Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Plus extra saddlebags for extra storage capacity."

Does this mean that our mount will have storage, and these saddlebags will be a unique form of extra storage on our mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    And it offers "a pair of breeding tigers of high genetic quality." I have no idea what's involved in that but it sounds awesome.
    It means that all of the animal handling animals we've raised so far are worthless. Or that we get to ride tigers.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current plan is to try crossing tigers with horses to get the best of both worlds.

When looking at the packages in the Gorgon Shop, I often found myself wondering whether a shop item is available through the shop only or can also be earned in game. See also Jester's question in the other thread about housing. It might be nice if the Shop made that explicit, just so players can make an informed decision? Maybe just flag all shop-only items with an asterisk or something like that?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it's not too late for suggestions, something that I would like to see would be cosmetic items being available both in the store and unlockable through game. Whether it hurts sales or not is a big grey area, but it would appease players who are heavily against spending money for cosmetic items.

Just as an example, in Ragnarok Online, there are a lot of private servers that offer two ways to collect hats (Which were an extremely important status symbol!). The first option was to just buy it in the cash shop, and the second option was to typically do some sort of quest to get one. Usually the quest to get the hat was really long and drawn out, requiring tons of effort. However, because the hats were (typically) cosmetic, this actually made everyone happy.

If you were someone who just wanted the hat right now in order to look good, you could just buy it on the store.
    If you were someone who wanted the hat but didn't want to pay, you would feel good about yourself upon getting it after all the effort you put into the quest.

For me, some of my favorite parts of these kinds of games was putting in the work and effort to unlock these items myself, because when I looked at my character I could see all the work I put into making myself look that good. Sure, 90% of the other people I see with similar items probably just bought it, but I EARNED it.

Of course I can totally understand why you might not want to do this, because it could result in lost sales and as far as I know there's no real studies to see its effects on profit. Maybe some people who would have bought it will do the quest instead since there's a free alternative, or maybe people who wouldn't pay get turned off from the effort required to unlock it and just end up buying it. Maybe the people who unlock the hat via the quest are walking advertisements that motivate other people to buy the item. I think it would make the game more enjoyable for myself and other people who don't like cosmetics being only available via money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most games seem to put a lot of things that you would think could be crafted with in-game skills into the shop. I hope PG does not go that direction, or at least does it sparingly.
    Custom effects for abilities is one thing that would be cool in the shop. Path of exile does that. Its a good non advantage item.
    I am also not particularly happy about some of the items from the indiegogo campaign appearing in the new shop packages.
    +The ability to spontaneously create special snack cakes (20 per week).
    +Staff of Leadership: this unique item helps you command the respect of those around you.
    IMO this was one of the perks of backing early, and new unique items should have been created for this round.
    I hope future packages are also completely different content as if someone has already bought an earlier package, there is not enough new things to entice them to buy more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    Also just another random idea, but I would love to see the ability to customize our equipment some more like the name/icon/etc. I know you can inscribe items and such, but I always found it kinda silly that you're stuck with a name like "Pig milker's breastplate of your mother's blue balls" or something. It's not really a huge selling point or anything, so maybe it can just be a bonus attached to a VIP subscription?
    I really like this idea Yaffy. As crafters we have a lot of time and mats invested in what we produce. As I've stated before I'm very particular about the visuals of the staff that each of my mains use.

Plus I think that it would be a nice bone to offer to we crafters at heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest if ideas keep getting shot down ingame whenever discussion ingame is made on this, might as well make mandatory monthly fee to keep playing when people say pockets and cool cosmetics are pay2win and debate further that cosmetics are not the route to go, what route is there to go

PS: Yes this comment is said out of spite but godam people keep nitpicking you cant run a game on solely on charity
    PSv2: This ever becomes the case I'm perma quitting

Also fun fact of the f***** day irl is Pay2Win

Thread Footer