the druid event interrupting you while doing other activities.

Does it sounds like i got the restrictions right?
    How often do druid events happen?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadderung View Post
    Fairly new to the game and want to make sure i understand the restrictions on when you choose to become druid. From what i can tell you can still train in every skill, but not all skills can combo with Druid.

• No skills with metal weapons in main hand while using druid skill
    • No skills with non Druid shape shifting forms while using druid skill
    • when druid event is going on you don't get XP until the event is over.
    • some NPC's won't talk with you while in shape shifted form

To me it sounds like the only big downside is the druid event interrupting you while doing other activities.

Does it sounds like i got the restrictions right?
    How often do druid events happen?
    Let's see if we can cover this:

"No skills with metal weapons in main hand while using druid skill"
    This is mostly true, because most wooden items that allow druid are main-hand items anyway (for humanoid forms). The only offhand exception I can think of at the moment would be a wooden bow.

"No skills with non Druid shape shifting forms while using druid skill"
    Along with deer, cows and spiders can be druids too! This is accomplished by wearing wooden harnesses or shoes, depending on the beast form. However, there are some beast forms that are not compatible with druid, like pig, giant bat and lycan.

"when druid event is going on you don't get XP until the event is over."
    Mostly true. When a druid emergency is in progress, you cannot earn combat or crafting xp. Not all skills fall into one of these categories. For example, you can earn gardening xp when an event is active.

"
    some NPC's won't talk with you while in shape shifted form"​
    True. This applies to all beast forms (druid and non-druid) and non-humanoid illusions (bird forms).

Hope this helps!
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are also wooden necklaces and wooden belts that allow you to use druid, making your weapon choice irrelevant as well.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure to understand.
    so you can equip any weapon if you equipped wooden neck or belt.
    but are you able to use skill like sword or knife with druid skill in this case please ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tielan_Maudwyn View Post
    not sure to understand.
    so you can equip any weapon if you equipped wooden neck or belt.
    but are you able to use skill like sword or knife with druid skill in this case please ?
    Druid do not prevent you from using metal weapons, or skills associated with those weapons. It just requires you to carry wooden equipement somewhere on your person. (Its the same deal as with necromancy and priest, both of which require special equipment to use they skills). Most common wooden equipment are weapons - staffs and clubs, both of which are main hand weapons. I tested with many different bows, and couldn't find any that would count as wooden.

If you are in animal form, weapons you carry do not count towards unlocking skills(with one exception). Thats why, to unlock skills like Druid or Necromancy/Priest you need equipment that goes somewhere on your body (since our weaposn magically dissaper, or are fused into our limbs when we transform. Or some other magic bullshit). I personally never saw wooden neckle, and only belt I knwo of is harness for spiders. Deers have shoes, and I think cows too? Not 100% sure on that last one.

So, while it is technically possible to use druid with knife, or sword, I never found peace of equipment that woudl allow this. Naturally, you could still use sword with some other skill, even after becoming druid.
    Last edited by cr00cy; 10-16-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    Let's see if we can cover this:

"No skills with metal weapons in main hand while using druid skill"
    This is mostly true, because most wooden items that allow druid are main-hand items anyway (for humanoid forms). The only offhand exception I can think of at the moment would be a wooden bow.

"No skills with non Druid shape shifting forms while using druid skill"
    Along with deer, cows and spiders can be druids too! This is accomplished by wearing wooden harnesses or shoes, depending on the beast form. However, there are some beast forms that are not compatible with druid, like pig, giant bat and lycan.

"when druid event is going on you don't get XP until the event is over."
    Mostly true. When a druid emergency is in progress, you cannot earn combat or crafting xp. Not all skills fall into one of these categories. For example, you can earn gardening xp when an event is active.

"
    some NPC's won't talk with you while in shape shifted form"​
    True. This applies to all beast forms (druid and non-druid) and non-humanoid illusions (bird forms).

Hope this helps!

Thank you Mrwarp, very helpful

Thread Footer