Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post [Resource] Skills Compatibility Chart

Here's a compatibility chart of all the current skills in the game:

Thanks to Stock for the idea. Also, it may not be 100% accurate yet as I took some educated guesses on some skills I'm not very familiar with, so please let me know of any discrepancies and I'll update it.

Thanks & enjoy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for bringing this over to the new forums. If I had known about this list, I wouldn't have started some of the combat skills I did.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this chart. Please know I copied it into the WIKI. While uploading the chart I included a comment to give Auth credit for it.

I was wondering a little about the way that Unarmed can be combined with every other combat skill. Since most other Combat Skill will require the player to have that type of weapon equiped , I think that mean that a large number of the Unarmed abilities would not be available. (I think of Sword, Hammer, Staff, Archery, Shield). Would it be be more correct to represent the Combination (e.g. Unarmed&Sword) with a '?'

Kind regards

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackybah View Post
    Thanks for this chart. Please know I copied it into the WIKI. While uploading the chart I included a comment to give Auth credit for it.

I was wondering a little about the way that Unarmed can be combined with every other combat skill. Since most other Combat Skill will require the player to have that type of weapon equiped , I think that mean that a large number of the Unarmed abilities would not be available. (I think of Sword, Hammer, Staff, Archery, Shield). Would it be be more correct to represent the Combination (e.g. Unarmed&Sword) with a '?'

Kind regards
    Seems reasonable to me. Certain combinations of skills offer more or less synergy than others, but the clash between unarmed and any weapon wielding skill seems extreme. Are there even 6 unarmed skills you can put on your hotbar when wieding a weapon?

Awesome chart by the way!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This chart has the added bonus of making a great icon:
    > <
    Awesome job!
    Last edited by ShubiMaja; 02-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since someone asked already, Unarmed is fully compatible only with Psychology, Mentalism, Necromancy (providing you wear a necromancy gem necklace) and animal handling. Equipping a weapon (other than claw+cestus) or being an animal (no hands/fists) disables the unarmed abilities that involve hands (like Punch, Barrage etc)

It can be combined with anything else but it would lose all the "hands" abilities (including the basic skill I believe) so the combination with the rest of the skillsets is only partial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    being an animal (no hands/fists) disables the unarmed abilities that involve hands (like Punch, Barrage etc)
    I was told that this changed recently (animals now have full access to unarmed), but haven't tried it out yet

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, animals now have full access to all unarmed abilities when they wield the correct unarmed weapons, depending on what the ability requires.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome @Auth, way handier to have it laid out like this now that I see it on a table.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extractum11 View Post
    I was told that this changed recently (animals now have full access to unarmed), but haven't tried it out yet

That would be really strange tbh:O But you're probably right, I haven't tried recently either. Somehow a wolf fist punching is a bit too unrealistic for me.

Thread Footer