Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it will happen until 2020 at the earliest and realistically perhaps 2021 even. The development pace is simply too slow for everything they want to add for full release.

So look over the past year of development, as a prime example this lvl 40 hub they've been working on for 3 months. Now consider what they want for full release, 30 more lvls and the skills, orc, fairy, and dwarf zones, various dungeons they have to do, content that has to be tweaked, extra classes like vampire and weather witching, a weather system and graphics overhaul, and whatever else I missed.

I really hope they'll focus on VIP and cash shop though.. immediately.. then perhaps reconsider the games base price since $40 pushes away a lot of potential buyers, maybe $20. Alternatively they could turn anagoge into a trial. Either way I think they should focus on generating income and perhaps creating a studio and hiring some developers, then 1 year might be a realistic goal.
    Last edited by Kelemvor; 09-14-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemvor View Post
    whatever else I missed.
    Rideable mounts, Player Housing and other new systems that take time to implement, test and polish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the economy dies then let us switch from councils to the best currency form, Cotton! Give me all your Cotton!!!
    I will also accept your Strange Dirt, it shall be used to create more cotton to fuel my addiction. Thank You. Cotton!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it will happen until 2020 at the earliest and realistically perhaps 2021 even. The development pace is simply too slow for everything they want to add for full release.

So look over the past year of development, as a prime example this lvl 40 hub they've been working on for 3 months. Now consider what they want for full release, 30 more lvls and the skills, orc, fairy, and dwarf zones, various dungeons they have to do, content that has to be tweaked, extra classes like vampire and weather witching, a weather system and graphics overhaul, and whatever else I missed.

I really hope they'll focus on VIP and cash shop though.. immediately.. then perhaps reconsider the games base price since $40 pushes away a lot of potential buyers, maybe $20. Alternatively they could turn anagoge into a trial. Either way I think they should focus on generating income and perhaps creating a studio and hiring some developers, then 1 year might be a realistic goal.
    I doubt a graphics overhaul will be done. They may tweak your characters to make it look better rather than the... ridiculously ugly hue settings they got at the moment, but that's about all they can do unless they hire a few artists - which is going to be fairly expensive.

I really don't see them succeeding in their current projected release date.. Whatsoever.
    50 more levels, including in this the 20 synergy levels.
    That requires at least 10 more zones, not to mention the half-finished ones we have at the moment which needs to be completed by then.
    On top of those 10 zones comes more dungeons - a heck more dungeons and mini-dungeons.
    Not to forget that all crafting skills will need to be extended to 120 as well so you can actually.. craft the gear you need for those later levels. Not to mention that we're still lacking proper armor and weaponcrafting.
    Add to that the classes that are still missing (weather witching, vampirism etc)..
    As well as bugs that will need to be addressed...

Yeah.. That's going to be too tall an order for a 2 or even 3man team to finish in less than a year.

Realist projection would probably be somewhere around 1½ to 2 years from now with funding through VIP sub.
    Last edited by Ashreon; 09-17-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashreon View Post
    Yeah.. That's going to be too tall an order for a 2 or even 3man team to finish in less than a year.

Realist projection would probably be somewhere around 1½ to 2 years from now with funding through VIP sub.
    Yes and that is IF the developers won't introduce lots of new mechanics to the game. Adding new systems, polishing, fixing bugs, etc takes the most time, not raising the skill cap. People have already asked the developers to raise the skill cap to 100, because it kinda will be 100 anyway (plus extra 20-25 synergy levels), but the devs have said, that they don't want the players to grind the skill exp (lvls) to the cap using the low lvl recipes. Which brings us to the point, that raising the cap, even by introducing the new NPCs, is not really a time-consuming issue or a problem.

As Far as the zones go.. You don't need 10 new zones to raise the skill cap to 100. Some NPC's unlock the skill all the way from 0 up to 60-70, like Braigon in Eltibule and his Cheesemaking.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 09-17-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean they said they would add vampire before the offical realease but from what I heard they need 2 updates including a graphics update inless they try to cut corners I dont see how this game will be ready

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    I mean they said they would add vampire before the offical realease but from what I heard they need 2 updates including a graphics update inless they try to cut corners I dont see how this game will be ready
    Yes, I agree, it's true that the game most likely won't be ready for a full release by the Summer of 2019, but that is also not a problem. At all. The game will be still updated even after the release, possibly with more content, so there is no rush anyway, imo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    Now everyone stop selling gems prism wood and other mats and start leveling your own crafting skills money is now worthless
    Money has always been useless in game, other than as lubricant to facilitate skill/ability gains.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    Yes and that is IF the developers won't introduce lots of new mechanics to the game. Adding new systems, polishing, fixing bugs, etc takes the most time, not raising the skill cap. People have already asked the developers to raise the skill cap to 100, because it kinda will be 100 anyway (plus extra 20-25 synergy levels), but the devs have said, that they don't want the players to grind the skill exp (lvls) to the cap using the low lvl recipes. Which brings us to the point, that raising the cap, even by introducing the new NPCs, is not really a time-consuming issue or a problem.

As Far as the zones go.. You don't need 10 new zones to raise the skill cap to 100. Some NPC's unlock the skill all the way from 0 up to 60-70, like Braigon in Eltibule and his Cheesemaking.
    You need the zones to support the playerbase. There needs to be, a lot more zones to counter the amount of players or we'll all be standing around fiddling our thumbs while waiting for various types of respawns be it mobs to kill, stuff to forage etc.
    I still remember Serbule Crypt and how empty it was because 3 other people were in there killing stuff along with me and we were all burying the mobs just to get it to respawn at a decent rate .
    I mean, 2 people in Eltibule going for Oranges can remove all orange trees in a mere 30min, forget about getting Bananas or Guavas if there's already a person going for these in Sun Vale. Pask Plateau can only support 2 players at best, 1 if it is well-geared players. My grind spot in Gazluk can hardly keep up with Spruce respawns and that's just me running around, let alone mob respawns even if I bury. I have to make huge circles just to make sure I have stuff to kill and spruce to chop.
    If I farm for organs and cheap meat I have to do half a zone rotation just to make sure that I have stuff to kill when I get back to point A after having been through B, C, D, E and F. Heck I usually don't bother if there's others around because I know it will leave the area entirely empty.

Raising a cap is easy, creating and making sure that the abilities/new crafts which comes with the cap are balanced- is not.

It has nothing to do with skill unlocking. I don't know what possess you to think this .
    Last edited by Ashreon; 09-19-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashreon View Post
    You need the zones to support the playerbase. There needs to be, a lot more zones to counter the amount of players or we'll all be standing around fiddling our thumbs while waiting for various types of respawns be it mobs to kill, stuff to forage etc.

Raising a cap is easy, creating and making sure that the abilities/new crafts which comes with the cap are balanced- is not.

It has nothing to do with skill unlocking. I don't know what possess you to think this .
    I don't know, man, I can always find the monsters and stuff to forage, maybe it's the time of day I'm playin. If I want to farm wolves for skins and all the spots are not free, I'll go and farm some dinosaurs, no dinosaurs? There are always Snails. And everybody needs Snail Shells and Sinews for those work orders. There is no need to go to the extremes, there are always monsters in Gaz, outdoors, always. Yesterday I was in Gaz, Wolf's Cave in Gaz, Kur, Giant's Dungeon, etc and there always were monsters to kill and stuff to forage. Btw I was also mining in the Ilmari Desert and guess what.. Plenty of monsters there, granted the spawns are far from great, you have to run from monster to monster, but there were plenty of Manticores, Scorpions, Rakhasa, Grimalkins and Drakes + lemon trees and cactuses.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying, that from my personal experience it's very rare that I want to kill monsters and there are none in the game. Maybe, just maybe, it's not the lack of the spawns, but the fact that players only farm same 3-5 spots in the entire game? Makes sense though, you won't lvl 69-80 on panthers in Eltibule.

As far as the balance goes, well, it's a myth, no game is balanced, it doesn't exist. If you're gaming, you have to accept that rule. People are going to figure out the easiest/fastest/most overpowered way to play the game and do it. Years later patches come out with a nerf, buffs and reworks, but players just adjust to the next most powerful thing. It's not the PG, it's the way gaming works. So, I wouldn't worry much for the fine tune of the overall balance before the release of the game. Actually, all the "balancing" that took place so far, were the nerfs that took some fun out of the game.. Like most sprint speed bonus buffs only work out of combat.. and we still have no mounts.. just why, but well, whatever. Then the AOE nerf came in.. I don't care that much for AOE, but I saw people farming, clearing the entire respawn spots in Kur in under 2 minutes with fire and ice magic before.

So, the point is, the game is not ready yet, nothing is balanced, more nerfs, buffs and reworks will come, but it doesn't mean that we can't lvlup our crafts to 70+ atm, right?

P.S. Can't really blame people for willing to play the fastest/most efficient way though. Making the most out of your playing time or winning (if there is an option to win in the given game) is a natural need/goal for all the competetive players, and I would even say, for most organized adults. A perfect example of people playing the most efficient way possible are the mules/2nd and 3rd accounts just to store all that stuff and bypass the limited storage.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 09-19-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Thread Footer