Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I posted a link with the packages and what each of them has as perks for OP. In case that went unnoticed. *insert pitchfork emoji*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    *insert pitchfork emoji*
    Dunno if this will work...

🔱
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ...that's a trident:P

@OP-I hope you got the info and hope you enjoy the game

I wanted to make my other comments clear, hopefully it doesn't trigger more negative responses. It's not about feeling threatened about newcomers dropping a chunk of cash and getting things their way. Citan doesn't seem like the type to put up with that, rather the opposite. I saw many temper tantrums thrown on the (old and new) forums by players enraged that things didn't go their way. From "why you nerfed my char!!" to "you don't let me multibox on 8 accounts, too bad, I would've paid you $ 2000 but not gonna now!".

I really think that's the wrong attitude to have, it's stupid really, if you go see a movie and pay for it you can't have the story changed cause you didn't like it. I get it's gaming and more interactive but the point I'm trying to make is if this particular developer is quite open discussing his ideas and the content of his creation that doesn't mean we can make demands or influence it somehow (we do anyway cause he actually listens to our feedback). I think it's a privilege actually to be part of something creative that people enjoy using. I preordered many games at like $120 a pop which gave me only few hours of beta testing. Needless to say I could never make any demands regarding the content and nobody needed my feedback.
    Not brown nosing here, I gave plenty of negative feedback myself (too much actually), my comments were mostly directed at ourselves. This is generally a community of nice people and I'm sure we want to keep it that way w/o bratty behavior and cracking it when things don't go our way.

Obviously that was a general comment (related to paying for the game) and not directed to the OP (who seems like a very nice person) at all.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-14-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After weighing the costs versus reward I bought the package I thought would be the best reward in the KS. If I had to buy now I would spend a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people that are going to pay upwards of 500.00 on an alpha game have an investment mindset and know darn well investments are shaky at best and that as an investor in something you have little say in how it is run, basically its like "sit back and buckle up you are in for a ride'.

You are paying for fun factor in those packages really.

I could be wrong, my 3 cents.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    Most people that are going to pay upwards of 500.00 on an alpha game have an investment mindset and know darn well investments are shaky at best and that as an investor in something you have little say in how it is run, basically its like "sit back and buckle up you are in for a ride'.

You are paying for fun factor in those packages really.

I could be wrong, my 3 cents.
    Your cents make sense. Many of us have experience with Citan and the dev team from a prior game(s) that extends to over a decade ago. So we have faith in his/their goals and passion. The fact that Citan and the dev team have poured their hearts into creating this game, the fact that they have encouraged and welcomed the feedback from players and tolerated the bs that comes up along the way makes a player feel even better about investing in this game.

The initial 2 months I spent playing the game verified in my mind that it was definitely worth the time spent trying it out and worth a financial investment on my part. And even with the various opinions I don't regret it; I hope they get lost/diluted in the crowd of happy go lucky-I'm just here to relax and enjoy myself gamers.

It also doesn't hurt that many of our fellow guildees have been ingame and/or rl friends for several years to 14+ years.

So as I said to Srand and the dev team shortly after starting PG, you guys have done a great job, ty for creating a great game that offered many of us old fans a new game option. As an experienced business owner I say extra grats for pursuing a dream, goals and producing a game that is able to cater to many different players styles.

As I mentioned before, I and many of us kept tabs on the game over the years and one of my favorite Citan quotes paraphrased is..."If I weren't already bald I would've pulled my hair out."

Huge thanks Citan, Srand, devs for supporting each other and sticking with your dream. I'd much rather play and support a game created out of love than buy another MASS produced game that a corp is simply pushing out.

Sending much <3 and encouragement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your thinking Zoelle! And I am newer but love to read the history and how it has gone. I am 100% on board <3 And the fun factor is high!
    ~~Sparkle~~

Thread Footer