Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The folders are great

My FPS has reached unplayable level. I was previously at an uncomfortable 14FPS but now I've gone sub 10

I notice the FPS drop on my PC and mac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today during the poetry reading I tried both
    Optimize Meshing and none but my fraps as easylivin has stated is unplayable at best . I normally get 60 but for some reason in serbule I get less then half that . every where else its at 60 fraps that has included both OptimizeeMeshes or not ? odd but since last update It seem my fraps is less now then it was last poetry reading . in fact this was worst yet . everything else seems to work fine . not sure the OptimiseMeshes seems to work as intended ? Just my opinion .
    Yes I logged in fact did it numerous times prior to event and during ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Shieldbreaker mentioned my ground texture seems dark nothing changed . I tried to change it regardless it seems deem and dark . relog and reboot it goes back to normal or what I consider normal

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing for years and never reached 50 endurance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    I've been playing for years and never reached 50 endurance.
    I had to intentionally grind melee skills to finally be able to wear better endurance armor. It's been an issue since forever that casters don't really get any endurance xp, but endurance is pretty much a required skill for so many things. Adding more unlocks to something which essentially penalizes choosing ranged over melee skills doesn't make much sense to me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sokercap I've only used Unarmed, Psychology, and Animal skills.

I haven't figured out the deal with Endurance. I often just don't get it in battles. And I burn through armor. It's like, maybe stuns reset it somehow? I dunno.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    All I can come up with for alternate names is Tabs or Partitions. But Folders is fine with me.
    Either of those sound pretty good to me. After a couple more days thinking about it, the best I can do is "compartments" but I think that sounds too wordy.

Incidentally, the skills that unlock folders refer to them as "bags" in the level up reward list, and the default names for the folders are "bag 1-4".

Dying 50 and lore 25 also seem very hard to me. After playing casually for a couple years, both of mine are at 21. Overall, the list seems reasonable to me though since you only need 4 out of 12. My easy skills would be anatomy and industry since I enjoy crafting, but I think the mix of skills should allow everyone to get a folder or two after playing a bit. I also liked the survival instincts 50 requirement to help out the animal players.

I turned on OptimizeMeshes after the previous patch and didn't notice much of a difference. I want to say it upped my fps by maybe 3-5 in Serbule, so I left it in place. The current patch seems to improve my fps at the bad graphics setting and lower it at good (only in Serbule. Sun Vale and Kur were fine and running at 30-60 fps compared to Serbule town's sudden drop to the low 10s.)

Oh, and the new map for Kur looks really nice and detailed!! I still haven't managed to update my map pins and being able to zoom in on the map and actually make out where the wolf cave should be was a great help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sokercap View Post
    I had to intentionally grind melee skills to finally be able to wear better endurance armor. It's been an issue since forever that casters don't really get any endurance xp, but endurance is pretty much a required skill for so many things. Adding more unlocks to something which essentially penalizes choosing ranged over melee skills doesn't make much sense to me.
    With my fire mage, to level endurance and armor repair, I will attack lower level mobs at range let them close on me and hit me a few times. This gives me endurance points and gets armor to take damage so I can repair it. Grindy but it works.

EDIT: I too experienced the FPS drops during the poetry reading in Serbule. It was a slide show when usually FPS is in the 55-60 range for me.
    Last edited by Flexarc; 01-29-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the new inventory sorting, major help for the way I play. If I were to suggest anything it would be to have the top row of the normal inventory tab be permanent, i.e. it won't move if you click sort or scroll down. That way I can keep items I need to use like potions, food, bottles, etc. always at the top in the same spot for easy access. It could even be its own folder so it could be sorted on its own, but still show up in your normal inventory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexarc View Post
    With my fire mage, to level endurance and armor repair, I will attack lower level mobs at range let them close on me and hit me a few times. This gives me endurance points and gets armor to take damage so I can repair it. Grindy but it works.
    Just FYI Flex...you can use the armor repair and first aid skills whether you need to fix/heal or not and still get the xp for it.

Thread Footer