Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the forum ate the reply I posted yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    As a solo human i am in penalty 99% of the time.
    My humans are in community 99% of the time.

Humans do not display when they get dirty but elves do immediately. I will remind you that you pointed out you have no experience playing an elf. I two human characters because they level so much faster.

It is incredibly easy to go out for 60-90 minutes as a human and then take a sell break and still be in community.

Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    Humans have no way to earn bonus xp like elves do. The humans "free bonus" (which only applies to people who group) of 1% is nothing compared to the elven cleanliness bonus under arrangment which can get up to 10% or something.

Plus elves have mutliple pieces of gear to boost max cleanliness (Elven Officer's Helm, Suave Mage Shirt, etc). Humans have nothing to boost max community apart from their racial earrings.
    Are you advocating the use of level 50 gear? can I do the same and say make sure to use your community earrings? Cleanliness items do not significantly adjust the rate at which you get dirty - in my experience.

Having 15 minutes of +10% xp and then the remaining 3 hours plus at -10% xp is a really bad trade. I would love to see the display keep you clean longer and have a more balanced xp % increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    "actual objective fact"
    Fact:

Elves have inferior jewelry to humans
    Elves lose their xp bonus much faster than humans (without taking any action as the player for either)

Observation:

I can take my humans out for 60-90 minutes and stay in community.
    I can lose my cleanliness bonus in 15 minutes as an elf.

There seems to be a big disconnect here in terms of equality

*Edit Update: With 13% xp buffs i lost my clean bonus in under 6 minutes in kur tower. So then I went and washed off and watched the timer (thank you skin buffs). I was dirty before 2 minutes passed - this includes travel time to mobs. I washed off again and noted the time. I was able to get dirty again in under 2 minutes (with even fewer mobs closer to the water wash off point).

Conclusion:

Elves are mechanically inferior to humans and the mechanism could be adjusted slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Why you feel the need to personally attack those who play differently than you with insults though, is somewhat baffling.
    Who am I attacking? Are you trolling again?
    Last edited by Glythe; 02-28-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post
    Serbule/Sun Vale Storage.

I played around with an animal for a time and unlocked some sunvale storage. As an animal you can go over to Silvia and access the animal town storage. As soon as you become mortal you can no longer access that storage.

If you max out the storage for Joeh, Marna, Ivyn and charles thompson you can use the bookcase to access their storage. Those npcs however will not talk to you.

This is the very definition of unfair treatment. I would like to see : animals lose access to serb stash while in animal form or humans able to use sunvale storage they have rightfully unlocked while playing as an animal. Please note I would rather everyone keep the storage if you go to the effort of unlocking it.
    I really want to move on to this issue.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your feedback on these topics, everyone! I know the thread is for anything, not just the couple of things that have been mentioned in it, but that's not actually a helpful format for us. Neither is the sniping.

@Glythe, @Coglin: I'd appreciate it if you gave each other a break for a little while, eh? Your arguments and personal attacks are really derailing these threads and making the forum less useful for everyone. I don't want to keep closing all the threads, and I don't want to have to ask you both to take a short vacation to calm down, so perhaps you could just resist engaging with each other.

Thread Footer