Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Gaining knowledge" doesn't require work. It comes over time.

You can't start in PG and power level your 'knowledge'. There is a large number of players who lack it mainly because, as Khay said, they do not read things. They don't read, they skim. (If even that..)

PG isn't a game that requires skill, I think it would be more 'skills'. One of these skills being reading, another would be thinking ahead/planning.

The real kicker for me is that people seem to have overlooked this sentence by our man Marique:

"I really like the game but after more then a year into it with the only real motivator being gear and only gear and then some more gear the game start to feel kinda boring to me."

I was using 40-50 gear levelling skills to 70, it wasn't the best no, but it got the job done. You're a year into PG, you're at level 50, and you're talking gear? I feel like this is on par with a kid jumping off a bed with an empty pillow case then telling me about their amazing sky-diving adventure. Long way to go, buddy.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Knowledge involves knowing the abilities that complement each other, the skillsets that go well together and what mods to use to maximize your dps and survival. Many abilities are meant to be used in combos/chains, many mods for certain abilities boost other abilities etc. I stand by my opinion, a player with a level 70/70 char in yellow 70 gear can be a complete nub if they don't know anything about their skills (i.e. they could be powerleveled etc)

edit @Tsugu I was surprised too that after a year he is still level 50 and without a craft that would allow him to create said gear. Maybe he took long breaks or is the kind of player who focuses on combat only, don't know. I just think his opinion is mildly exaggerated, gear is not everything.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-04-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Separate post cause I thought I should be helpful with gear sourcing for lvl 55

-toolcrafting-snail gear, some animal gear and belts (cause yes, skill base % damage increase is different between level 5 and 50, 8% of a skill that does 800 damage already is great so skill level definitely counts)
    -leatherworking-quality or great leather gear+winter gear
    -tailoring
    -doing manticores in groups, killing other desert mobs for often very good gear drops (purple and above)
    -running Lab for gear
    -killing Pask
    -carpentry for staves and clubs
    -transmuting to tailor your gear to suit your build/needs (relatively easy skill to achieve and level)

I prefer crafting myself and my suggestion is picking a craft (someone recommended leatherworking as being easier and I agree with that), focusing on it and never have problems with finding gear again. With a full set of leather gear suited to your level you can run Lab and get better jewellery and weapons. Remember, dungeons require grouping and you should be useful to a group by having some support skills and ress ability. Focus on these things and you won't get bored

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marique View Post
    As i said earlier I understand very well that gear plays a part but the balance seems to be off in Gorgon. Player skill/knowledge/level should at least make absolutely EVERYTHING and the only "true measurement" of what content you can do in game.
    I agree that there's too much weight applied to gear. I'd love to see gear be less important and instead replaced with something like consumables (which would also help drive the crafting market).

There's a world of difference between the balance being off and "an awful player with perfect gear will always do better than a skilled player with awful gear" and I don't agree with that part of your argument.

Skilled players can make up for gear weaknesses they have with skill. That's how you judge player skill => how they respond to bad situations.

I judge my own progress in game play (and knowledge acquisition, and the skill by which I apply that knowledge) by how successful I am at taking on challenging situation with equipment/skills not appropriate for the situation. The harder the mob I beat up, with the least resources consumed and the weakest gear, the "better" I'm playing.
    Last edited by Eachna; 05-04-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's skill in knowing how to set your bars up to mesh with your gear. It's not like there's super-optimal gear.

The RNG gifted me with knee-kick gear, so I built a knee-kick finishing move set. I've tried to build another move set, but I'll need different gear to drop. At least I know no one will copy my style, because who would have a huge knee-kick bonus?

Then again, it means that the combos are useless to me, since their bonuses only match my gear in performance, but don't match my gear/rotation in abilities. But it does mean if my gear sucks or gets out of matching, I can go back to the combo system instead of leaning on my gear. Which I do when I find things which aren't susceptible to being stunned or kicked.
    Last edited by Crissa; 05-06-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure cause I honestly didnt read it all, did anyone tell OP about dmg buff from Calligraphy? that is a 9% bonus thats super easy to get. if OP can afford the skills buy them as that too is a huge dmg boost.

-shrug-

Yak

Thread Footer