Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As president of the Teleport Deniers Club of Gorgon (TPDCG) all i have to say is UGH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tutorial island does not have map fog, because we couldn't decide if it was too overwhelming for newbies or if it actually helped. (Your opinion is desired.) The dungeon on the newbie island DOES have map fog, however.
    I *strongly* believe that Tutorial Island should have fog for a number of reasons:

1. Increase the excitement and spirit of exploration for those who value that sort of thing
    2. As mentioned earlier, having map fog helps you retrace your steps
    3. Give new players a reason to explore even if they are not normally into it.
    4. Send a message to new players that this game is not afraid to break the mold of paper cutout games that are dime a dozen these days.
    5. Encourage experienced players to come back to the starter island for maxing cartography and expose new players to a taste of whats to come by observing these experienced players. Also, afford the opportunity for older players to engage with new ones when normally they may not have a reason to engage them.
    6. Convey the game's fun philosophy of there being a skill for everything (even just walking around).

That's all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by ShubiMaja; 02-17-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to point out, that I agree that the size/quantity of the semi-transparent area blocks revealed by walking might need fine tuning. (at times it feels a tiny bit messy/tedious right now)
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just adding another quick vote for having map fog on Anagoge. If I was starting out, I'd love map fog so I'd know what I've already explored and which areas I've missed. Having the fog may not make it quite as clear that it's an island, but I think it will actually make finding things easier.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Map fog on Anagoge - where the map itself is of less importance, and raw exploring is something you need to do - would be good to teach newbies about the mechanics.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm for leaving Anagoge free of fog. There are already many things one needs to learn to grasp how the game works, the fog can come later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also advocate no fog on Anagoge. The learning curve is already quite steep for new players and the fog could be very frustrating for people just starting to understand the UI.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not usre about for on Anagoge... i think it could go either way, but im lenaign slighty more towards fogged option.

Also, i think fog on explorable area should have different color than parts that are behind edges of map. As it is, its sometiem hard to judge if i explored to the edge of map, or no. Especially on low map zoom.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cr00cy I was thinking the same thing. Something making the edge of the zone where you bounce a slightly different tone, or a sharp edge, or a different kind of edge or a more parchment color... I don't want to give things away, but I do like to know when I'm about to hit the bounding box.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post

Like all the new Durstin Tallow stuff.
    Yes, just did those quests and they are fun. And a nice newbie navigation help, too, I think.

(Now, will half orcs be a playable race? )

Thread Footer