Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #51
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you are getting a crash when switching zones, please try running the patcher again (the shortcut version, with the extra command-line parameter you added) and using the "Validate Installation" option before starting the game. (It's under the "More..." button.) Then see if you can still reproduce the crash. The log file I've received makes it look like a bad install. Not sure how that would happen but the Validate Install feature will help rule that out. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cosmetic: Not getting a sound effect with auguries, either good or bad effects.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Update: There is a confirmed bug in the launcher that can result in corrupt downloads in a few specific situations, and this build is one of them! You NEED to use the "Validate Installation" button after you finish patching. This will correct the problem. Otherwise, you can suffer from weird random issues, including audio drop outs, crashes when loading into certain areas, and missing monster graphics.

We'll have a new version of the launcher ready soon -- in the mean time, when switching between this version and the "live" version, use the Validate Installation button to make sure your install is correct! (Here's how: when you see the "Play" button in the launcher, don't click it; instead click "More...", then "Validate Installation". When it's done, you're all set and can press Play.)

This apples to both Windows and Mac users. The linux launcher doesn't suffer from this bug as far as I know.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: My screenshot hotkeys aren't working. This might be Linux specific since Shieldbreaker had a screenshot above. I've tried both the existing Ctrl-P and Ctrl-Shift-P for regular and high res screenshots and then setting a new shift-F10 keybind for a regular screenshot, and none of those generated any *.png files anywhere under my home directory. This definitely worked under the old UI as recently as last week.

Bug: I had the group health/armor/power bars go black on me a few times again. The way to reproduce that seems to be that I zone into Kur Tower first, then my party member zones into Kur Tower after me and their bars start out black. This happened both with the compact and the regular party UI; we repeated it about 3 times tonight and it also happened last night. Oddly enough, this seems to be specific to Kur Tower - it definitely did not happen in the Yeti Cave, and I've also not noticed it in outdoor zones at all. My party member was under attack when he zoned into Kur Tower, but I'm pretty certain that was also the case in the Yeti Cave.
    Toggling the party UI from compact to regular or vice versa will cause the bars to display with the correct colors again and stay that way.

Bug: When auto-repeating giant phrenology recipes, the first completed recipe showed 20xp in the chat tab, but none of the subsequent recipe completions showed xp.

Possible bug: I was dead at the time my group killed Grottofang, and my chat tab did not show my notoriety xp gain which I think I should have gotten since when I looked at my skills later, I had a notoriety info update that said I killed Grottofang 1 time now. On second thought, I'm not sure whether I saw my combat skill gains either - I thought I did, but it could have been xp from an earlier kill since it was just 62/62...

Possible bug or quite possible user error: I'm about 70% sure that the completed quest "Cave Mummies" did not show up under "Gazluk Dungeons" in my quest log. I was looking at the quest log earlier and saw the completed Puke Sweetener quest under Gazluk, but not the mummies, so I figured I'd already turned it in. Then, when I actually talked to Mox, I completed the quest. It is however quite possible that I just did not see the quest in the log.

Cosmetic: I had my mouse cursor get stuck on the <-> shape twice tonight, like I was trying to drag a window sideways. Moving it over a window that I could actually drag sideways made the cursor revert to its normal shape. I am not sure what caused the stuck shape either time.

Cosmetic: Sometimes when selling, I get a weird tinkling sound that lasts for several seconds which seems too long. Usually, I just get a short sound when selling.

Feedback: It would be nice to have a compact display for myself as well as for my party members. I had turned on the compact party GUI, and I actually wasn't noticing my own health go down since the bars were in a different position and in a different shape than the bars of the other group members.

Feedback: It was taking me a very long time to scroll through all my skills to locate my current combat skills and switch out an ability. To reduce the scrolling, I'd suggest having either separate lists for combat skills and non-combat skills, or to have a special mini menu that only shows the two currently equipped combat skills + general special abilities. I think I'd prefer the second - often, I just want to look at the possibilities for my two current skills, and I really don't care about the abilities of the other 20 combat skills I don't plan on using right now.

Feedback: Wow, there's a lot of stuff in the new UI! I'm still getting used to it, but I do like it a lot. I noticed the quest log sorting by zone for the fist time tonight and that's a really neat idea. I also really like the way a skill's abilities are now displayed.

Not a bug for me: I did 3 mushroom circle teleportations and was fine, so it looks like the Linux launcher does not have the bug the other launchers had (or I'm lucky.)
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-22-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    After Validate Installation, launcher redid 50 files. Serbule day/night cycle is now working.

update: okay, rechecked completely Validated on launch. But it may have stopped work the day/night switch. But it worked the first time I went in after doing the Validate. Have to test more.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 11-23-2017 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Have to test more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: When taking to a NPC with storage. If i go into storage before going into shop. The bar on the right side of the window does not allow me to move thru my storage (I have no bar). If i go straight into shop, the bar will appear like normal.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalewj View Post
    Bug: When taking to a NPC with storage. If i go into storage before going into shop. The bar on the right side of the window does not allow me to move thru my storage (I have no bar). If i go straight into shop, the bar will appear like normal.
    Weird, I can't reproduce this one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windows 10

Cosmetic- Italics in npc doesn't display properly. i.e. fluffkin has dialogue with <i> sigh </i>

Cosmetic-Buying anything from a buy back tab jump you to the top of the list,real easy to accidentally buy other stuff if you were trying to just buy a couple of the same thing.

Cosmetic-Sometimes when you teleport from one area to another the paper doll in the persona tab blacks out the character displayed.

Bug-Gui scaling on inventory icon size resets when you log out.

Bug-Can't easily add the trade channel back onto a tab if you deleted the one you start with.

Bug-Some items flash their rarity and others don't,still real easy to miss loot if you aren't vigilant.

Bug-Other party members don't show on your map/minimap.(Edit-seems to be borked just in serbule.)

(Edit)The lack of an ability queue is a bit off putting in combat also.(Edit 2)Sometimes the queue works and sometimes it doesn't,a bit odd there.

(Edit 2)Bug-Turns out Nearby chat replaces anything you put in it,hard to follow a conversation in nearby as things other players say replaces their old text with the new text they write.

(Edit 2)Bug-The dance prompts come super fast and show the same dance prompt twice in a row.There's no feedback on if you did the move right.

(Edit 3)Bug-Can't change the programing on Superior Golem.The program golem button flashes the program golem menu on the screen for maybe a second and then it closes itself right after.The rest of the golems have the program menu open as normal.
    Last edited by OpieFisher; 11-27-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: After doing a log out on one character and logging in on another, the second character is able to see work orders (and quests) in their log that belong to the initial character and not themselves. This seems to be the same problem that ShieldBreaker already reported, I just wanted to mention that it also occurs for work orders for me. Quitting the game completely also clears up the problem for me.

Bug: I am unable to change the quantity of salt/flour/sugar that I buy from Fainor to be anything other than multiples of 5. If I type in a 2 instead of 5, it will reset to 5 as soon as I click out of the quantity text field. If I type in a 10 instead of 5, it will remain at 10.

Cosmetic: The recipe window appears to be only draggable from the right pane - when I try to click and drag the left pane with the list of skills and recipes, my window doesn't move. Clicking on the left pane to bring the window to the foreground if it's partially hidden by another window also doesn't seem to work. ( I think this is because clicking to foreground/dragging only works on a window's title, but since the recipe window title is only over the right-pane, the left-pane doesn't really work for that. It just feels a bit weird since the left pane is a pretty large area.)

Feedback: I really like it that when clicking on the Crafting icon, the game now always remembers my last used skill and recipe, even between zoning and logging out. I wonder, would it be possible to also remember the last used recipe for non-current skills? For example, let's say I'm in the Cooking skill, select Ur-Bacon and discover that Ur-Bacon needs cedar wood chips. I then switch to Carpentry and make the wood chips. It would be really nice if switching back to Cooking now brought me back to the Ur-Bacon recipe directly rather than starting at the beginning of the Cooking recipe list and needing to scroll back down to find Ur-Bacon in my long list.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-23-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwind View Post
    Bug: My map pins flipped vertically on the map. I am somewhat new so I had the portal to serbule hills marked, and it is now at the very top, by the dock.
    I think this is happening on all the maps. I'm seeing the same behavior myself on all maps I've checked so far: Kur, Ilmari and Serbule.

Thread Footer