Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'd be intersted in a Gajus solo challenge. Who can solo Gajus at the lowest skill level, gear level, & endurance level?
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd still be interested in some smaller challenge like that @Hood even with just a few people competing - but we may need to wait a bit for the new influx of players to settle down regardless.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxlazr View Post
    I'd still be interested in some smaller challenge like that @Hood even with just a few people competing - but we may need to wait a bit for the new influx of players to settle down regardless.
    Great looking forward to it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave the perma-death alt a run, ended up underestimating some monsters at the crypt, so I didn't get very far.

Going to give it another round shortly, though. Feel free to join me (anyone at all) whenever you'd like.

I will say I think dropping lore as a score might be a wise move to save some time running around the tutorial & towns clicking on things, but we'll see how we go.

Edit:

RIP Vzii, never forget.

Inc Vziii.

Edit 2:

RIP Vziii. This is harder than I thought it'd be

I set that bar low for ya.
    Last edited by Oxlazr; 02-01-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm getting excited to try this now as well. It'll have to wait a week I think though. Hood is in a development crisis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, my third character (VzIV), is alive and well. I've killed a few outside bosses, and leveled sword/psych to 16/12, before managing to enrage (and survive) a rage attack from the cow boss to get cursed, so now I'm leveling cow/psychology.

A few notes, though -
    Cheese - The Mild Cheddar you get from the tutorial island is extremely powerful, seeing as you can't buy/trade for food. I'm nearly out of this, as I wasted a bit of it for favour to make bacon, and I'm not entirely sure what an easy replacement would be.

Bacon - I grinded a bunch of this, looking for pig potions (which I didn't find), and it's been a life-saver.

Ruggediser - I tried to go pig this way, but it didn't want to work (even chugging 50 or so of the stuff) - but if you don't mind risking it, it's a good early-game survival item.

I'm probably missing some strategies here, but that's what I've done so far.

I should mention I nearly died in Crypt as someone trained the big spider on me. I would advise staying away from the Crypt until much later (the interior). Kinda sucks, but what can you do?

A final note - when I say "no trading" I've also excluded myself from buying items in the used tab.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is very cool, and it's something I imagined the "behavior badges" would eventually be useful for. For instance, if you want to do a no-shirt challenge, and you live long enough, you'll eventually get the Shirtless behavior badge, which is proof you didn't cheat. The down side of the current system is that you have to stay alive for a few weeks before the badges kick in. But it's something we might be able to evolve in a way that helps make player-challenges more enforceable. If this challenge (or challenges like this) catch on, we might give that tech a bit more priority than it would otherwise have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Citan

Is there a badge for not dying in the game already? I wonder as I've not seen any alts running around with it. I know I've seen pacifist and nudist before, which are interesting badges in of themselves, but are typically seen on bank alts - maybe some sort of endurance threshold would make these badges more interesting?

At anyrate, I'm enjoying going through the lower level content on a new character, instead of just leveling new skills on my existing ones - I wager the main deterrent of veteran players attempting these challenges is the limited number of character slots. That subscription going live anytime soon? :P

Ideally, I'd see these events lasting for a few months, then giving a reward to your main character. I'd dish out rewards if I could, but I tend to give away anything valuable I have arbitrarily.

Getting people to participate is a problem, though. I just think of fulling up a 40 man raid - the first 20 or so slots are difficult to get, but once you have those numbers, others join pretty quickly as the foundation is already there. I definitely think it needs a bit of a developer nudge to really take off for this reason.

For now, though, going through lowbie gameplay again lets me find new bugs, and play trivial content again meaningfully. It's a good little experiment for now, and I really do hope more people jump on board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/YCkBL1d.png

A sad ending, died to inescapable lag - couldn't even log back into the game until I changed DNS. But I'm gonna set the bar there for now, dying to lag is a bit of a buzzkill given I could've died without it several times prior

Anyway, if you do give it a go @Hood let me know.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Currently:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Notes on your attempt:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

In Response to Citan
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Vzi, what has been the most thrilling part of this challenge for you in action thus far?

Thread Footer