Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhawkas View Post
    Do folks think there should be more reasons to have multiple characters? Maybe stuff like becoming a druid where it impacts a character more than just learning a skill? Mutually exclusive skills (like if you become a vampire you can't become a priest or something)?
    I prefer to have everything in one place on one character, and it is really how I play most MMOs.

I don't mind doing alts if near everything is account bound, and since so much here is driven by individual character's skill and favor, it becomes a tough thing to tackle. At that point I'd rather just change my weapon type or skill lines and work towards that on the same character.

The skill system is excellent here too, you really can do so much without getting pinned down to one particular thing!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really good how there are 't really any hard classes, with exception of druid and lycan which you must choose and can't opt out of the consequeneces.

I decided to have 3 characters. One for druid, one for lycan and one for eveything else. The trouble is that you are (I am) complelled to level some of the same craft skills on each, and it is too time consuming. You don't have to get all skills on each, but it just seems quite akward if you don't. For example you probably want skinning and tanning on each. Gardening and carpentry are an unlock or input for other skills, so for this reason I no-longer player lycan, and perhaps I will drop down to one character at some point. So I would recommend you stick with just one character.

This is roughly speaking what I have in terms of combat skills on each. Most are to level 50 to try out, others higher. Mostly all diffrent skils on each around a theme.
    1. fire/ice/necro/staff/AH/psychology/knife
    2. archery/druid/bard/mentalism/staff switching to hammer
    3. wolf/ua at low level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    It is really good how there are 't really any hard classes, with exception of druid and lycan which you must choose and can't opt out of the consequeneces.

I decided to have 3 characters. One for druid, one for lycan and one for eveything else. The trouble is that you are (I am) complelled to level some of the same craft skills on each, and it is too time consuming. You don't have to get all skills on each, but it just seems quite akward if you don't. For example you probably want skinning and tanning on each. Gardening and carpentry are an unlock or input for other skills, so for this reason I no-longer player lycan, and perhaps I will drop down to one character at some point. So I would recommend you stick with just one character.

This is roughly speaking what I have in terms of combat skills on each. Most are to level 50 to try out, others higher. Mostly all diffrent skils on each around a theme.
    1. fire/ice/necro/staff/AH/psychology/knife
    2. archery/druid/bard/mentalism/staff switching to hammer
    3. wolf/ua at low level
    If may offer some advice with regards to the basic gathering skills.

First you can very quickly level up gardening on all of your characters simply by getting them to 35 and then learning the Sift Through Grass skill from the suspicious cow.

Also turning grass into Barley seeds is an amazingly fast way to level up favor with anyone that will take seeds as you can quickly pick up a stack of grass in no time at all in Etibule.

Both my main and my first alt are currently capped at 50 in gardening and I probably have enough materials to level another alt to 50 in gardening in just a couple of hours.

I currently skin everything and send all mats from my alt to my main to level up tanning. When the tanning is at its max I will reverse this and send all materials to my alt and have him craft them to level up tanning.

As for Textiles I will only level it up on one character as it seems a waste to level it up on a second character.

The other thing that I am leveling up on all of my characters is fishing because starting at 35 in fishing you can unlock 4 hour fishing poles and then all you need to do is stock your alts with enough materials to craft 30 poles and log into them just long enough to collect their poles and plant new poles down then once a week you can dump the fish onto your main character for food making and use the fish scales for alchemy and other skills that use them.

There are also some NPC's in rahu that are linked together so that when you gain favor with one you lose the same amount with the other. Since I am going to have two main characters I will eventually have them learn from one or the other NPC so that I don't have to juggle favor with both NPC's.
    Last edited by askjosh; 05-24-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Thread Footer