Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I noticed a weird bug this weekend where some items I'd crafted had the wrong color for their number of modifiers. I had two items with 3 mods that were blue instead of orange, and one item with 5 mods that was purple instead of yellow. So, if you are crafting and having problems getting the gear you want right now, you may want to count the actual number of mods on an item instead of just checking its color... I have no idea whether this bug could affect dropped items too, or crafted items beyond the lvl 70 leatherworking winter hood for bc/knife.

I've filed a bug report, but I just wanted to post this on the forum in case it helps anyone else looking for new gear.
    Hmm... Just to make sure - you wasnt crafting max-enchanted items. right?

I never noticed bug like that (but i dont play a lot lately, not to mention crafting).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was crafting level 70 amazing winter hoods. I did 3 max-enchanted and several more plain enchanted. The wrong color showed up for 2 of the regularly enchanted hoods, and 1 hood that was probably, but not definitely, crafted from the max-enchanted recipe. It didn't seem to be tied to any particular mod - all the mods that were on the wrong-colored items also appeared on hoods that had the correct color. I still feel like I must have been miscounting something, but I think I added up all the mods on my fingers about 50 times by now...

I counted the mods on some gear drops I'd gotten Monday, and those looked correct. I also did some decent leatherworking recipes yesterday with a single fluorite used twice, and those all had the correct colors for their mods.

So, it's still a mystery to me. I have some nice leather work orders stacked up - I'll see if I can get the mod behavior to replicate with those tonight.

@Crissa - I thought the better or worse effect was for transmutation effects but I could be wrong. I haven't really been paying attention to gear - this weekend was my first stab at making level 70 gear and also my first transmute ever.

Edit: I just did 20 quality leather helm combines for bc/knife and all gear had the correct colors. So, it seems that weird bug only occurs on certain items. I don't have enough spare high level mats right now to test high level gear other than the winter hood, though.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 04-19-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about something too-did the items that you crafted have 2 skills on them or were one gem type of items?

Also I now confirmed something I've been unsure of-remember I posted that when you try to transmute a mod it circles between the SAME 2-3 mods? I believe it's coded that way, put in a simplistic way the game sees some mods as being "crap mods" and rerolls only between the "crap mods" (my guess is that's where the difference in face value comes from aswell, can't confirm that though).

So not generic mods but less desirable ones. Say I have a crap mod I don't want, I try to transmute it and I get another mod I don't want. I proceed to rerolling the second one and I get the first one again (and that process is repeated few times so I exclude rng) I hope my description makes sense cause there's no better way to describe it.

What I would like to know though (and probably only Citan can answer that) is if this is intentional or a bug that's eventually going to be fixed? I went through about 1 k of phlogs yesterday just to confirm my initial suspicion, I'd like to know if I'm wasting it on a bugged craft.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crafted items with the color bug were 2 skill - knife/battle chemistry. I've not seen the bug when crafting armor of a lower level with the same 2 skills though, just on the amazing winter hood.

The transmute I tried this weekend seemed like it might be cyclical but I didn't try for long enough to confirm. I started out with a head battle chem mod that gave a bonus to knee spikes, transmuted into a lower-level mod that caused one of my bc abilities to reduce the cooldown on a mentalism skill, transmuted back to the original knee spikes, then transmuted into a power restore for healing mist, and decided to leave well enough alone.

It's possible that my second knee spike roll was just the RNG, but since it matches Khaylara's more extensive experiment, it probably wasn't.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mods are designed with some of them not being allowed to exist at the same time on an object.

So yes, you eventually get down to a list of 2-3 'crap' mods which are left to select out of.

I'm not sure which is worse, getting stuck with 2-3 'crap' or 7-8 of which one you want never rolls. The apparent affect is the same x-x
    Last edited by Crissa; 04-20-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Mods are designed with some of them not being allowed to exist at the same time on an object.

So yes, you eventually get down to a list of 2-3 'crap' mods which are left to select out of.
    Not really. It looks like there are usually 7-9 possible mods per slot per skill, and the most mods for a single skill that you'd ever have on an unaugmented item is 3, so rerolling one of those mods should always give you at least 4 different mods to choose from, usually more.

So, let's say you have a lovely yellow item with 2 mods for skill 1 and 3 mods for skill 2. You decide to reroll mod A for skill 1, while leaving mod B alone. There are 8 total possible mods for skill 1 in this slot: A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. B should never show up, since it's already on the item.

So, if you kept rerolling the first mod, a random mod sequence might look like: A > C > E > G > A > E > D > F > C > G > H ...

If I follow Khaylara's decription correctly, she is instead seeing: A > C > A > D > A > D > A > C > A > C > A > C > A > D...

That could of course be random, but it seems a bit unlikely. Hm, come to think of, it seems this could be a really nice transmute test for a green item too, since that would have the most mod options available that could pop into the mix if it's really just random assignment.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup you got what i'm saying, there are enough mods available. I ve tried with few greens and blues too (intending to extract the mods i was aiming for) it seems to follow the same pattern but I don't think I tried enough to be 100 % sure. I usually reroll till 0 durability then use another item.
    Most of my conclusions come from rerolling mods on yellow max enchant and yellow drop type gear from GK.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the impression there were mods where you could have A - F, but if you had A, you couldn't have B or C; which means as you get to the third or fifth mod on an item, your pool gets much smaller.

At least that's my experience with kick-related modifiers using transmutation.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Crissa, on dual skill items (i.e. Fire+BC) you don't get the theoretical A-F, you get a max of 4 mods of the same skillset. Even on single skill items the mods are half skill half generic so rerolling 3-4 mods should offer enough pool to choose from. In theory the same mod could be rerolled into -say- 5 different mods excluding the existing ones. But it doesn't, when the pool becomes smaller it keeps rerolling only between A and B (instead of say A and F mods still available). Although I can clearly see there's more mods available for that particular item I get stuck between A n B.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, Khay, I don't know what you're talking about. As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter how many skills or slots an item has; it just rolls from the set of ability text for that armor slot and skill level. And if an ability exists - it can't be repeated.

What I was also saying is that I've seen some abilities which aren't the 'same' but seem immiscible: For instance, AoE bonuses on unarmed gloves. I can only get one at a time, even though there were more than one available.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Crissa, on dual skill items (i.e. Fire+BC) you don't get the theoretical A-F, you get a max of 4 mods of the same skillset. Even on single skill items the mods are half skill half generic so rerolling 3-4 mods should offer enough pool to choose from. In theory the same mod could be rerolled into -say- 5 different mods excluding the existing ones. But it doesn't, when the pool becomes smaller it keeps rerolling only between A and B (instead of say A and F mods still available). Although I can clearly see there's more mods available for that particular item I get stuck between A n B.

Thread Footer