Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    A guildie with 60 Sword/Ment said he had problems with Surveying in South Serbule. The goblins zerged him down. At 60/60 in a newbie zone, is that supposed to be a problem?
    If they are just running through carrying mobs, it's possible.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've died in Serbule Hills mostly to mobs ending up on top of me, either in the water or those little huts... I'm not sure how it happened, though. Mostly it's an inability to target well that a better UI would serve.

But getting trapped in the water because something ended up on top of you is awkward.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since last week I have played my new character a few times; I also felt stuck with an overflowing inventory and I cheated by going to Serbule to sell some stuff;

I further cheated there by buying a saw, a good skinning knife and an organ knife.

I returned to Serbule Hills to do some questing and level my gathering skills; Once my inventory was once again overflowing I tried to get some favor with several NPC but was mostly unsuccesfull. After some effort I have unlocked some very limited storage with the Baroness; Paul's chest seems beyond me;

After going to Serbule the difference in the amount of storage available and the vendors available was obvious.
    Serbule Hills
    - has no Storage (at Neutral when you enter the zone)
    - there are less vendors
    - the vendors have a lower 'money per item' amount (usually 50)
    - the total amount of money per vendor is also lower (2500 per vendor)
    - total over all vendor : 7000 ? (or did I miss one ?)
    (and Sammy, who buys the 'valuable' gear and jewelry has only 2500)

- is seems much more difficult to raise favor with NPC's

Serbule
    - has 54 slots of inventory (over several NPC) - at Neutral
    - there are more vendors
    - the vendors have a higher 'money per item' amount (usually 100)
    - the total amount of money per vendor is higher (2500 or 5000)
    - total over all vendors : 27.000
    (and the gear can be sold to Joeh, Elahil and Larsan - 12.500 in total)
    - since a lot of the important NPC's have favor items that are (among others) Food items, they seem much easier to raise

------------------------------------------
    Serbule Hills:

=== Durstin Tallow ===
    sell items : max per item : 50 / money available 2500 (for food and mushroom items)
    Training : Cooking
    Small Talk / Favor items likes/loves : No items that are easily available to new players
    Storage : N/A

=== Tyler Green ===
    Sell items : N/A
    Storage: none at Neutral
    Small Talk / Favor items likes/loves :Items that require some effort and/or luck to get (Shields ; repair kits ; Citrus Fruit)

=== Paul Vaughn ===
    Sell items : only wood and Carpentry items (thus not a big help)
    Storage : none at Neutral (BTW I am guessing you need Pauls favor to get storage in the chest)
    Small Talk / Favor items likes/loves :Items that require significant effort and/or luck to get (perfect wood ; Desserts)
    Note: desserts may look easy; but the better Cooking recipes are locked behind Durstin's 'impossible to improve' favor

=== Baroness Marith Fegard ===
    sell items : a high limit per item - total money pool : 2000
    Storage : none at Neutral (12 ? at Comfortable)
    Small Talk / Favor items likes/loves : Items that require some effort and/or luck to get

=== Sammie Grimspine ===
    sell items : 50 max per item - 2500 total limit
    Storage N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Serbule :

=== Fainor (mentioned first since he's the Cooking trainer) ===
    sell items : 50 per item - 2500 limit
    Favor items : food and food ingredient : easy to obtain and create
    note : some training recipes (example Strawberry bowl) are available with Fainor without getting favor; but are locked with Durstin

=== Joeh ===
    sell items : 100 per item - 5000 limit (for gear)
    Favor items: meat (example bacon) easy to get - Swords, shields require some luck
    Storage at neutral : 24 slots for gear

=== Elahil ===
    sell items : 100 per item - 5000 limit (for gear)

=== Marna ===
    sell items : a high limit per item - total money pool : 2000
    Storage at Neutral : 12 slots (for everything)
    Favor items: veggy food is somewhat easy and reliable to get

=== Hulon ===
    Storage : 10 slots + 8 slots in account chest
    sell items: 100 per item - 5000 limit

=== Mushroom Jack: ===
    sell items : limit 2500 total

=== Larsan ===
    sell items : 100 per item - 5000 limit
    Favor : like rings and gems - some effort and luck required

=== Ivyn ===
    Storage at Neutral: none
    Favor : food is easy to obtain and make

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some how Citan's dev blog (August 5th) must have given me another impression

first quote: (regarding the rename)
    "But on the other hand, it's a newbie zone, and there's already a tremendous amount for newbies to learn."

second quote:
    "That connection is finally being added, giving newbies a second way off the island. Parts of Serbule Lowlands will be newbie-centric content, similar to what's in Serbule now (such as cooking recipes, vendors, etc.).

It'll probably take some iteration and feedback to make this new newbie-exit work well. There are so many little things that need to be learned, discovered, or unlocked, that it's very hard to make sure newbies find them all!

I expect having a second way to start your character will help a lot when there's more players, because not everybody will be driven to the exact same dungeons or to kill the same beasts at the same time. It also means that newbies will be learning slightly different sets of skills at first, so they can help each other more. Plus it's always nice to have different content to experience when starting an alt character."

and from srand August 28 release notes :
    "Serbule Hills used to called South Serbule, but there's a lot more here than just a name change. The zone has been completely redone to be more useful and intuitive for new players and to be more interesting in general.

PLEASE HELP US PLAY-TEST THIS NEW EXPERIENCE! Create a new character - you can use a guest account if you're out of character slots - and use the tunnel to reach Serbule Hills, then let us know how well it works for new players. Is it too hard? Missing something important? Let us know!"
    Last edited by jackybah; 09-03-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, it sounded more like a standalone newbie complex, with Serbule being your gate to content 20+, with some overlap. That's my assumption though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serbule favor is simple: Fainor will take any food; so you can give him trash food like fish or vegetables. Marna will take skins. Better skins, better favor. Jack Mushrooms. Better Mushrooms, better favor. They're all simple like that.

Wool is next to impossible to get, citrus is at least easier for higher levels now with trees, but... Desserts are impossible for lowbies and perfect wood is super rare. (although now that I know that... I have a use for perfect wood!)

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's a great detailed comparison, @jackybah. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Tagamogi has written much of what I was going to say I'll just post up some random thoughts.

I haven't had quite the same problems others have had regarding storage. I found the footlocker quite quickly and could access it straight away. Working favour with the other NPC's unlocks further storage in stages. Julius Patton tells you you can store stuff in his cellar (at Comfortable iirc) but no option on him or the bookcase appears which I have bugged.

For the record I have storage options with the Baroness, Sammie, Tyler and the footlocker on a 50's character. My lowest character has the footlocker and the Baroness.

Durstin Tallow's gifts for favour - figurines, ivory, calligraphy recipe scrolls - seem at odds with the drops in the zone. As he's the intro to cooking here and cooking is important for survival, gifts should be more approriate for the zone drops imo. Other than that gifts don't seem particularly out of whack. Wool is easier to come by (Lana), shields are okay although I had no idea where to get citrus when I first started playing (Tyler). If you're lucky, and have the councils, someone will have sold some to Durstin. Rappanel gifts drop/spawn in zone and for Jaime just start cooking then surveying. Lots of jewelry drops so that's the Baroness sorted although the drop rate seems weighted in favour of necklaces and she likes rings. Sammie and Julius both have appropriate gift options and most of the NPC's gift options help pull you into crafting if you wish to do so.

Anagoge definitely doesn't mesh well with Serbule Hills and players need a lead into Serbule Keep and make them aware that they are comparable zones, not a step up.

The spider cave is great and apart for an odd bugged ground spawn and the lever, I had no problems. The lever blends in too well with the floor and had me and others scratching our heads for a while. I did at first think maybe the Biting Vines were a bit too tough but on reflection they're fine.

The biggest problem I had was the goblins and to a much lesser extent, the Ranalon.

I've been running through Serbule Hills with various characters - 50's Fire/Shield, 40's Unarmed/Mentalist, 30's Knife/Psych and a teens Sword/Psych I created especially for the occasion. The 30's and the teen characters got swarmed to death by the goblins even trying to pull away single/duo mobs. The 50's and 40's characters survived but the goblins just kept coming to the point that their corpses were rotting before I could loot them. Which is frustrating when you're looking for body drop quest objectives. Their aggro/call for help range seems enormous and they repop quickly, a mechanic I know has been brought up in other threads regarding other zones.

Overall Serbule Hills is great and seeing it for the very first time as a new player should elicit some 'OMG, wow!'s. It needs some 'bedding in' between Anagoge and Serbule Keep but this is first pass after all. I have noticed some geometry issues apart from the obvious floating teleport pads etc which I was going to run around and bug when I get time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be nice if every SH NPC would often mention snotty towners in their fancy capital with market, boutiques, other Prodigies etc with detailed directions and warnings about dangerous mobs. And ofc more road signs, SH is former highly populated area after all.

Thread Footer